Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 05:36 PM

283 posts, read 667,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Have you noticed that the snow-plowing contractor employed by Franklin Township last week had also damaged driveway ramp besides doing snow removal? The contractor scrapped the ground (of Summerfields roads) so close to the curb that builder provided-ramps (about 3" high x 12" wide asphalt ramp connecting driveway end with the road) got uprooted or damaged. About half of all the residents have ramps totally destroyed or damaged. My ramp was also damaged on the last day of snow-clearing.

I have written a letter to Franklin Township and waiting for their reply, although not too hopeful. I do not know whether builder built the ramps of such inferior quality or the snow-plowing contractor was reckless. Without ramps, the car jerks or makes slight thud sound while leaving driveway.
Today I received phone call from Franklin Township (they are very prompt in reply) that snow-plowing within complex was done by the builder. May be we can discuss this in next HOA meeting. Half the homes have broken ramp near driveway. The contractor I saw was having red plowing truck with "Rosenthal & Co" written on it. He was hired by builder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 05:56 PM

10 posts, read 16,408 times
Quote:
Zenglobal/Snowpail:

I agree. I have only received quarterly HOA dues bills and violation notices. With breakdown in communication, suspicion and mistrust arise, resulting in spoiled relations. We need more communication from HOA. .....
have very active website providing a range of information and also a monthly newsletter:

Canal Walk Homeowners Association

Zenglobal, snowpail, Yogesh, excellent points, and exactly why I am getting involved!

Association Advisors is NOT the HOA. It just executes what HOA plans! We really do not have a functional HOA right now. Cannot blame the manager for everything.

Summerfields residents have to take over the ownership of the HOA. One day, the builder is going to leave the HOA in any case. Do we want to wait till then?

Yogesh, Canal Walk is a good model, but will Summerfields residents be willing to form committees and get involved? I certainly hope so!

I can only look forward, zenglobal, to your question, and work to create a system that does better.

Cheers all. I am optimistic by nature, and and do believe that among the 150 plus community members, we can find enough common sense to run our own community.

Shirish

Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 PM

To sawdustmaker and others wishing me luck, thank you!!!

To everybody, spring is here, we can do this HOA thing, relax and chill!

Let's keep it simple and straightforward, we will be fine.

Cheers.
Shirish

Old 03-27-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Today I received phone call from Franklin Township (they are very prompt in reply) that snow-plowing within complex was done by the builder. May be we can discuss this in next HOA meeting. Half the homes have broken ramp near driveway. The contractor I saw was having red plowing truck with "Rosenthal & Co" written on it. He was hired by builder.

Yogesh, it was a challenge with the ploughing in the townhomes too!

I had to speak to the Canal Walk community manager, Tom, several times. He helped as much as he could.

We had a situation where the cleaning crew was clearing vacant townhome driveways while the ones we have just occupied were not.

I spoke to the crew two times, telling them which townhomes on Clifford Circle are now occupied( seven homes now occupied on either corner). They would just say that they are only cleaning where they are told.

So we had the laughable scenario where vacant townhome driveways were cleared in time for non existent people to leave for work, and we were either cleaning out ourselves, or slipping and sliding out!

For sure, this and other maintenance contracts should be reviewed by the board- for efficiency, cost and value of service.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrover View Post
Yogesh, it was a challenge with the ploughing in the townhomes too!

I had to speak to the Canal Walk community manager, Tom, several times. He helped as much as he could.

We had a situation where the cleaning crew was clearing vacant townhome driveways while the ones we have just occupied were not.

I spoke to the crew two times, telling them which townhomes on Clifford Circle are now occupied( seven homes now occupied on either corner). They would just say that they are only cleaning where they are told.

So we had the laughable scenario where vacant townhome driveways were cleared in time for non existent people to leave for work, and we were either cleaning out ourselves, or slipping and sliding out!

For sure, this and other maintenance contracts should be reviewed by the board- for efficiency, cost and value of service.
Shirish:

Thanks for getting work done.

Andy Tendler is Canal Walk community manager and member of HOA from builder's side. He is also Chairman of our Summerfields HOA board. A very nice person who handles board meeting well.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:51 AM

40 posts, read 67,579 times
Did anyone attended HOA meeting last Tuesday? Any update?

Old 04-10-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mount everest View Post
Did anyone attended HOA meeting last Tuesday? Any update?
Mount Everest:

I could not attend the HOA meeting on Tuesday due to bad weather (the firstever meeting missed by me), but have learnt that Vishnu Rao and Shirish Grover have been elected as board members for a 2-year term.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:44 PM

Default New to the HOA Board

Quote:
Mount Everest:

I could not attend the HOA meeting on Tuesday due to bad weather (the firstever meeting missed by me), but have learnt that Vishnu Rao and Shirish Grover have been elected as board members for a 2-year term.
Hello all residents and friends on this community board,

As Yogesh indicated, Vishnu and I are now on the HOA board! Unfortunately, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul's respective announcements and Hillary Clinton's forthcoming announcement she is running for President is going to keep our election out of the headlines

I thank all residents who voted(whether for me or not) for their interest and involvement.

To Vishnu(fellow resident), Andy(representing the builder), Larry(representing the HOA manager, Association Advisors), and Nicole( who assists with the HOA management for Association Advisors), look forward to working with you all to improve our community experience.

To Juna and Robert, who cared enough to stand for a position on the HOA board, there is MUCH to be done for the homeowners, new and existing, in single family homes and townhomes, and we will need your help to accomplish what we have to.

Always at the service of ALL community members.

Shirish

Old 04-13-2015, 07:42 PM

15 posts, read 24,799 times
Unhappy Walkthrough

Hi All,

Have any of you had "bad" paint job. Some items include paint drop, wall not properly sanded, and light paint applied. What was the solution? Did the builder address those issues? We recently had a walkthrough and Pete was kind of rude stating these "minor" issues are common and they will not repaint the whole house (which is not the case). Any ideas on steps I can/should take?

Thanks.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:05 AM

31 posts, read 56,670 times
Default Re: HOA Meeting Q1 2015

Thanks for the update. Were any other topics discussed at the HOA meeting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrover View Post
Hello all residents and friends on this community board,

As Yogesh indicated, Vishnu and I are now on the HOA board! Unfortunately, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul's respective announcements and Hillary Clinton's forthcoming announcement she is running for President is going to keep our election out of the headlines

I thank all residents who voted(whether for me or not) for their interest and involvement.

To Vishnu(fellow resident), Andy(representing the builder), Larry(representing the HOA manager, Association Advisors), and Nicole( who assists with the HOA management for Association Advisors), look forward to working with you all to improve our community experience.

To Juna and Robert, who cared enough to stand for a position on the HOA board, there is MUCH to be done for the homeowners, new and existing, in single family homes and townhomes, and we will need your help to accomplish what we have to.

Always at the service of ALL community members.

Shirish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey