Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 01:03 PM

22 posts, read 45,974 times

Advertisements

when are the driveway ends going to be fixed?

when is the community center coming up?(i thought this was going to be up summer 2015?)

when are the roads in our community going to be re-done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 AM

29 posts, read 46,461 times
I was told that for now they will lay down asphalt on the driveway ramp as a temporary solution. No timeline given about this. Looks like the builder wants to wait until more homes are constructed until they level these ramps. I see homes that were occupied middle of last year still dont have their ramps leveled. Little frustrating to say the least.

However, at a later point of time, the roads will be re-done. Not sure when this would happen either.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:40 PM

20 posts, read 27,449 times
Default Question

Hello,

Soon to be new Summerfields resident here, couple of questions:

1. Is it just us or has anyone else found it extremely difficult to get a straight answer out of the builder when it comes to timelines and dates? We (and our mortgage co) have found them to be evasive and unwilling to give us any straight answers.

2. Has anyone else had a problem with their mortgage co not approving their final inspection because the back deck was not completed due to weather and had it deemed a "safety issue" even though barriers have been put in place to prevent anyone from trying to go out the back door?

We've bought and sold houses before and never ran into anything quite like this.

Thanks

Old 04-18-2015, 02:18 PM

283 posts, read 667,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro208 View Post
I was told that for now they will lay down asphalt on the driveway ramp as a temporary solution. No timeline given about this. Looks like the builder wants to wait until more homes are constructed until they level these ramps. I see homes that were occupied middle of last year still dont have their ramps leveled. Little frustrating to say the least.

However, at a later point of time, the roads will be re-done. Not sure when this would happen either.
Burgandyron/ro208:

Today they took away all remaining debris of broken driveway ramp (lumps of asphalt, stones, etc.) and swept the are clean.

Earlier, the builder indicated that after all the construction is done, the road will be repaved. The road currently belongs to the builder. I do not know if builder or the township will resurface the road.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:40 PM

One of our neighbors called up office about broken drive ramp and was informed that they are waiting for the insurance claim money and will start repairing ramp after that.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:47 AM

21 posts, read 32,800 times
Did anyone notice that the houses in Phase II have longer driveways? I've seen 4 cars parked in some driveways in new phase. Just an observation.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopin' View Post
Did anyone notice that the houses in Phase II have longer driveways? I've seen 4 cars parked in some driveways in new phase. Just an observation.
Hopin:

Yes, that is true. I have known some people who have recently moved in phase II development. They do have plots of about 10,000 sq ft (compared to standard 6,600 sq ft) and long driveway. But they have to pay premium for that. There are also homes situated on a cul-de-sac (round circle) end! It costs substantially extra.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:29 PM

21 posts, read 32,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Hopin:

Yes, that is true. I have known some people who have recently moved in phase II development. They do have plots of about 10,000 sq ft (compared to standard 6,600 sq ft) and long driveway. But they have to pay premium for that. There are also homes situated on a cul-de-sac (round circle) end! It costs substantially extra.

Thanks for clarification

Old 04-27-2015, 05:01 PM

9 posts, read 12,236 times
Regarding HOA - Is there a reason why there is one HOA management for Single Family Homes and Town houses. I understand we have to deal with it till it's under Builder control. In future shouldn't SFH and TH's have their own HOA ? since cost and maintainence is not the same and there may be something else that is not common...

Old 04-28-2015, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkahc View Post
Regarding HOA - Is there a reason why there is one HOA management for Single Family Homes and Town houses. I understand we have to deal with it till it's under Builder control. In future shouldn't SFH and TH's have their own HOA ? since cost and maintainence is not the same and there may be something else that is not common...
Sarkahc:

The HOA will be common for town homes and single family homes.

Home Owners Association takes care of maintenance of common properties such as roads, retention ponds, drainage, children playground, entrance,etc. Since these facilities are common for both TH and SFH, HOA is also common. The monthly maintenance fee is adjusted proportionately, with current $34/month for SFH and $78/month for TH. This is to take care of lawn mowing and snow removal work for TH.

First phase of the Summerfields development has 150 single family homes. 2nd phase has 50 single family homes and 100 town homes. There is no way to separate the area among them. Rental apartments are located separately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey