Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM

99 posts, read 230,332 times

Advertisements

It's disheartening that so many people in Hendersonville think Cheddars,Chilis, o'Charlies, ect is good. I saw someone on the Hip Hendersonville page petition for a Golden Corral. I don't understand. We came here from up North where local restaurants were pretty much the norm and cheap chains could not stay in business. I don't get some of Hendersonville residents taste. It's not like this is a low income area. We should be able to support good quality local restaurants and higher end chains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 07:59 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Passeaux View Post
I heard from someone Ghenghis Grill is closed in Glenbrook. Is that true? I liked the place.
I sure hope not. I was in there about 3 weeks ago for a Saturday lunch and they were moderately busy. I really like that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1coltsfan View Post
It's disheartening that so many people in Hendersonville think Cheddars,Chilis, o'Charlies, ect is good. I saw someone on the Hip Hendersonville page petition for a Golden Corral. I don't understand. We came here from up North where local restaurants were pretty much the norm and cheap chains could not stay in business. I don't get some of Hendersonville residents taste. It's not like this is a low income area. We should be able to support good quality local restaurants and higher end chains.
Agreed. When I hear someone suggest Cheddars it is like nails on a chalkboard for me. I've never quite followed the logic of how these chains have dominated Hville's food scene. I understand the mass appeal ("you know what you're going to get", etc) but you would think there's enough of an appetite for non chains as well. I think people are just pre-wired to eat at the trough of chains and there's either an unwillingness of fear of trying new things, perhaps? I think of Italian Grill and Cafe that used to be on New Shackle. We always loved the place and they had a fairly long tenure, but when Carrabba's went in it pretty much ended them.

But then again you have places like Knead Dough Pizzeria which was locally owned and very popular, but forced out due to a rent hike. So, part of it is creating an environment where locally owned places can thrive both due to local support and afford to pay the rent in an increasingly popular area.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM

4 posts, read 5,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviedale View Post
Hello there! I am the owner of Sopapillas. I know there is a bunch of rumors about The Streets of Indian Lakes and Sopapillas. I also know that your post was a while back but Sopapillas is not closing. There have been several closing in the streets but we believe things can turn around in this beautiful shopping center. I believe the center is good for Hendersonville and Hendersonville is good for the center. Also Chuys is not coming into MiMi's or the Streets of Indian Lake. I have personally gotten confirmation from Chuy's and the landlord of The Streets. Lets continue to support the local mexican food restaurants and all local restaurants in the Hendersonville. There are so many great local places here.
We like the food at Soappillas, although a little pricey. That being said, the drinks are waaay overpriced for what you get. $8.00 for a 8oz. margarita? NOPE! I know you don't want to be like the other mexican restaurants but 2 for 1 and larger glasses brings in the customers. JMO

Old 08-11-2014, 09:11 AM

4 posts, read 5,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviedale View Post
Hello there! I am the owner of Sopapillas. I know there is a bunch of rumors about The Streets of Indian Lakes and Sopapillas. I also know that your post was a while back but Sopapillas is not closing. There have been several closing in the streets but we believe things can turn around in this beautiful shopping center. I believe the center is good for Hendersonville and Hendersonville is good for the center. Also Chuys is not coming into MiMi's or the Streets of Indian Lake. I have personally gotten confirmation from Chuy's and the landlord of The Streets. Lets continue to support the local mexican food restaurants and all local restaurants in the Hendersonville. There are so many great local places here.
And the coupon in the clipper is the dumbest one i've seen. $10.00 off dinner for 2 after spending $50.00 not including drinks? How is that possible?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:52 PM

722 posts, read 2,102,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1coltsfan View Post
I grew up in the North as well. I wouldn't say I prefer a Cheddars to a single location restaurant but we have to go with what we have. It would be nice to have more local choices but I think they really have to be on ILB to really survive. New Shackle is tough to flourish on.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Passeaux View Post
It would be nice to have more local choices but I think they really have to be on ILB to really survive. New Shackle is tough to flourish on.
Therein lies the catch 22...to succeed you need good exposure/location...which independents can't usually afford.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:32 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,737,946 times
Anyone want to give me some recommendations for great places for lunch in Hendersonville/Gallatin?
I've tried Itty Bitty, Chocolate Covered Strawberry, and gotten donuts at Nuvo. I tried to eat at Knead Dough, but it was the day they were going out of business.

I want to try the TN Juice Bar. I've been working up there occasionally and trying to visit some of the local restaurants.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:40 AM

Windy City Pizzeria (Indian Lake) does pizza by the slice for lunch. Cafe Rakka on New Shackle s a great Mediterranian restaurant. Fat Juicy Taco (near Itty Bitty) is supposed to be good but I've never tried it. If you're in Gallatin and want some BBQ, Top Hog is hard to beat (off Blythe St, which is off Red River Rd).

Old 08-12-2014, 02:36 PM

145 posts, read 204,311 times
my wife and i moved here from denver last year...we have been trying to make the best of the food scene here, but how does qdoba go out of business here?
why isn't there a chipotle?

tried lime deli and it was ok, the owner argued with my wife about why her egg salad was grilled

we have enjoyed the choc covered strawberry very much\

thanks for all who post here to help keep others informed!

Old 08-12-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfuels View Post
my wife and i moved here from denver last year...we have been trying to make the best of the food scene here, but how does qdoba go out of business here?
why isn't there a chipotle?
Qdoba was kinda hard to get in and out of. Part of it was location, and part of it was Blue Coast being so close (which is much easier to get in/out of).

I'd love a Chipotle, certainly.

Quote:
tried lime deli and it was ok, the owner argued with my wife about why her egg salad was grilled

we have enjoyed the choc covered strawberry very much\
Some people just don't get that "the customer is always right". Even when they're not, you pretend they are until they leave.

I've not been to either of those. I know many who swear Chocolate Covered Strawberry is great. Need to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville