Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 06:27 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,253,326 times

Advertisements

Who is next to Martin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 08:58 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,035,673 times
Probably his granddaughter

Old 02-10-2020, 10:36 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,291,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Both films did very well, although Parasite was the more original story, so deserved the Best Film, and after all the cricism of the Director catergory for not being dverse enough, it went to Korean Director Bong Joon-ho.

'The Irishman' was surprisinglly the film that failed to win a single award despite having ten nominations.

The Big 2020 Oscar Winners were -
  • Parasite - 4
  • 1917 - 3
  • Ford vs Ferrari - 2
  • Joker - 2
  • Once Upon A Time in Hollywood - 2

They nailed the diversity category with Parasite the big winner. I'm not usually into foreign films but, that was a great movie.

I watched just over half of The Irishman before I shut it off. Honestly I have no interest in watching that one again. Not surprised it flopped at the Oscars. Same goes for Marriage Proposal (pure junk).

I plan to watch Judy and Two Popes.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:44 AM

27,412 posts, read 13,641,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
They nailed the diversity category with Parasite the big winner. I'm not usually into foreign films but, that was a great movie.

I watched just over half of The Irishman before I shut it off. Honestly I have no interest in watching that one again. Not surprised it flopped at the Oscars. Same goes for Marriage Proposal (pure junk).

I plan to watch Judy and Two Popes.

I agree, some of the left wing critics have now had to shut up, after the Best Director and Best Picture went to South Korean film 'Parasite'.

Judy is suppoed to be a bit dull, despite Renée Zellweger performance being Oscar worthy.

As for Two Popes, I will get around to watching it.

I d think the Oscar results were fair enough this year, however I would never actually watch the Oscars as Hollywood is just full of the most hypocritical, disgusting over paid people, and the music at the Oscars is often equally as bad.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:38 PM

3,885 posts, read 1,819,086 times
I only watched some of it as I was making dinner, but I listened to Joaquin phoenix give his speech and thought he was compassionate and inspiring.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:17 PM

154 posts, read 74,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Loved Eminem!

Bleah, Eminem was the worst part of the evening with his gutter-trash rap.
Half of it was bleeped out for all the curse words.
Elton John gave the best musical performance so at least the show was balanced with some good music.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:18 PM

154 posts, read 74,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I only watched some of it as I was making dinner, but I listened to Joaquin phoenix give his speech and thought he was compassionate and inspiring.

Inspiring, how? Slamming farmers who help provide nourishment to the world?
He can push his anti-dairy viewpoints on his own time. The Oscars aren't the place to make political statements.
Why can't these overpaid actors just accept their awards graciously, say thank you and shut up?

Old 02-13-2020, 09:14 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,735,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags61 View Post
Bleah, Eminem was the worst part of the evening with his gutter-trash rap.
Half of it was bleeped out for all the curse words.
Elton John gave the best musical performance so at least the show was balanced with some good music.
Elton John has always sucked. He is one of those lucky artists who had a talented songwriter (Bernie Taupin) write music for him. Eminem has no business at those awards. That song was at least 15 years old.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:15 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,735,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I agree, some of the left wing critics have now had to shut up, after the Best Director and Best Picture went to South Korean film 'Parasite'.

Judy is suppoed to be a bit dull, despite Renée Zellweger performance being Oscar worthy.

As for Two Popes, I will get around to watching it.

I d think the Oscar results were fair enough this year, however I would never actually watch the Oscars as Hollywood is just full of the most hypocritical, disgusting over paid people, and the music at the Oscars is often equally as bad.
JUDY was not dull. My only regret is that it was a sad movie.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:53 AM

16,435 posts, read 12,592,293 times
I found Judy to be dull. And I wasn’t as blown away by Renee’s performance as everyone else was. I thought Cynthia Erivo was miles better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies