Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 04:09 AM

89 posts, read 84,716 times

Advertisements

Was anyone else able to sign their lease this week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 07:57 AM

64 posts, read 58,349 times
Nah, the management agencys are doing the lease signning in sections. My agent told me, she wanted her client sign in along with the first groups, so she subjected having us sign at the office. Her supervisor denied that idea, so we had to wait until it her turned to sign her group in. So that where it stands with me. She did say it will be this week.( probably Thursday/Friday). Did ya looked at your apartment yet, or did ya move in? Did ya see the apartment during the lease signning in ? Detail please!!!

Old 01-15-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizahazel49 View Post
Nah, the management agencys are doing the lease signning in sections. My agent told me, she wanted her client sign in along with the first groups, so she subjected having us sign at the office. Her supervisor denied that idea, so we had to wait until it her turned to sign her group in. So that where it stands with me. She did say it will be this week.( probably Thursday/Friday). Did ya looked at your apartment yet, or did ya move in? Did ya see the apartment during the lease signning in ? Detail please!!!
So Friday when I signed my lease they had the super take me to see the apartment. I was a little annoyed because the workers were still there fixing up stuff and the apartment layout was different than the one shown at viewing. They told us we could start moving in right away but big furniture on Tuesday or any other day you schedule with management. Ive already started moving things but not furniture yet because I'm still working and dont have the time until the weekend. They make you sign a thousand papers so be ready. Also they ask if you want a 1 year or two year lease. What I didn't like is that I noticed the construction workers were in my apartment still fixing the tub and stuff without my knowledge. I noticed things were moved that I put down and I just wish they would've told us that Monday people will be there fixing up things still. I want to put an additional lock on my door but they say its against the lease rules.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:07 AM

Any other questions, Im happy to answer! The building and amentities are beautiful and Im so grateful. I hope everyone respects the space though because as we all know all it takes is for one person to mess it up for the whole building. Computer room and excercise room are still being set up but the laundry room is in full affect (They give you a card).

Old 01-15-2020, 01:31 PM

Did you spend the night yet, and are you top floor? Cause i want to be on close to top floor. When you say not exact like the model apartment on 9th floor. How different cause i just brought sectional, is it smaller than model? And is there shelves in the hallway like model? They allow you to move right in after the sign in? Was your apartment number on the papers or they just took you to next apartment in line? Good, i can't wait until my turn!!! I want it...lol. too many questions right sorry. After all the frustration we been through, man im grateful, i just hope i have kind neighbors. And clean.

Old 01-15-2020, 01:33 PM

Thanks for sharing your experiences ..

Old 01-15-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Did you spend the night yet, and are you top floor? Cause i want to be on close to top floor. When you say not exact like the model apartment on 9th floor. How different cause i just brought sectional, is it smaller than model? And is there shelves in the hallway like model? They allow you to move right in after the sign in? Was your apartment number on the papers or they just took you to next apartment in line? Good, i can't wait until my turn!!! I want it...lol. too many questions right sorry. After all the frustration we been through, man im grateful, i just hope i have kind neighbors. And clean.
Im on the 4th floor and the model unit I seen was on the 3rd (I think). Both bedrooms were next to eachother in the model unit but my ACTUAL apartment has one bedroom facing the living room and one closer to the bathroom. The closet space is still the same as well as the living room, its just the bedrooms aren't next to eachother like I wanted. They pre picked the apartment so that was the one on my paperwork when I went to sign my lease. Right after sign in I moved some clothes and small appliances in. No I haven't spent a night yet but this weekend I will.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:39 PM

Wow, so they gave you the diagrams model on Via Vyse website. Do it come with half island to kitchen. I know maybe its a little upsetting for bedroom to be attached the livingroom. But after you decorate and hook it up you going to enjoyed. It nice, and if they give me that model too, i will be happy. Eventhough, i want the other bedroom side by side model. Lol. So hopeful we doing it tomorrow or Friday. I got money order. Im ready.

Old 01-18-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Wow, so they gave you the diagrams model on Via Vyse website. Do it come with half island to kitchen. I know maybe its a little upsetting for bedroom to be attached the livingroom. But after you decorate and hook it up you going to enjoyed. It nice, and if they give me that model too, i will be happy. Eventhough, i want the other bedroom side by side model. Lol. So hopeful we doing it tomorrow or Friday. I got money order. Im ready.
Sorry for the late response its been a whirlwind moving this weekend and placing furniture. Also I learned that the buildings wiring for cable (Optimum and Verizon) isn't set up. Optimum stated they would call me once the building sets it up so they can come out to install my cable. Netflix and Roku it is for now!

Old 01-19-2020, 07:10 AM

Wow, im signing my lease on tue, yes! I were going do running around for cable and con ed, on wed. Damn. Well Netflix and firestick it is. Im move in on friday, i wanted to get everything straight first. So want learned everything about building. Im see my apartment on tuesday afternoon. Im ask million and one questions? My sofa was scheduled on wed do i need to reschedule it? I have lots questions to ask the super. Especially about that lock, and who else access to key? Im so excited i cant wait. How are you enjoying the apartment so far, is your neighbor nice and quiet. Did they tell you when they will be hooking up cable line in the building. I would have to purchase internet box cause kids aint going to like not playing their game without internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: