Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 07:20 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times

Advertisements

News about a new mega-residential development near Indian Lake called Durham Farms. 1,000 homes in the 170,000 (townhomes) - 650,000 price range. And it's also going to connect to Long Hollow Pike. That's a pretty big swath of land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM

Amen to that. If (IF) this goes through as planned, it will be a huge boom for the area. I could see it spreading up to Big Station Camp as well...the original plan years ago was for a Publix to go in near SC Middle. That made little sense when the real estate market dried up since there's one in south Gallatin and one in Hendersonville. With 1000+ new homes, and Kroger Marketplace already not-too-far-away, I wouldn't be surprised if there's not another Publix in the area.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:29 PM

362 posts, read 646,446 times
I'd like to see a Whole Foods and Traders Joe come our way (to names just a few of the many I think should come this way)

Don C, loves Publix's Bakery Department

Old 07-30-2014, 06:45 AM

I'm very spoiled to Publix all around, especially the Greenlea location in Gallatin. Top knotch service in every department.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:38 PM

256 posts, read 483,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Amen to that. If (IF) this goes through as planned, it will be a huge boom for the area.
I don't see why it won't. I really feel Sumner County is primed to explode with growth. With a soft recovery apparently underway (finally), the economy as a whole is doing better every so slowly. New home construction has been slow to get ramped back up. Existing houses that are decent seem to be turning over pretty quickly now. I spoke to a few Agents, and most seem to be pretty upbeat. I've been temped to put mine on the market to trade up, but I like the idea of it being paid off in the next decade. If I trade up, that will get extended and I'm not sure I want to do that. The idea of it being paid off is a strong argument to stay put.

Sumner was about to bloom, then the bottom fell out in 2008. I recall Target looking to build somewhere on Greenlea, but it was shelved. Indian Lake barely squeaked through, but it made it. Everything north towards Gallatin was pretty much put on hold. Now you see developers coming in, and there's more than a few business expansions or new companies moving into Gallatin.

Also, I think there is a mini retirement boom going on in and around Middle TN as well. That will also drive the higher end houses, with people from out of state bringing in profits from the sales of their homes. No state income tax is a draw for those on a fixed income I'm told.

I see the Egg and I put up a sign now too. I've been to the one in Brentwood, not bad. Always good to have more Breakfast choices. I'm kinda burned out on Cracker Barrel and IHOP.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I'm very spoiled to Publix all around, especially the Greenlea location in Gallatin. Top knotch service in every department.
I discovered Publix when I lived in Florida, and concur with your statement. I was happy when the one in Gallatin was announced.

At least they are living up to their slogan: Where Shopping is a Pleasure.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
Sumner was about to bloom, then the bottom fell out in 2008. I recall Target looking to build somewhere on Greenlea, but it was shelved. Indian Lake barely squeaked through, but it made it. Everything north towards Gallatin was pretty much put on hold. Now you see developers coming in, and there's more than a few business expansions or new companies moving into Gallatin.
I agree with us being primed to grow. Even so, a 1,000 home development in Indian Lake/Drakes Creek is a pretty major undertaking. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get a little watered down at some point but if it is, it'll still be a major development.

I'm also looking forward to Egg and I. What did you think of it? I've never been to the one in Brentwood, but like you said, I'm all for more choices.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I agree with us being primed to grow. Even so, a 1,000 home development in Indian Lake/Drakes Creek is a pretty major undertaking. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get a little watered down at some point but if it is, it'll still be a major development.

I'm also looking forward to Egg and I. What did you think of it? I've never been to the one in Brentwood, but like you said, I'm all for more choices.
While I did like the Egg and I, I'd rate it a 7 out of 10. The meal selections are interesting enough for me to try a few of them with will take a couple of visits. I had the Corn Beef Hash w/eggs and the wife had Eggs Benedict.

Service, presentation and value were all there, but both of our meals seem a little bland to the taste.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
Service, presentation and value were all there, but both of our meals seem a little bland to the taste.
So, ask for a bottle of Tabasco?

Old 08-01-2014, 02:32 PM

145 posts, read 204,311 times
Eggcited for Egg and I...their website says they are coming! We had one in Parker, CO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville