Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 10:23 AM

74 posts, read 119,236 times

Advertisements

Oh I know what you mean..... by mid July we will have a heat index in the 110's with the high humidity to match. We will see temps like this till mid October. Even then we may be wearing shorts and tanks come halloween......Christmas too for that matter. I'm praying for a winter this year though. Have y'all had lots of rain for the humidity to be in the 90's? I know it's like that here, the rain always makes it worse. We were at 97% this morning but it was storming. We have had so many storms and rainy days this year we may as well be in Seattle. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Rain is usually high humidity, BUT oftentimes it is on the leading edge of a cool front so that there is a temperature drop. 2012 was a bearish year. If the probability laws are right, any change should be in a normalizing direction, and though that won't necessarily make things PLEASANT, it will be better than 2012.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:26 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyformajorchange View Post
Oh I know what you mean..... by mid July we will have a heat index in the 110's with the high humidity to match. We will see temps like this till mid October. Even then we may be wearing shorts and tanks come halloween......Christmas too for that matter. I'm praying for a winter this year though. Have y'all had lots of rain for the humidity to be in the 90's? I know it's like that here, the rain always makes it worse. We were at 97% this morning but it was storming. We have had so many storms and rainy days this year we may as well be in Seattle. Lol
Unfortunately the humidity we had was without rain...

Mid July we will see heat indexes in the 110-120 range...not a fan...

Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 PM

74 posts, read 119,236 times
No me either! It seems to get hotter and hotter every year. We have been hibernating in the a/c since early May. The hear I can certainly do without. The humidity I like in moderation.....we have the 3rd highest humidity levels in the US after Washington and Texas....It is so hard to find areas that have low humidity and aren't super hot.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:35 PM

Today was as gorgeous as we're going to get here. Which makes me think it won't last long. But humidity was low, temps in the 70's. This is because we're getting north winds. The air that comes from north of us is the good air.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
#SweatshirtsinJuly

Old 07-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Sweatshirts n THIS weather? I guess that must be all the tropical people who've arrived lately.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM

Location: In that state that's next to that other state which is below that other state next to the water
155 posts, read 417,415 times
I've been checking the weather out of curiosity and I'd LOVE to experience these rare July days with temps in the 50s and 60s for the highs! I never thought that anywhere in the Midwest ever got (high) temperatures so low during Summer. I'd love to be in Embarrass, Tower, Grand Portage, Duluth, Int'l Falls, Grand Marais or anywhere up in the Northwoods! Is this the first time that this has happened in a while? I knew you had temperatures in the 70s sometimes during Summer but never thought that I'd hear of temps in the 60s let alone 50s for highs so it gives me hope even though I'm guessing that this may be quite rare for Minnesota or does it happen more than I thought? I've always thought of MN as being only slightly cooler than Ohio and even hotter on occasion. I thought that the only places in the Lower 48 where Summer high temps below 68 would be possible were in high mountainous areas, the Pacific Northwest, maybe California and probably many more but I didn't expect it for anywhere in the Midwest so this makes me happy!

Old 07-26-2013, 08:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Cool summer days like this will happen a few times a year.
Good night for a bonfire.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:31 AM

Location: In that state that's next to that other state which is below that other state next to the water
155 posts, read 417,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Cool summer days like this will happen a few times a year.
Good night for a bonfire.
That's awesome! I always got the impression that sometimes places in MN aren't much, if any cooler than Ohio in certain parts but I think that up by Lake Superior, in the mountains of Northeastern MN and most all of the places in the Northern part of the state are at least slightly cooler than Southwestern Ohio depending on which weather fronts are in either places. I think that the Twin Cities may sometimes be pretty much as hot as Dayton area in the Summer but maybe slightly cooler at times and perhaps the Summer may be slightly shorter than Dayton (some years) but I'm not sure because I'm far from being any kind of expert. These are the cool comfortable Summer days that I've dreamt of for so long! So, would most of the coolest temperatures in MN usually be in the Northeastern part of the state by Lake Superior and/or in the higher elevations, with the areas further inland and over into the North Central region being slightly warmer/hotter? I know that it isn't all cut and dry because weather is unpredictable but I was just curious. Weather sure can be interesting and intriguing, can't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota