Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:03 AM

5,167 posts, read 3,665,115 times

Advertisements

I think Ares and Cheetah are probably the best bets in that list. Actually, I take that back--Circe. There is the villian she should fight right there...

...but Hollywood would totally screw that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 04:00 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,603,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
c) Leverage the success of Batman and (I assume) Superman movies and do a "Superman vs Batman" movie. There's been comics and animated movies with that theme. Somehow this could be leveraged into a Justice League movie.
Superman/Batman movie is clearly a hail mary. I actually think an Aquaman movie would be groundbreaking.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Marvel is too far ahead.........Warner Bro. can't get their act together!! Even Man of Steel did nothing to set up that "shared universe" thing they keep hinting at.....

They still don't know what they are doing....
This^^

Marvel is Light Years ahead of DC, always has been. DC has some interesting movies coming up but their 2-4 yrs before release: Superman/Batman (2015), Flash(2016), Justice League (2017). Marvel has successfully introduced 4 X-Men movies (Started Filming their 5th: X-Men movie; Days of Future Past) and The Avengers (The Avangers 2 due in 2015) and DC is still 4 yrs out from the Justice League? Heck, WB confirmed the Justice League back in 2007...it takes 10yrs for WB to produce a film? How about their Vertigo titles like Y the Last Man and Fables? The movies rights was bought for Y the Last Man back in 2007 and their just now agreeing on a script? How does WB keep the lights on when it takes 10yrs or longer to even consider producing a film? How man X-Men and Avenger movies does WB needs to see before they realize the that it's a good time to produce the Justice League? I would have chit canned half the people working for WB after the writers strike ended in 2008 and they still sat on this stuff twiddling their fingers!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,703,388 times
I'd like to see two Superman villains in the Man of Steel sequel that both Superman and Batman will have to eventually team up and battle; Metallo and Parasite.

Metallo could be conjured up after some reverse-engineering of Zod's suit or something that was salvaged from one of Zod's ships.

Parasite could be conjured up by being exposed to some biohazard material that was found in the wreckage of one of Zod's ships.

Lex Luthor could be a neutral character throughout the film. Vandal Savage could make a cameo appearance by having a meeting with Luthor, saying he's from the future, has the money to help him rebuilt Metropolis and some new tech for his disposal. And of course, he has information on Superman. Wayne Enterprises could also help in the reconstruction of Metropolis as well, and unwware of Vandal Savage's true intentions, with the exception of Bruce Wayne of course, lol.

Easter eggs or cameos for Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Doctor Fate, Captain Marvel, Clayface, Black Adam, Mirror Master, Cheetah, Deathstroke, Mongul, Black Manta and Atrocitus :P

Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,551,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Superman/Batman movie is clearly a hail mary. I actually think an Aquaman movie would be groundbreaking.
I think a well done version would work. Although thinking about it DC/WB missed the ball - they could haven't hinted and teased us in the last Batman movie and Man of Steel. No need for a cameo by either superhero but just the indirect mention of the other hero would have been enough to keep the buzz going until they got their act together.

Having seen the first season of Arrow, I think a Green Arrow movie would work too.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:05 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Superman/Batman movie is clearly a hail mary.
That was my reaction too. Man of Steel was clearly Act 1 of the Superman arc: the origin of Superman. His birth. So clearly Act 2 ought to be his "growing up." Learning what it means to be a hero and dealing with the consequences of his actions in the first movie.

Superman/Batman strikes me as the desperate move from a studio that has no clue. It reminds me of '70s TV shows when they would have a "very special guest star" of the week to try to draw in ratings. "This week on The Love Boat, it's ... Charles Nelson Riley!"

DC Comics has been desperately clinging to Marvel's coat-tails for over 40 years. This is just more of the same. Marvel had a huge hit with The Avengers, so this is DC's desperate copy cat.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:41 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That was my reaction too. Man of Steel was clearly Act 1 of the Superman arc: the origin of Superman. His birth. So clearly Act 2 ought to be his "growing up." Learning what it means to be a hero and dealing with the consequences of his actions in the first movie.

Superman/Batman strikes me as the desperate move from a studio that has no clue. It reminds me of '70s TV shows when they would have a "very special guest star" of the week to try to draw in ratings. "This week on The Love Boat, it's ... Charles Nelson Riley!"

DC Comics has been desperately clinging to Marvel's coat-tails for over 40 years. This is just more of the same. Marvel had a huge hit with The Avengers, so this is DC's desperate copy cat.
Sadly, I agree. I think DC rushed Man of Steal and is prematurely putting Superman/Batman into production. DC really needs an overhaul if they want any chance of ever catching Marvel.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,603,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
lol

I have no idea how its going to work story wise. Major superhero juxtaposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Sadly, I agree. I think DC rushed Man of Steal and is prematurely putting Superman/Batman into production. DC really needs an overhaul if they want any chance of ever catching Marvel.
Agreed.

Two year Timeline:

(2013. Nov) Thor: The Dark World
(2014. April) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
(2014. May) The Amazing Spiderman 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past
(2014. Aug) Guardians of the Galaxy
(2015. Mar) The Fantastic Four (reboot)
(2015. May) The Avengers: Age of Ultron
(2015. summer) Batman v Superman
(2015. Nov) Ant Man

In Development:

Doctor Strange
The Amazing Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 4
X-Force
Justice League

In development for sure but not confirmed:

Superman v Batman 2
The Dark Knight Resurfaces (batman reboot)
Superman v Batman 3
Justice League 2
Kal-El (superman reboot)
Kal-El 2
The Dark Knight Again

Old 08-18-2013, 01:55 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,703,388 times
Quote:
In development for sure but not confirmed:

Superman v Batman 2
Superman v Batman 3
Kal-El (superman reboot)
Kal-El 2
I highly doubt those will be the route that DC/WB will take.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:12 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,665,115 times
It took a little while for Marvel to enact this plan--we all knew they were setting things up for the Avengers. DC could have been plotting their own course of action, but as usual--idly stood by.

I don't know why DC wont give Bruce Timm and Co a real chance at making a novie. That is where DC is killing Marvel--the animated movies. Marvel's are usually pretty bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies