Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 PM

16 posts, read 28,811 times

Advertisements

Thanks FirstTimeBuyerNJ, what you described is exactly what I try to avoid. Risking to pay 1/8 or even 1/4 point higher is still better than cutting through the locking period, which can be very stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 PM

16 posts, read 28,811 times
Thanks, Grandslam21. I am not sure if I can wait that long since the rate are likely to be much higher. But I thought builder notifies their attorney who in turn notifies the buyer's attorney on closing date about 4 weeks in advance, and the locking of the house occurs earlier - about 6 weeks in advance when the cabinet is installed. My lender did mention accommodating up to 10 days passing the lock-in period, but everything about completion is so up in the air...

Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 PM

62 posts, read 147,061 times
One thing is true - no matter how much you prepare in advance everything happens last min....so good luck.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 AM

90 posts, read 152,984 times
Can anyone recommend a lawn cutting/care service? We've received several flyers but don't really know what to go with. Can someone provide additional details like pricing, what's included, frequency of cutting, etc?

Also, in regards to the built in sprinkler system that was included with the home, Do we need to contact anyone or do anything to activate the system or can I just do everything myself in the garage? What time of year do we need to start using the sprinklers? I haven't really seen many people using them yet.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
I can recommend Picture Perfect Landscaping, which is located in Somerset, and has many satisfied customers in my neighborhood.
The owner, Andy, is a gentleman, and his employees do a very good job.

Picture Perfect Landscaping in Somerset, NJ 08873 - NJ.com

Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM

90 posts, read 152,984 times
Does anyone know if we need to contact Regulated Rain Irrigation to get the sprinkler system activated for the spring summer? Or is the system already on and all I need to do is turn it on by the panel or in the garage?

I have a patch of new sod that I need to water before it dies.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpail View Post
Does anyone know if we need to contact Regulated Rain Irrigation to get the sprinkler system activated for the spring summer? Or is the system already on and all I need to do is turn it on by the panel or in the garage?

I have a patch of new sod that I need to water before it dies.
The key question is...When was the irrigation system installed?
If it was installed during a period of freezing weather, then there is no water in the system, and the irrigation company will have to come to activate it.

And, I hope you do know that you will have an extra cost each year in the autumn, when you will need to have the irrigation people blow out the system with compressed air, in order to evacuate all moisture from the piping, lest you wind up with burst lines during the winter.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 PM

21 posts, read 32,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandslam21 View Post
I dont think its required but if it gives peace to your mind, sure do it. We only did radon inspection..thinking of doing it before 11th month.

btw what you guys think of Master bedroom - its much colder than other bedrooms. even though they got insulation above garage i dont think its enough.
Yes, our master bedroom is much colder too... I paid extra to have my garage insulated, but still feels lot colder. I almost think that they didn't insulate it properly or at all.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM

62 posts, read 147,061 times
yeah something is off in MBR... i even tired closing vents in 2 rooms, laundry, bath.. and still wont make any difference. other bedrooms still are okay.. bizzare...

anyone can recommend a handy man.. like paint job, garage door installations etc?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 AM

300 posts, read 914,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandslam21 View Post
yeah something is off in MBR... i even tired closing vents in 2 rooms, laundry, bath.. and still wont make any difference. other bedrooms still are okay.. bizzare...

anyone can recommend a handy man.. like paint job, garage door installations etc?
it is possible HVAC is located in opposite side of master bdrm and the room is not getting enough forced air. I have similar problem with other bedrooms (not at this community) and thinking of using magnetic vent covers that sticks to the vent in the rooms that are not used. But then on the web I read it is not advisable as it hinders the HVAC plan and air distribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey