Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 05:53 PM

104 posts, read 376,565 times

Advertisements

I vote Wild Hogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 02:55 PM

713 posts, read 1,846,075 times
Red Sky at Morning, based on the Richard Bradford novel, was shot in and around SF. A great movie.

Here is the link from IMDB.com of the movies filmed in New Mexico.

The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,437 times
Recent TNT series Into the west was partly shot in Santa Fe. Suspect Zero, starring sir Ben Kingsley and Arron Ekhart about a serial killer gone insane was shot in Albuquerque and In the valley of Elah last year's masterpiece that earned Tommy Lee Jones another Oscar nomination of his career was also shot partly in Albuquerque i thought i should share these movies they are worth checking out.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 PM

464 posts, read 1,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrminhas View Post
Recent TNT series Into the west was partly shot in Santa Fe. Suspect Zero, starring sir Ben Kingsley and Arron Ekhart about a serial killer gone insane was shot in Albuquerque and In the valley of Elah last year's masterpiece that earned Tommy Lee Jones another Oscar nomination of his career was also shot partly in Albuquerque i thought i should share these movies they are worth checking out.

Yes! These were all good. I really liked Suspect Zero. Very unusual and lots of detail. Keeps you thinking and guessing, which I like. Maybe more of a guy movie? A bit of a tough topic, but I liked it. I like to 'think' during some movies

Tia Dalma

Old 11-15-2008, 02:26 PM

6 posts, read 11,920 times
A movie, that is very underrated imho, is First Snow (2006) starring Guy Pearce. Mainly shot in Albuquerque. It's awesome! Great locations....

Some of my other favorite NM movies:
The Missing
Suspect Zero
No Country For Old Men
Young Guns I-II
In The Valley Of Elah
Off The Map
3:10 To Yuma
Wild Hogs (Maybe not one of my favorites. But it has some great locations!)

One of the more funny things I've seen so far was when White Sands was the stand in for Qatar, Iraq in Transformers. Some awesome shots of the dunes! I know they are back filming again around the Holloman Air Force Base for the sequel too.

But best movie shot here (so far). I would have to say the Young Guns movies. They are essential to watch if you live in New Mexico. Even though parts of the second movie was also shot in Tuscon, Arizona.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 8,437 times
Although not one of my favorite movies and including a brilliant cast, Natural Born Killers was also shot in New Mexico. I haven't seen it in quite a while but I think there is a scene with a wedding which shot in Taos, New Mexico.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:54 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrminhas View Post
Although not one of my favorite movies and including a brilliant cast, Natural Born Killers was also shot in New Mexico. I haven't seen it in quite a while but I think there is a scene with a wedding which shot in Taos, New Mexico.
The sweet young newlywed couple on the Rio Grande Gorge bridge....and her veil wafting down into the chasm.
it was a weird but pretty entertaining movie

Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,088 times
A Movie was shot in Espanola a few weeks ago, they were using the old Surplus City building and made it into a bowling alley, they also filmed threwout the city. The name of the move is called Crazy Heart, it will hit the big screen next year.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:12 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
I just watched The Man from Laramie (James Stewart, 1955)...the remastering is quite good, and it's a great movie!

The Milagro Beanfield War and 2 of The Young Guns are in the pile TBW..!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:10 AM

775 posts, read 2,588,192 times
Default Bobbi Jo and the Outlaws

With Linda Carter in the Nude was my favorite New Mexico movie made in the center of N.M. el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico