Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:53 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc23 View Post
About 75% of "No Country..." was shot in Las Vegas and area. Some in ABQ and a a couple of weeks in/around Marfa, TX. I know this 'cause I spent about 10 weeks in daily contact with with the film crew...

Big reason shot here: the Coens hired crew in SF and ABQ who commuted daily to LV- Coens didn't have to pay lodging or per diem... in Marfa, they had to pay hotel and per diem for everyone... they saved millions doing principal shooting here. The countryside about 20 miles east of LV is a pretty good stand in for Presidio County.
have you or anyone else seen this yet?

i have some friends who were filmed as extras in the movie- can't wait to see if they made it through the edits!

from what i saw of the previews, the film is about as close to the book as you could possibly ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 02:53 AM

118 posts, read 518,905 times
I can't believe no one mentioned "Missing", (or could be "The Missing") filmed near Jemez Springs. Directed by Ron Howard and starring Tommy Lee Jones. The film crew, including Ron Howard, had lunch at the restaurant I managed in Los Alamos. Mr. Howard was incredibly gracious even though he did not eat his broccoli. I guess without Aunt Bea watching over his shoulder he could get away with that.

The movie wasn't that great but meeting Opie was unforgettable.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:09 PM

203 posts, read 714,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
have you or anyone else seen this yet?

i have some friends who were filmed as extras in the movie- can't wait to see if they made it through the edits!

from what i saw of the previews, the film is about as close to the book as you could possibly ask.
Haven't seen it yet... I had "VIP" tickets for the NM premier last Wednesday, but the organizers issued 1,000 tix for a 560 seat theater... didn't get in...
supposed to hit general release in a couple of days.

Can't wait either... friends tell me a shoot out occurs in front of my business. Also have friends as extras and a couple who got small speaking roles.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:38 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,422,660 times
Although I'm still trying to figure out the ending, I'd have to say that "No Country for Old Men" is an excellent film.

It contains tension, excellent acting, and good use of local, NM scenery.

Tommy Lee Jones, with lines on his forehead that look like a road map, just keeps getting better and better.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:23 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
Edge of America Directed by Chis Eyre who won many many awards for this movie including a Directors Guild Award.

Geronimo...the good one with Wes Studi

Also, the Missing as stated above

The Jim Chee series (directed by Chris Eyre)

New Mexico give HUGE tax breaks for Filming there and I belive they now have several "Film Schools" that include learning how to do the behind the scenes jobs. If anyone is looking for a growth industry in NM this is it!

Also, there are many indi films that are filmed there. In one state you can get from desert to MTs and everything in between.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,049 times
The Movie: Transformers(2007) There is a scene after the soldiers are attacked and in retreat from the alien. As they are footin it, one scenery shot is of Shiprock Peak, the TALLEST EXPOSED volcano cone in the world. Nice...

Old 02-22-2008, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 5,974 times
Twins with Schwarzenegger and De Vito has some great shots of the down town Santa Fe.

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096320/]Twins (1988/I)[/url]

Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,995,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
I'm hearing traffic reports more and more often that include that some street is closed due to a "movie shoot." This is going to get kinda annoying if the "movie industry" ends up moving to NM in force.
Yep, you'll be complaining...until your home value starts appreciating 10% per year.

I just read through the whole thread, and don't think I saw Wild Hogs mentioned, filmed in Madrid [but I wouldn't consider it the best film made in NM].

Old 02-22-2008, 05:12 PM

68 posts, read 455,616 times
Does anyone remember, "And Now Miguel?"

Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 PM

110 posts, read 752,796 times
I just saw the PBS show on Kit Carson a few nights ago. It was very good. Made me want to visit your beautiful state again very soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico