Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:22 AM

28 posts, read 218,633 times

Advertisements

One of my favorites (that hasn't been already mentioned) is, "The Tao of Steve."

Last edited by zeldaII; 09-26-2007 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 03:34 AM

261 posts, read 622,553 times
I agree. Easy Rider with the shots of Monument Valley. Beautiful. The Weight playing in the background. Perfect riding music...although I'm sure they were smoking crack when they wrote the lyrics....

Crazy Chester followed me, and he caught me in the fog
Said, "I will fix your rack, if you'll take Jack, my dog"
I said, "Wait a minute Chester, you know, I'm a peaceful man"
He said, "That's OK, boy, won't you feed him when you can"

Old 10-11-2007, 11:56 PM

801 posts, read 2,217,406 times
I'll watch any movie made in New Mexico, just for the scenery if nothing else. My favorites have to be Easy Rider, Lonely Are the Brave, and...I'll probably add "In the Valley of Ellah." The many gritty locations in and around Albuquerque are a treat, and I thought it was a rather powerful movie

Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM

576 posts, read 2,311,955 times
Great thread--thanks, NMGuy for starting it. If you are like me and need a little nudge to get your memory in gear, take a look at the NM Film Office's Filmography (http://www.nmfilm.com/filming/filmography/ - broken link), which lists the films made in New Mexico by year of release, starting in 1898 (!) and going right up to the 35 movies filmed here and released in 2007 so far.

~clairz

Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 PM

18,265 posts, read 25,960,960 times
My vote goes to Wyatt Earp from 1994with Kevin Costner and Gene Hackman.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,029,179 times
High Rolls is the setting for a new movie. Alamogordo Daily News - Sci-fi comedy filming in High Rolls
Check it out
Here is another article, as the actor is wrong in the first one.
Alamogordo Daily News - Campus provides locale, advisor to film

Last edited by chilegal; 10-18-2007 at 07:57 PM..

Old 11-11-2007, 12:11 PM

576 posts, read 2,311,955 times
Default A Clovis/Portales Movie!

Since I play the role of unofficial Clovis booster on this forum, I would urge you to watch Believe in Me (2006) which was shot in Clovis and Portales. See local vintage cars, local faces in the crowd scenes, and some beautiful prairie scenery. Nice story, too.

~clairz

Old 11-11-2007, 12:57 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,694,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairz View Post
Since I play the role of unofficial Clovis booster on this forum, I would urge you to watch Believe in Me (2006) which was shot in Clovis and Portales. See local vintage cars, local faces in the crowd scenes, and some beautiful prairie scenery. Nice story, too.

~clairz
ClairZ.......It looks like a good movie according to the trailer (2.40 sec) about a coach who coaches a girls Basketball team and is a true story.
"Believe in Me"

Old 11-11-2007, 06:19 PM

41 posts, read 175,736 times
Wild Hogs!!!! Haha-funny movie
&& the PBS special about Kit Carson--my bf was in it!! It comes out in Febuary!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:10 PM

203 posts, read 715,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm_photojournalist View Post
"Lonely Are the Brave," shot in B&W in the early 60's, in and around Albuquerque. Co-starring Walter Mathau, & Carrol O'Connor. This little known film was Kirk's personal favorite over all his many other blockbusters.

A one-time, "real" cowboy, whose lifestyle is losing out to "progess" in the "New" West, just can't adapt, and finds himself in trouble with the law. Great photography in the Sandia Mountains. I don't believe it has ever been released on DVD, so scope out the dwindling tapes at your local Movie rental, or possibly libraries.

One of those great, "message" films that made you think...before the time of never ending explosions, and car chases! Not even any sex or nudity! :-)

Excellent suggestion for a thread! Thanks.
Great flick... based on Edward Abbey's early novel "The Brave Cowboy"... a real labor of love for Douglas...

But no great NM movie list is complete without "Convoy"!

Based on the reviews coming in, "No Country for Old Men" will be a contender for best NM film... The NM premier is this Wed in LV

Film NM has a pretty good list of movies shot in NM at
Filmography :: Filming in New Mexico :: New Mexico Film (http://www.nmfilm.com/filming/filmography/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico