Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 02:20 PM

913 posts, read 2,274,206 times

Advertisements

Lotteries are not a good source for finding an apartment. All are waiting games and depending on which program you applied for based on income bracket, it could be a very long waiting game in terms of years.

They called me almost 3 months ago. My log number is 1990 range and borderline 2000. The rep said they'd call me the very next week to come in and sign a floor plan to continue the process because she said this in her words: Your log number is sooooo low you're literally next in line.

Here we are and Labor Day and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I left them a voicemail last week, but haven't heard back from anyone. When they called me 3 months ago, she stated they're all out of 2 bedrooms. It's just mass confusion and I'm trying to keep everything professional. My life is not depending on this lottery because $1818.00 in rent is not truly a bargain.

It'll be horrible if you sign a new lease for an apartment just as Q41 gets their act together and offers you a place and you get completely screwed. By the way, my neighbor in my current apartment complex is having a bed bug massacre. Total drama!!!!!

Plus, the current tenants can't even use the gym because as long as they are occupying the 4th floor, the gym equipment can't be installed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 11:13 PM

Standing at the N train now and the apartment complex is dead empty. Only a few occupied units as far as I can tell.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 PM

Still many units with the lights turned off.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:40 AM

74 posts, read 170,853 times
Soooo I just got a call today and they asked me for my last 4 paystubs for a 2 bedroom 2 bath. Curious. Going back today to check the apartment out to see if it's worth it - from what I remember it didn't get much light and didn't have a great view.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 PM

Oh goodness. They just called asking for the same thing. Asking for everything but my 1st born child.

I thought you moved in months ago?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:05 PM

I posted a while back about my predicament - someone with a CB preference swooped in and was under appeal, so we didn't get the place back in May. I called a week ago just to see what's available and went in today, so we'll see what happens from here! I honestly don't mind the run-around as long as I get the unit I want... I should find out in a couple of weeks!

Old 08-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Do you randomly show up there or they invite you?

i didn't know you were still pending. I assumed by now you were running through the hallways and celebrating about reaching the prestigious status for being in a luxury condo at a lower rate than market value.

They ironically reached out to me today out of the blue and my log number is in the 1990 range. A woman called me a few months ago saying my number is so low and I'm next in line. Never heard from that person again till today. So either she hasn't been processing people's applications for the last 3 months or she's lazy.

She said it's almost full but that she has 1 and 2 bedrooms available, but she told me 3 months ago only 1 bedrooms are available. It's very confusing.

And why request all that paper work all over again when she already has it? I reminded her about signing a floor plan because she asked me that signing a floor plan is the next step since I passed the credit check, but she said no to the floor plan and that she'll reach out to me in 3 weeks to see if i still qualify.

Last edited by q41apartments; 08-12-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 03:58 PM

I invited myself. They offered me a 4th floor unit and I asked if I could come in and see it... they said yes, so I showed up and got some good information. Ms. Lake is a wonderful human being, as is the blonde lady also working in the office. Ms. Lake was very friendly, answered my questions, and was very competent. I think they realized that some other folks were less than competent, so they took some action and re-staffed with helpful people.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:27 PM

Were you happy with the unit you saw?
How many are left?
Did she tell you what's the hold up?
Should I visit them to get an in person status update?

Old 08-12-2014, 04:41 PM

I wasn't happy with the unit I saw today (4E I think) compared to 15J, which I signed the floor plan for back in April.

12 units are left.

I'm not sure what hold up you're referring to - the general lack of speed in filling the building hold up or the hold up with my situation?

I think if you call and ask and patiently wait for them to call you back (in the case they can't talk in that moment), then ask to come in. Or just show up - I told security I was going to the 4th floor and he let me in without question (which concerns me). The only reason I went it was to see a unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery