Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:59 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimninja17 View Post
As the title states. I tried to plea by mail, asked for mercy from the court and i was sent 2 bills saying you owe us $300 and you get 6 pts. on your license, and the other letter that I am apparently supposed to pay to the Town that I was entering, another $175.

I'm a student and cannot afford all this.

Does it matter that I am a Maryland resident, and it's a New York ticket? Will it effect me at all? Ignore it?
If you are a maryland resident and got a NY ticket, why are you asking this in the NJ forum? NJ has different rules and laws about this than nY..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,885 times
Default i would like to know how you manage to escape the points

Hi I would like to know the procedure to plead guilty in NY speeding ticket and NO points. pls explain i got a ticket today in NY and i have license of NJ.
i was speeding at 70 on a 55 MPH zone

==================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Jalikeakick View Post
not all states share their violation info with other states. I would start by calling the municipality in VA and ask them if they share info with NJ.

I got a speeding ticket in VT and the points never showed up on my motor vehicle record. I also got a speeding ticket in NY (which does share info with NJ) and I was able to plead by mail to a no points violation.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:58 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,663,583 times
Two points will be added to your NJ driver's license. Taking a driver improvement course will remove them or they will be dropped after a year if no other violations are added.

A point violation does no mean points are no added to your insurance. That point structure is independent of the DMV actions.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:08 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times
Everytime I hear of anyone getting a ticket in NY, I just shake my head. NY is the most lawless mess of any state. The people drive so cluelessly slow. If you just get through NY and dont shoot anybody they should let you go and not bother anyone. I wwant to say you get out of a NY ticket by promising you wont blow the court room up.
Aaaaah. Well I know if I got a NY ticket I wouldn't really do anything like that but they have some nerve. I guess they are doing the usual "revenue raising" on the backs of out of state drivers that many other states do. Just irks me to hear NY pretending like they have any laws, other than the laws of physics.

Anyway back to the topic, in the good ole days you could stuff the ticket where the sun don't shine and eventually if you went to court, the cop wouldn't remember anything from a century ago, BUT these days they have their ways, so the usual advice, try to plead it down to a no pointer or take the two points and either let it go off your record in a year or take an online course to knock 2 points off and keep your insurance low. Noow Yawk = No Laws

Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 11,943 times
just got a ticket in State of Florida for not stopping on time seeing a school bus..but I live in New Jersey and dont like the idea of the point..my question is will it affect out of state point given on my NJ License?...help someone answer!!!

Old 12-05-2011, 02:25 PM

I would like to know if the nj classes to remove points will help me in my insurance..dont want a high insurance....nj is high already in auto insurance... Wow!!

Old 12-05-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAOMIGARCIA View Post
I would like to know if the nj classes to remove points will help me in my insurance..dont want a high insurance....nj is high already in auto insurance... Wow!!

Old 12-06-2011, 05:23 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times
Basically any out of state ticket brings 2 points back to your NJ license, and as mentioned earlier you should be able to take one of those point reduction courses to keep your insurance low. Many insurance carriers let you get away with one ticket without raising rates.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:43 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,863,723 times
I wouldn't worry about the florida incident. does FL share with NJ?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,918 times
Just received my first speeding ticket since 1988. Not paying attention on the Ny Thruway. 84 in a 65. How do they determine the fine? There is nothing on the ticket. Also, anyone with experience of pleading these down? I was speeding, not going to deny it, but worried about points on my NJ license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: