Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2021, 03:46 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,903,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
What's a food bar? I looked it up but couldn't really get a solid definition.

Side note: I heard that all of the hotels in the city are booked this weekend for the Mardi Gras style Christianing of the USS Mobile.
I can confirm all hotels are booked (I looked at hotels.com yesterday )... there's also a large convention in town as well this weekend.

Food bar makes it seem like they'll retain the counter aspect from Von's. Other than that, no idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 11:40 AM

427 posts, read 390,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
In case it hasn't been posted elsewhere, the old Von's Bistro will become the ”W Food Bar.” Von and the new owner announced it earlier this week.
This will be run by a former chef of Pour Baby

Old 05-25-2021, 05:25 PM

314 posts, read 255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge0001 View Post
The new downtown international terminal is set to open in 2024
With that being said, it’ll be nice if Mobile tried to court another prominent or promising aviation company such as ge rr Lockheed etc.. an expansion for Airbus would be ideal.. I mean I’m sure we could put more use to mob other than ga

Old 05-26-2021, 06:28 AM

5,024 posts, read 9,280,637 times
Serda sold his brewery to a company in Florida. I don't know how I feel about that.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:19 AM

206 posts, read 197,657 times
Quote:
Serda sold his brewery to a company in Florida. I don't know how I feel about that.
I was told it was sold to Oyster City Brewing Company out of Apalachicola

Old 05-26-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
With that being said, it’ll be nice if Mobile tried to court another prominent or promising aviation company such as ge rr Lockheed etc.. an expansion for Airbus would be ideal.. I mean I’m sure we could put more use to mob other than ga
Airbus will provide plenty of expansion opportunities... I foresee plenty of business opportunities for them at BFM, and you can see the makings of it in the BFM master plan released earlier this spring.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Dude I don’t like that smh serda is/was my favorite brewhouse. Mobile bay was my go to there

Old 05-26-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Airbus will provide plenty of expansion opportunities... I foresee plenty of business opportunities for them at BFM, and you can see the makings of it in the BFM master plan released earlier this spring.
From what I understand from what I was told is there’s no more room in brookley, hence the buildings being removed for the new structures of the airport. There’s plenty of advantages of Airbus expanding at mob ( Airbus defense is already out there. ) but the biggest drawback of all is the lack of interstate access.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
From what I understand from what I was told is there’s no more room in brookley, hence the buildings being removed for the new structures of the airport. There’s plenty of advantages of Airbus expanding at mob ( Airbus defense is already out there. ) but the biggest drawback of all is the lack of interstate access.
There is not much greenfield left but there are certainly areas available to Airbus still at Brookley.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Another thing about mob is there is sooo much land to work with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area