Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 08:18 PM

256 posts, read 483,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
That's right! I saw they opened yesterday. Did you try it yet?

My kids went to the new Krispy Kreme and gave it their seal of approval. It has the donut machine visible, which was a big hit to watch them being made.
Not knowing anything about Krispy Kreme (other then someone suggesting I go there), I remember the first time I saw that machine giving the donuts a glaze bath. I was drawn to it like a moth to a bug zapper. I went to order a few donuts and the employee asked if I wanted them HOT. I was a bit confused, but said sure (it was totally foreign to me to eat them that way).

She snagged one from the glaze bath and handed it to me all hot and gooey. Whoa MIND=BLOWN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 07:01 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
Not knowing anything about Krispy Kreme (other then someone suggesting I go there), I remember the first time I saw that machine giving the donuts a glaze bath. I was drawn to it like a moth to a bug zapper. I went to order a few donuts and the employee asked if I wanted them HOT. I was a bit confused, but said sure (it was totally foreign to me to eat them that way).

She snagged one from the glaze bath and handed it to me all hot and gooey. Whoa MIND=BLOWN!
That's how they start you off to get you hooked.

Reminds me of that Chris Rock standup bit about Krispy Kreme..."If I told you they put crack in it, you wouldn't be surprised."

Old 10-01-2014, 08:36 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,284,393 times
Went to The Egg & I yesterday. The food was good but not cheap. When you open the menu for breakfast & lunch, $8.50, $8.99, $9+ pops right out at you. I don't know if I'll be going back any time soon with those prices.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:24 AM

362 posts, read 646,412 times
Me and 46Barb were there the other day. Nice and clean but of course it's new. A little pricey. It was $12.05 (without tip) for a sandwich and sweet tea, not bad but if I had to compare to another local place I would select the Chocolate Covered Strawberry.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:28 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
They won't compete for Cracker Barrel for the early morning breakfast. I drove by there this morning around 6:30 and they didn't seem to be open. I guess they open at 7?

Old 10-04-2014, 08:31 PM

99 posts, read 230,332 times
I loved Egg and I. What I love about it is the variety is great. The coffee is good. It's a place you can actually stay in Hendersonville on Saturday and eat brunch without the need to drive to Nashville. Before it opened, nothing compared in Hendersonville. We had family in town this weekend and for the first time, we stayed and ate in town instead of driving to Nashville. It's not cheap, but the quality is good. Quite honestly, I think we needed a more expensive breakfast place. I'm sick of needing to travel 45 minutes in order to spend my money. I'm ready to start spending it in my hometown. I hope we get another 5-10 places like it over the next few years to keep the middle class in Hendersonville.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:35 AM

145 posts, read 204,279 times
i don't mind paying extra for good food and a great dining experience
now we just need a pfunky griddle here...

Old 10-10-2014, 08:19 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,994,656 times
Hendersonville needs a new Nana Rosa..true Italian..big-time. I just moved to the Northeast and forgot just how special authentic Italian food is. Not chain Italian.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 PM

99 posts, read 230,332 times
Just read NY pie is opening in Hendersonville in IL next month. If you have never experienced this, you are in for a treat!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:17 AM

369 posts, read 943,380 times
what's the opening date for culver's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville