Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:18 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,480,233 times

Advertisements

Jersey people be loco lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
id be carrying a gun if i were you

Old 10-22-2014, 11:38 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,293,575 times
Unless I missed it, have you spoken to the landlord about this guy? It seems that the landlord would have a vested interest in handling this because if you move out (which I think you should) wouldn't they have to disclose there is a problem with this guy? I mean, I'd be very upset and might sue a landlord who knowingly allowed me to rent right next to a guy who might be dangerous and is a known problem. If the property manager won't do anything, try to find the owner(s). Look in bbb.org and see if the owners are listed there. Contact them directly and send them a registered letter about the situation and what you want them to do about it. Seriously, there must be some kind of required behavior there to remain a tenant. He should be kicked out.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:03 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,250,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanagloriana View Post
I am a 31 y.o female that lives in an upstairs apartment and my 66 y.o. emotionally unstable neighbor lives downstairs. For months he has been ringing my doorbell and hiding in his apartment. Banging on my ceiling after I fall asleep (I work a 12hr shift 7pm -730am) which has me jolting out of my bed.
The noises I have learned to ignore. I take sleeping pills and I sleep almost soundly but this seem to have put a fire under him. He has now upgraded to putting drops of a clear substance on my car (mostly on my windshield).
One morning around 5am I was sitting on my couch trying to finish a paper for school and I heard his apartment door open. I dont know what made me get up to look at what he was up to but even under the parking lot lights I could see that he was leaning over my car to put something on it. I yelled out "stop putting stuff on my car" and he smiled and said he was doing nothing. Later on that day I heard him pulling up and I stood on my balcony and made sure he knew I was watching him. He comes out from his truck and pulls out a huge hunting knife "***** i'm going to slit your throat". I immediately called the police. They came I filed a complaint and they didn't arrest him. I have no clue why. The police said that he showed him the knife. How come he wasn't arrested? The police said that I will get notice in the mail for a court date and the two of us will stand before the judge.

This was 2 days ago. In the mean time he is STILL putting the clear substance on my car. Its hard to take a picture of it unless its in the morning when there is precipitation on my window then you can see it clear as day.

What do I do?
MOVE. Don't ask questions, don't delay. GET OUT OF THERE.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:12 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,195,149 times
Could the substance he's putting on your windshield be clear nail polish or crazy glue?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:23 PM

54 posts, read 73,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Getting to know your neighbors is a good idea, with normal people. But someone like this has a serious problem and even if she had gotten to know him from the start, it wouldn't have changed anything. I don't believe she has done anything wrong or anything to warrant his behavior towards him.
I meant get to know the other people so they can tell you how they deal with it or maybe someone can help her get evidence. Obviously you never want to interact with nutjobs...

Old 10-23-2014, 03:49 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,794,200 times
Carry mace on your keychain! File a restraining order. File a complaint with your landlord. Document. Videotape...AND MOVE. DO ALL OF THESE WITH NO DELAY!

I'd be careful about the sleeping pills...if you are sleeping so deeply, are you going to know if he somehow gets IN your apartment?

Old 10-23-2014, 06:53 PM

749 posts, read 921,870 times
GET OUT, ASAP......you cannot reason with a Senior, who is also mentally unstable. Mentally unstable people have a tendency to zero in on a person they can hate........and then they become utterly violent and dangerous.....

If I were you, I will not go to court, and move out...........

Old 10-23-2014, 08:13 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
id be carrying a gun if i were you
to the reputation comment I got; you can carry. have you ever been randomly frisked by a cop? its not something id do regularly but I would if I was legitimately worried about my safety. ive told my wife she should take a gun with her if she felt unsafe.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:00 AM

29 posts, read 35,294 times
My friends suspect that its crazy glue. It comes off after a while but under the street lights my winshield looks "glittery".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey