Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 06:37 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times

Advertisements

Terrific pictures! I also have been wanting to get to Manitou island. I will one day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 AM

20 posts, read 33,750 times
These are very pretty pictures... but I have to be honest and say I've seen just as pretty if not prettier in almost all the coastal states I've been to. I don't see why Michigan is so great. I've lived here 7 yrs and I don't find it pretty at all. I find it cold, gray boring and windy with a chill that cuts through you lasting more than half the year. I'm sorry. I can't wait to move out. Thanks for the pretty pics though... anyone who likes these should check out the jersey shore sometime, or travel up on the coast through maine. (:

Old 03-21-2009, 11:13 AM

304 posts, read 1,434,067 times
Oh I didnt say ALL of Michigan was great. I live in Adrian and it is really crappy and I would agree with you that where I live is "cold, gray boring and windy with a chill that cuts through you lasting more than half the year." I can only give my opinion where I have been and seen and that is the Leelanau Peninsula and surrounding areas....It is awesome!

Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theficklefox View Post
These are very pretty pictures... but I have to be honest and say I've seen just as pretty if not prettier in almost all the coastal states I've been to. I don't see why Michigan is so great. I've lived here 7 yrs and I don't find it pretty at all. I find it cold, gray boring and windy with a chill that cuts through you lasting more than half the year. I'm sorry. I can't wait to move out. Thanks for the pretty pics though... anyone who likes these should check out the jersey shore sometime, or travel up on the coast through maine. (:
Lived in Maine for 20 years, couldn't wait to get back to Michigan. Been through all the coasts as well from Florida to Nova Scotia on the Atlantic; Florida to Galveston, TX for the Gulf; and California to Washington for the Pacific. For me and my wife (who was born and raised along the Atlantic coast) there is no place that comes close to the West Michigan beaches and Lake Michigan for sand, and Lake Superior for rugged beauty. Sorry you don't like it here, good luck finding your place in this world.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:14 PM

147 posts, read 522,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Lived in Maine for 20 years, couldn't wait to get back to Michigan. Been through all the coasts as well from Florida to Nova Scotia on the Atlantic; Florida to Galveston, TX for the Gulf; and California to Washington for the Pacific. For me and my wife (who was born and raised along the Atlantic coast) there is no place that comes close to the West Michigan beaches and Lake Michigan for sand, and Lake Superior for rugged beauty. Sorry you don't like it here, good luck finding your place in this world.
TOTALLY Agree with you Bydand.

There is no place prettier on this earth...than our Lake Michigan and those white sand beaches. Sleeping Bear Dunes? Where is it prettier??? Tell me!

Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,437,818 times
Aren't the "Sleepy Bear Dunes" up in the Traverse City/Grand Traverse area?

Old 03-22-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Aren't the "Sleepy Bear Dunes" up in the Traverse City/Grand Traverse area?

Yep they are west about a 30 minute drive from Traverse City.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:45 PM

Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-2.jpg

Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-3.jpg

Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-sleeping-bear.jpg

These are pics we took last year 2008

Old 03-22-2009, 04:57 PM

12 posts, read 25,944 times
Im proud to live in michigan..sucks I have to move to Arizona

Old 03-22-2009, 08:00 PM

21 posts, read 50,563 times
Yes of course all of these places are beautiful, but most of them are in the middle of no where... which means they are excellent for primarily vacationers and retirees....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan