Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 02:45 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
My opinion? I think Ben was a troll....

Enough said...

Rich
Boy, did this thread go south!!!!!!
Gee ben, I think we have more people here that howl than the coyotes or wolves.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:52 PM

38 posts, read 128,282 times
You guys have me totally figured out.

I was so completely flattened, crushed and blown away by your substantial internet wit that I had a dream, nay....a VISION last night.

In this visionQUEST I was trapped in a gigantic pepto bismal colored 'dream' catcher festooned with dusty old feathers and spiderwebs. The skulls of unwitting internet noobs and old car parts knocked together as I struggled to escape. I would almost get free of the blasted net but two gaudy abstract men (?) with giant round heads and phallic symbols attached to their lips kept kicking my hands away from the ropes that held me.

Imprisoned, I could do little else but weep as you each took turns piercing my writhing and bloodied body with your sardonic barbs and bashing my soft, leathery, premature eggshell skull with your brutish jests...until its soft yellow contents leaked dripping into the desert sage below.

I awoke in tears and vowed to venture back to the scene of the ghastly crime and ask you where you get such steely internet skin from?
What digital totem animal must I pray to so that I may, one day, hold the goblet of wit as you do, with weathered, cord like strength pulsing from my armoured lofty intellectual hands.

Or something.

You guys take this whole 'internet thing' way too seriously in my opinion...while at the same time, completely failing to answer a serious question and turning the whole thing into a freak show and borderline argument.

There's an extremely fine line between 'scarcasm' ...and just being rude to the new guy.

Carry on, I'm not really hurt or whatever.

Last edited by UsernameBen; 05-12-2009 at 03:28 PM..

Old 05-12-2009, 02:56 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Were they wearing bircky's?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:58 PM

804 posts, read 1,965,086 times
Default Cars

I like the suggestion about growing cactus in cars
Attached Thumbnails
Do I *have* to like pastels, howling coyote pendants and indian feathers if I want to move to New Mexico?-car_1.jpg   Do I *have* to like pastels, howling coyote pendants and indian feathers if I want to move to New Mexico?-car_2.gif  

Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,905,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameBen View Post

You guys take this whole 'internet thing' way too seriously in my opinion.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
You guys have me totally figured out.

I was so completely flattened, crushed and blown away by your substantial internet wit that I had a dream, nay....a VISION last night.

In this visionQUEST I was trapped in a gigantic pepto bismal colored 'dream' catcher festooned with dusty old feathers and spiderwebs. The skulls of unwitting internet noobs and old car parts knocked together as I struggled to escape. I would almost get free of the blasted net but two gaudy abstract men (?) with giant round heads and phallic symbols attached to their lips kept kicking my hands away from the ropes that held me.

Imprisoned, I could do little else but weep as you each took turns piercing my writhing and bloodied body with your sardonic barbs and bashing my soft, leathery, premature eggshell skull with your brutish jests.

I awoke in tears and vowed to venture back to the scene of the ghastly crime and ask you where you get such steely internet skin from?
What digital totem animal must I pray to so that I may, one day, hold the goblet of wit as you do, with weathered, cord like strength pulsing from my armoured lofty intellectual hands.

Or something.

You guys take this whole 'internet thing' way too seriously in my opinion.

And you shouldn't confuse 'wit' and 'scarcasm' with just being rude to the new guy.
Hummm, that was a wild dream!
I used to have a dream years ago of being chased by a bear in the wild, it chased me to a cliff, there was nowhere to go, the bear made contact with me, and I went over the edge of the cliff, and, suddenly, I would awake shaking in fear. It'll probably happen at Luna Camp, in the Cibola National Forest, then, I'll be living out my dream.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 PM

38 posts, read 128,282 times
I once camped in Carlsbad.... and during my very first night...a really bad thunderstorm blew in.

The lightning was flashing and the thunder was booming and I was cowering in my make shift tent (wondering what it would feel like to *actually* be struck by lightning). Anyways, during one particularly loud lighting strike (which I thought was the end of me) I saw the silhouette of this giant bird behind my squeezed shut eyes.

Crazy huh?

True story.

Last edited by UsernameBen; 05-12-2009 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: grammar.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I once camped in Carlsbad during a really bad thunderstorm and as the lightning flashed and I cowered in my make shift tent (wondering what it would feel like to be struck by lightning) I saw this giant bird behind my closed eyes.

Crazy huh?
Oh, you should try Upper Gallinas Camp in the Gila National Forest when the monsoons come thru. You're at about 6,000' up, and the thunder and lightning come right over the tree tops, it'll have you running for the only concrete structure there, a vault toilet space. If the thunder and lightning don't freak you out, the high winds will, you'll swear the oak and pine trees are going to come crashing down on you. After the storms pass by, at night, parked next to the stream, the running water and silence is truly sootheing. why, it gets soooo windy up there, we saw a squirrel get blown out of an oak tree and fall to it's death.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,889 times
Ben. Welcome.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
...and once again, a troll falls to the wit, wisdom, and downright smart-alecky humor of the New Mexico thread.
Another job well done, folks
Tecpatl, I really have to agree with you this time....

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico