Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 11:55 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times

Advertisements

We finally watched the Hobbit and we liked it! Too bad we have to wait til next year to see the next installment.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:01 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,141 times
Where The Boys Are- Im off to Florida next month so it was fun to watch

Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,393 times
Dr. Goldfoot and his Bikini Machine. It was actually a pretty good movie.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:06 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,346,845 times
Sat through half of The Call before we called it a day. Between the girl in trouble screaming hysterically every 15-min for 5-min at a time (oh, my pounding head) & extreme closeups of Halle Berry in a silly 70s disco wig with the same horrified expression scene to scene (she's the worst 911 operator in history... thought she was gonna have a nervous breakdown 15-times throughout this piece of drama), I began riffling through my purse to hopefully find an empty bottle to toss at the screen.

Neither of us are huge Berry fans, so I'll chalk our lapse in judgment of wandering into the theatre on our head colds & wanting to get out of the house for a few hours. This really wasn't well done (storyline, cinematography, not even hair/makeup/wardrobe... I'm reaching here)... it could have been presented on Lifetime TV, the all-men-are-stalkers network. When I began riffling through the SO's coat pockets for an empty bottle of Robitussin to propel at the screen, he thought it best we should leave.

0* out of 5.

Note to Self: Stock purse with empty bottles before next theatre outing.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:21 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,346,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Savages, so glad I didn't see it at a theater, I wouldn't have been happy I couldn't fiddle around with other projects while I watched. Though not great, I still wanted to see how it panned out, they should have left out the twist which added nothing to make it better.
Hi TR. I felt exactly the same about Savages & was also watching whilst immersed in chores as it didn't hold my attention. The best part of the film was Travolta, complete with shaved back hairline, swagger & an attitude to match... & big mistake, he wasn't in it enough. I like Blake Lively (1st time I've seen her), but the whole plot was just too unbelievable & you're absolutely right, the twist made me audibly groan.

So glad I didn't pay for that one.

Have a Happy Easter!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:09 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Hi TR. I felt exactly the same about Savages & was also watching whilst immersed in chores as it didn't hold my attention. The best part of the film was Travolta, complete with shaved back hairline, swagger & an attitude to match... & big mistake, he wasn't in it enough. I like Blake Lively (1st time I've seen her), but the whole plot was just too unbelievable & you're absolutely right, the twist made me audibly groan.

So glad I didn't pay for that one.

Have a Happy Easter!
Travolta was a bright spot in the movie, I'll give it that too. I was at a loss when I saw his doo what a transformation to quite the douchie looking guy, very funny.

Hope you have a great holiday.

PS, I was on the fence about that Haily Berry movie, more thinking a not, so thanks for that review. I'll consider viewing it when it comes out on video.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Warrior - really great movie!
The Dictator - I know Sacha Baron Cohen movies are not everybody's cup of tea but I do like him and it was an okay movie.
Paranorman - loved it!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:57 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
I last watched the original Star wars movie!!!! -- I love it like crazy and havent seen it for 30 years or more!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Guns, Girls and Gambling.

Total guy flick but ladies might enjoy it too. It is good, nothing awesome but had bunch of funny scenes and overall, it was entertaining. Light comedy/action. Watching the young Swedish blonde in that tight black outfit (not for the fainthearted) was the highlight of the movie:

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:39 PM..

Old 03-27-2013, 06:14 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
On The Road
Don't know exactly what I was expecting...a tour bus with hippies and Dylan tunes I think. Took place in the 40s and 50s and was more like Bella Swan has lots of sex for the first half and more aimless traveling the second with some narration that alludes to trying to find yourself...and ending up in exactly the same place in your life you were before the last time you were on that particular coast......
The cast was was amazing. What was Viggo Mortenson, Amy Adams, Elizabeth Moss, Terrence Howard - all in bit parts. Kirsten Dunst - who talked all these people into being in this movie?
I didn't hate it but I don't recommend it either. It was looong and a little boring
I will say this, for all the complaints of Kristen Stewarts face never showing any emotion, she actually wasn't bad in this.
Garrett Hedlund reminds me a lot of Heath Ledger, especially his voice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies