Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:01 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,192,327 times

Advertisements

The evil look was because he blames you for being in court. If the judge did not dismiss the case, they are taking it seriously and I doubt all of his Boy Scout antics are going to fool anyone. I would guess that if this is his first offense, although he could be looking at up to 30 days in jail, they'll put him on some sort of probation. If this is a second or multiple time, they might put him in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 08:13 AM

19,138 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
I doubt all of his Boy Scout antics are going to fool anyone.
I would guess that if this is his first offense, although he could be looking at up to 30 days in jail, they'll put him on some sort of probation. If this is a second or multiple time, they might put him in jail.
Actually, sociopaths are often very good at concealing their true nature--when they want to.

If this is the first time that her neighbor has been charged with this type of offense, it is up to the OP to convince the court--by a preponderance of the evidence--that this guy is doing what she claims. I don't doubt her, but unless she has video or still photos, or the testimony of witnesses to prove her claims, this case might go...nowhere.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:01 PM

54 posts, read 73,040 times
I'd have to agree with what eastcoastguyz has said.

But as to getting proof: I recently bought the FOSCAM 9821 for $80 and am using it to monitor our parking lot for thieves. It works really well but the nightvision mode has red IR lights that are very visible and obvious. Also, nightvision won't work if you place the camera behind glass. You need a good location to mount it where he can't see and it's not waterproof. However, it is wireless (needs an AC source) and can activate on motion detection. Again, if he sees it he can easily put tape over it and do whatever he pleases. If you really want to be sneaky you can get a fake camera (one with a blinking LED) and have a real camera watching that one, as well as your car. You can even have the camera's feed hook up to your smartphone/computer. However, setting up the cameras require tech saviness. If you have a friend/family member who is able to do this maybe you'll get the evidence you need.

In the end this man is not worth your time. Either move or get him evicted. It sucks that you have to worry about your safety or even waste your time being rattled up. Any money you can spend empowering yourself (guns, mace, cameras) can be better spent moving. Most of all, you want to get to know your neighbors so that this doesn't happen again. Maybe there is a guy like me in your complex who has a spare webcam he can use to record this stuff. My complex has a nextdoor.com community where we discuss everything from crime to stuff for sale. Maybe yours has one too.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:55 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,290,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furinax View Post
I'd have to agree with what eastcoastguyz has said.

But as to getting proof: I recently bought the FOSCAM 9821 for $80 and am using it to monitor our parking lot for thieves. It works really well but the nightvision mode has red IR lights that are very visible and obvious. Also, nightvision won't work if you place the camera behind glass. You need a good location to mount it where he can't see and it's not waterproof. However, it is wireless (needs an AC source) and can activate on motion detection. Again, if he sees it he can easily put tape over it and do whatever he pleases. If you really want to be sneaky you can get a fake camera (one with a blinking LED) and have a real camera watching that one, as well as your car. You can even have the camera's feed hook up to your smartphone/computer. However, setting up the cameras require tech saviness. If you have a friend/family member who is able to do this maybe you'll get the evidence you need.

In the end this man is not worth your time. Either move or get him evicted. It sucks that you have to worry about your safety or even waste your time being rattled up. Any money you can spend empowering yourself (guns, mace, cameras) can be better spent moving. Most of all, you want to get to know your neighbors so that this doesn't happen again. Maybe there is a guy like me in your complex who has a spare webcam he can use to record this stuff. My complex has a nextdoor.com community where we discuss everything from crime to stuff for sale. Maybe yours has one too.
Getting to know your neighbors is a good idea, with normal people. But someone like this has a serious problem and even if she had gotten to know him from the start, it wouldn't have changed anything. I don't believe she has done anything wrong or anything to warrant his behavior towards him.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:27 PM

477 posts, read 801,246 times
I think he's shooting himself in the foot. He's showing he's aware (not mentally unstable/has a condition due to age). I think the OP will have an easier time proving he was of sound mind/willing harassing her.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 PM

29 posts, read 35,270 times
I went to the mechanic and autoglass (safelite) so they can see whats on my window. 1st safelite guy was baffled by what it was. I asked if he thought it was sap and hes said no way in hell. I asked if he could put that on paper he said to come back and show his boss because he does not know what he is allowed to do in such matters. Came back no boss 2nd safelite guy took it in the back and wiped it off with "something better than windex". My windshield looked clean....and then it rained. I cant describe it i would only be able to show in pictures (ill try to post it later)
I went to a mechanic in Cherry Hill. She said its tree sap and told me "maybe its in your mind". So i live in the twighlight zone. Literally.

I got the camera in my car but it runs when it wants.

I'll post the pics if you think its sap say so if not say that too.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanagloriana View Post
I went to the mechanic and autoglass (safelite) so they can see whats on my window. 1st safelite guy was baffled by what it was. I asked if he thought it was sap and hes said no way in hell. I asked if he could put that on paper he said to come back and show his boss because he does not know what he is allowed to do in such matters. Came back no boss 2nd safelite guy took it in the back and wiped it off with "something better than windex". My windshield looked clean....and then it rained. I cant describe it i would only be able to show in pictures (ill try to post it later)
I went to a mechanic in Cherry Hill. She said its tree sap and told me "maybe its in your mind". So i live in the twighlight zone. Literally.

I got the camera in my car but it runs when it wants.

I'll post the pics if you think its sap say so if not say that too.
It could be that whatever was on there has washed off by now too. It could be that you are hyper sensitive to the situation, which would be understandable. Meanwhile, if you are able to, park your car out the area from where he usually finds it. It also might be since the notice of the court appearance he's stopped pouring on there whatever it was.

Tree sap...hmm...I'm trying to think what people might have in their homes which could easily be something like that. Maple syrup perhaps? Or honey? I don't know if either of those would be hard to clean off auto-glass or not.

Regardless of the outcome in court, can you get a restraining order on him?

Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 AM

29 posts, read 35,270 times
Photos of my car windshield in the album.

Last edited by vanagloriana; 10-22-2014 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
i told you that the guy is putting date rape drug on your car. you should leave a camera on your car overnight to see if he stops by to finish the deed.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i told you that the guy is putting date rape drug on your car. you should leave a camera on your car overnight to see if he stops by to finish the deed.
If you really wanted to, you could contact a testing lab and ask for a kit and/or instructions on how to get a sample of what is there so they could test it.

As I have said before, just get the hell out of there and move. The whole thing is too creepy to stay around there. Too often nut cases like him can pull their act together when they go to court because this is how they have survived in life. They know they are doing something wrong, but they justify it in their twisted minds like they are jealous of you or whatever. It doesn't have to be rationale to normal people for them to feel justified in what they do. I'm having a hard time seeing how you are going to be victorious here even if he is convicted. What happens when he is gets out of jail? Do you really think he would leave you alone and turn into a good neighbor? I highly doubt it. People like this blame everyone else for the problems they alone create. If this were a simple case of him playing his radio too loud, then finally he would come to learn he just can't do that because the consequences are simply too inconvenient. Even if he does nothing else afterwards, how are you going to feel seeing him around there and allowing him to give you creepy stares is the question. He could be much more dangerous than he has been so far and it just isn't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey