Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,558,206 times

Advertisements

DC needs to STOP BEING ASHAMED OF AQUAMAN!! Put him out there!! Make it epic!!

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader #1 Movie CLIP - Dive into Narnia (2010) HD - YouTube

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides | Mermaids scene HD - YouTube

Underwater scenes can be done nicely....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,803,226 times
Wonder Woman or Flash. I think Wonder Woman should be first though. They've tried to get I going so many times and it has stalled out. I think Megan fox would be a terrible choice. I've seen one of the many candidates in an outfit that looked less stripper like and toned the colors down. Palicki maybe?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,154,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Aquaman could work. With the advances in movie filming and tech they could come up with something and create a grand adventure with him. It would take a lot of work though to really flesh out a story and adventure but it can be done i am sure.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:33 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,558,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Aquaman could work. With the advances in movie filming and tech they could come up with something and create a grand adventure with him. It would take a lot of work though to really flesh out a story and adventure but it can be done i am sure.
I say bring him into a Superman movie first....

Old 06-21-2013, 11:31 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,551,683 times
Aquaman is a good choice. I remember reading something about the nexus of Iron Man. If you remember before the first Iron Man movie, there was a bit of speculation as to "why", even from myself. I was never an Iron Man comic book fan, and although thought of a robot flying around was sort of cheesy. That was my misconception about the character. A buddy who grew up on the Iron Man comics and loved it, would try to tell me no no no, he's an awesome superhero - it wasn't until the movie that *I got it*. Also, picking Robert Downy Jr. as Tony Stark was an amazing choice and probably the lynch pin to the entire franchise being what it is.

So it's completely plausible that a lesser known DC character could "blow up" in a similar way - if done right. Now a movie can be messed up like Ben Afflick in Daredevil (not the worst, but just not the best).

My only worry is DC has gotten it right like 1 out of 3 in the sense that Christian Bale *is* Batman - we're now on our 2nd or 3rd Superman actor in the last few movies.

Flash, Aquaman, Wonderman could totally work!

Old 06-23-2013, 07:00 PM

31 posts, read 87,323 times
I know this has not been mentioned yet, but what about Captain Marvel? You know, Bill Batson- the Shazam! guy. I kind of enjoyed the made for kids TV show from the seventies.

For Wonder Woman to work - and avoid any potential cheese factor in the process - would be to return the character to her late 60's and early 70's roots. This is during a time when she surrender her powers in order to remain in "man's world" rather than accompany her fellow Amazons to "Paradise Island". However, some type of significant threat to "Paradise Island" forces her to embrace her powers and return to "Paradise Island" and encounter the evil in question.

There have been a couple of mentions about Martian Manhunter. I think this would be a wonderful idea if done correctly, but am uncertain how. It is my understanding that Martian Manhunter is an extraterrestrial from a planet called "New Mars". My memory might be a bit sketchy here, but from what I recall "New Mars" has a "orange sun" as opposed to a "yellow sun". So let's say that somehow Superman finds himself on "New Mars" (with its orange sun) and subsequently loses his powers and finds himself in grave danger from the villain of the plot. Martina Manhunter to the rescue...

A DC and Marvel crossover has the potential for pure brilliance if done properly. When watching "Man Of Steel" on Friday I started thinking what would happen if when Superman was slugging it out with General Zod's minions, the Avengers happened to show up. With the possible exception of Hulk and Thor, more than likely would be outclassed or knocked out of the fight early. How about Avengers vs. Justice League at first and then both forces combine to face a common evil: How about a team of Lex Luthor and Dr. Doom. Or better yet Doomsday...

Last edited by Some Guy From Mars; 06-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
My only worry is DC has gotten it right like 1 out of 3 in the sense that Christian Bale *is* Batman
I disagree. Bale was a great Bruce Wayne. He was a horrible Batman. So much so that his portrayal has been justly and rightly mocked in pop culture. He sounds like Clint Eastwood gargling Drano with two cheeks full of marbles.

I have never seen a magnificent portrayal of Batman on film. The problem is that every director (from the '60s TV show to Burton to Schumacher to Nolan) think that what makes Batman formidable is gadgets and vehicles. So whoever is cast has little more to work with than fitting into the costume and looking grim in the Batmobile. And even the best of the costumes have looked rather goofy.

The Dark Knight was the greatest Batfilm ever, but not because of Batman. Heather Ledger gave us one of the all-time best movie villains. I wish the screenwriters would spend some time making Batman as interesting as the villains. No one has yet.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,665,115 times
It is DC/Warner's fault that Wonder Woman hasn't made it to the big screen...she is arguably its third biggest superhero after Batman and Superman, and they continue to waste time with scripts, delays, whatever...she should have been had a movie--we should be talking about how they messed up/got right a movie about her, not that there has never been one! One thing that hurts WW is that she doesn't have a rogues gallery that matches up with the more popular heros. If you think her costume is crazy, imagine her in that outfit, fighting Cheetah (who is in a ridiculous jaguar looking costume). WW simply doesn't have a Joker or Lex Luthor (or even a Sinestro) in her stable.

I am an adult and I like Green Lantern, but just like everything else, the script has to be right.

Aquaman would be a good idea, and if DC keeps sitting on him, Marvel will beat them to it and release a Sub-Mariner movie; thus ruining the freshness of an Aquaman project at that point.

I do agree they need to do Flash, but what is taking them so long?

Oh, my geek moment is over...

Old 06-25-2013, 07:01 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
If you think her costume is crazy, imagine her in that outfit, fighting Cheetah (who is in a ridiculous jaguar looking costume).
Not just crazy, but a little creepy. She dresses like a 4th of July stripper, ties up villains, and forces them to tell the truth. At one time I thought: Surely I'm reading too much into that. This popular kids' super hero really isn't some creep's bondage fetish. But then I read the origins of Wonder Woman, and yep, it was some creep's bondage fetish.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:19 PM

668 posts, read 995,552 times
I would say the reason why Marvel characters are far superior to DC heroes on screen is that they are, with only a few exceptions, human. DC heroes on the other hand, are often non-humans that are much harder to make humanistic without being a cartoon. We can much more easily relate to the challenges faced by, say, a Bruce Banner controlling his emotions, or a Tony Stark and his alcoholism, or Spider Man or X-Men dealing with certain - ahem - changes to their bodies during puberty. That's why Batman has succeeded where others have failed - after all he's a human playing a non-powered superhero rather than a super-powered Martian/Kryptonian/Atlantean/Amazonian Princess pretending to be human.

That being said, I think Captain Marvel would be an excellent candidate, if they could manage to tone down the corniness that's generally played up in his storylines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies