Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:37 AM

37 posts, read 136,188 times

Advertisements

I went to the opening Wednesday and it is not a supercenter. Nice, big store and I was even on televsion in the background on News 12!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 11:20 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,955,016 times
I just came back, it's not a supercenter but they sure have a lot of food. The store is huge, I bet they have room to make it a supercenter in the future. They probably had a hard time for a supercenter.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,132 times
Thumbs up Super Wal-Mart Rt 27 Edison

I for one think this is a great idea! It's your one shop stop. Not only that the prices are alot cheaper then your regular stop n shop and path marks.

As the times are getting harder and more expensive, we need to look at other ways to be able to afford things we need and want.

Yes this may cause a little more traffic on rt 27 but come on people you live in NEW JERSEY!! Every where you go we have traffic!!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,358,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsome View Post
I for one think this is a great idea! It's your one shop stop. Not only that the prices are alot cheaper then your regular stop n shop and path marks.

As the times are getting harder and more expensive, we need to look at other ways to be able to afford things we need and want.

Yes this may cause a little more traffic on rt 27 but come on people you live in NEW JERSEY!! Every where you go we have traffic!!

I would rather pay a little more and know the workers are getting a decent wage. I would also love to find stores that encourage things to be made in America. I don't believe Wal-mart does this.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:59 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,000,975 times
Default Edison walmart

Where is the new Walmart of Edison located? NYC does not allow Walmart to build stores, so we do not have any. The one they were going to put on Staten Island, NY was k'od, so I go to the one in Woodbridge, NJ, but would like to go to a Supercenter. Thank you,

Old 11-19-2008, 02:40 PM

7 posts, read 29,987 times
^^It's on Rt. 27. From SI take the Outerbridge and go straight on 440 to Rt. 287 and get off at the exit after Metuchen (exit #4?)and it's right there.

I went to Costco this past Saturday just to pick up a cake and I was horrified at how crowded the parking lot was now that Walmart is open. They needed traffic guards there with all the congestion!!
I will avoid weekends there at all costs unless I can go the minute the stores open.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:41 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,760,787 times
is exit 2b off 287North if your comming via the outerbridge. If your comming 287South you take exit 3, turn left, make a right onto Bridge street then another right onto 27.

MAP - The image hasnt been updated yet. The link shows Cosco but Walmar now shares the parking lot with Cosco so the directions would be the same regardless.

I went their this past weekend. The BIG issue I found and will keep me from ever going there again is that there is only ONE exit. It is onto a 2 lane residential street (Vineyard road). It took longer to get out of the parking lot than it did to buy the 2 pillows I went there to get and wander around the store for 30 min. It was horrible. They need (A) another exit into 27 and (B) a traffic light at the existing exit. It was a horrible spot to put a high traffic store like Walmart.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,465,053 times
Good Lord shopping in a Walmart is probably one of the 7 circles of hell that Dante referred to. I can't believe people actually DESIRE to go there. Everyone I know goes out of their way to AVOID these places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey