Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 09:17 AM

90 posts, read 153,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm123 View Post
We have only one type of fence approved by municipality/township. Can HOA work with township and get permission for more private fence? Can new board members who got elected recently help?

Thank you.
I don't think the municipality/township has anything to do with the single fence approval. I believe it has more to do with the HOA who decided that we should only put up one type of fence. I am interested in getting a white vinyl fence that actually allows for some privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,454,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest052511 View Post
Has anyone purchased (or is considering purchasing) a new home in the new development called Summerfields in Somerset, NJ? My husband and I are considering the area but would like to hear from anyone who has either heard of the development, went to the sales office, or even have already purchased a home. Or if you just know the area, that would help too!! They're selling homes in Phase 2 now, with Phase 1 homes to be built soon. THANKS!
are property taxes extra high if new construction as opposed to same size older home

Old 06-02-2015, 10:10 AM

31 posts, read 56,636 times
Completely agree! The restriction on the fence to only allow for black see-through fence is a little ridiculous. For $5k, the fence does not allow for any privacy.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:04 PM

283 posts, read 667,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm123 View Post
We have only one type of fence approved by municipality/township. Can HOA work with township and get permission for more private fence? Can new board members who got elected recently help?

Thank you.
gbm123/snowpail/FirstTimeBuyerNJ:

May be we can put the proposal in next HOA meeting and see what the board has to say. It is only the rule of HOA and not that of municipality. White vinyl fence looks more elegant, offers privacy and in some neighborhood, it is the most widely recommended.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:56 PM

13 posts, read 20,134 times
imagine if all houses put vinyl fencing...our community backyard will look like a backyard of town homes. I would actually prefer no fencing at all.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:47 PM

20 posts, read 27,432 times
Default Fence Debate

At least give us an option of a few types of fences allowed. The current style does not prevent someone from coming in contact with my dog. I have the sweetest, exceedingly well trained and well mannered dog in the world and he is never unsupervised, but accidents do happen. People are "sue happy" and in general just suck so, I don't want anyone having the opportunity to stick their hand through the fence and claim he injured them, it's too much of a liability. I'm all for the vinyl privacy fence.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:32 AM

90 posts, read 153,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerNJ View Post
imagine if all houses put vinyl fencing...our community backyard will look like a backyard of town homes. I would actually prefer no fencing at all.
sorry but you are incorrect. townshomes don't have fences that enclose their entire yards, only vinyl dividers between each attached home/backyard.

and nobody cares that you prefer no fencing at all.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:11 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,398,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerNJ View Post

Nothing more tacky then every backyard fenced in so you can hide from your neighbors.

Go to upscale neighborhoods and you will see few fenced in back yards.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:21 AM

180 posts, read 345,168 times
Actually in upscale neighborhoods you will see lots of tastefully done/styled Walpole fencing that blends with the landscaping, is neighbor friendly and yet keeps children and pets safely in the yard.............

Old 06-05-2015, 08:42 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,398,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Person View Post
Actually in upscale neighborhoods you will see lots of tastefully done/styled Walpole fencing that blends with the landscaping, is neighbor friendly and yet keeps children and pets safely in the yard.............
I guess we have a different opinion on up scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey