Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 09:05 PM

29,530 posts, read 22,749,658 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8TwHGSlws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 09:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,175,830 times
The Conjuring, Annabelle. Oh lordie.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:15 AM

21,991 posts, read 9,574,071 times
Amityville Horror
The Shining

But.....Silence of the Lambs was the last time I purposely went to one. That killed it for me. Excuse the pun.

I accidentally went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Not sure if that would be considered horror but had I known what was in it, I wouldn't have gone to see it. People say these movies are fiction but there is plenty of creepy shi$ that goes on in the real world. I don't find it entertaining at all.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:33 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,231,624 times
My good friend, Ken, got me stoned and then took me to see the Exorcist in 1972. Scared the you know what right outta me.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:35 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,431,064 times
I still freak out at the sound of “Tubular Bells”.

https://youtu.be/FN6jIvKiYOs

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 09-13-2018 at 10:44 PM..

Old 09-14-2018, 07:22 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,566,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
My good friend, Ken, got me stoned and then took me to see the Exorcist in 1972. Scared the you know what right outta me.
The book was even better, I mean scarier.

I don't like any kind of movie on spirit possessions and full disclosure here, I won't watch any movie on hauntings at night.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:23 PM

271 posts, read 140,199 times
The first Alien movie was very intense when they were searching for it in the air ducts.

I was 10 years-old and living in a 8500 sqft house with 6 Bedrooms in a forest setting in Lake Tahoe. Before I went to bed, I made my mother look in the 3 empty bedrooms before I could go to sleep.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:29 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,475,812 times
Blair Witch Project

(j/k, that movie was the stupidest, overhyped piece of **bleep**)

Watching Jaws as an eight-year-old with a backyard pool and an older brother with a hand shaped like a dorsal fin made for a scary experience.

Lately, though, I haven't watched a truly scary movie.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:03 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,611,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Amityville Horror
The Shining

But.....Silence of the Lambs was the last time I purposely went to one. That killed it for me. Excuse the pun.

I accidentally went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Not sure if that would be considered horror but had I known what was in it, I wouldn't have gone to see it. People say these movies are fiction but there is plenty of creepy shi$ that goes on in the real world. I don't find it entertaining at all.
I used to love to watch this stuff when I was younger. I saw AH many times and what I learned from that movie is when a demon says to get out, just get out. (Love GET OUT, btw)

The Shining is a classic. My friend would chase me around with his finger saying 'redrum' because I scare easily like a little girl.

Silence of the Lambs was awesome. I do not care for the other movies in that series though. SOTL was a masterpiece, the others to me were just sock value. I don't need the image of Ray Liota's brain being eaten while he's eating his own brain in my head, but it's there to stay.

I do not 'do' horror anymore. Were any of these movies to come out now, I wouldn't see them. I guess I do 'light' horror. I did enjoy GET OUT. That to me was also a dark comedy and just all around not a traditional horror movie to me at all.

If there are demons, it's a no for me. Or anything hugely horrible supernatural like the Ring, mentioned way back.

The Exorcist is something I wish I had never seen.

I was a kid when it aired on TV. My mother and brother were watching it, and I was put in my mother's room with something else on, but of course I turned the channel to it. Just from a short part of it, I had nightmares for a long time.

As a teen I picked up my cousin's copy of the book and that was dumb. Watched the entire film at one point and it's just for me, way way too much. Two thumbs down. Just never should have been made.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:05 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,903,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Blair Witch Project

(j/k, that movie was the stupidest, overhyped piece of **bleep**)

Watching Jaws as an eight-year-old with a backyard pool and an older brother with a hand shaped like a dorsal fin made for a scary experience.

Lately, though, I haven't watched a truly scary movie.
I liked Blair Witch. When it came out, which as before social media was really big, people weren't sure whether the footage they were using was real or not. The first of its kind to use the first person camera footage in film. It was also scary because it people could actually imagine themselves camping in the woods like that situation. They also never actually show the witch. They play with the environment and the characters' emotions, which made it even scarier. I can see not liking it, but I don't understand how it can be considered a stupid, overhyped piece of <bleep>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies