Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times

Advertisements

Cold and beautiful! 2nd picture looks like a bunch of bones...very cool Bydand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Cold and beautiful! 2nd picture looks like a bunch of bones...very cool Bydand!
I have a closer one of just the twigs that are trapped in the ice along the edge. Those really do look like bones.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:18 PM

Here it is.

Attached Thumbnails
Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-icy-twigs.jpg  

Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 PM

Awesome! And the waves crashing around the lighthouse is so cool! For some reason I could never get tired of looking at pictures like that. You are extremely lucky to live so close to Lake Mi. I can only dream.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Awesome! You are extremely lucky to live so close to Lake Mi. I can only dream.
Yes I am lucky. It took many years of living in other States and environments to come to the conclusion I needed (not wanted, but really needed) to be back by Lake Michigan and back home in West Michigan. I am much more relaxed in life and so much happier here than anyplace else I have ever been. My wife and kids fell in love with Michigan the first time they saw her, and all it took was that first step onto the beach and hearing that crisp "Squeeeek" under foot to know they were finally home as much as I was.

I worked long and hard for almost 20 years trying to deny the draw the Lake and this State held for me. I will never be more than a few miles from one of the Big Lakes now until the day I die.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM

107 posts, read 357,165 times
These were taken in Portage Michigan back in 2001-2002

I wish I had the camera then I have now!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-sunriselake.jpg   Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-cloudslakeside.jpg  

Old 03-11-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Yes I am lucky. It took many years of living in other States and environments to come to the conclusion I needed (not wanted, but really needed) to be back by Lake Michigan and back home in West Michigan. I am much more relaxed in life and so much happier here than anyplace else I have ever been. My wife and kids fell in love with Michigan the first time they saw her, and all it took was that first step onto the beach and hearing that crisp "Squeeeek" under foot to know they were finally home as much as I was.

I worked long and hard for almost 20 years trying to deny the draw the Lake and this State held for me. I will never be more than a few miles from one of the Big Lakes now until the day I die.
I hear ya. I love that squeeek!! After we went to Lake Michigan and lake Superior last year I now know where i belong also. I have been to lake Huron many times, but for some reason its not the same. Beautiful...but somehow not the same. From now on my main goal is to move as close to Lake Michigan as possible. We have our eye on the area between TC and Empire. Wish me luck! And keep those awesome pictures comin!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I wish I had the camera then I have now!!!!!
I said almost the same thing for years about wishing my digital was much better. Now that I have a better one, it just gives me an excuse to go back to all those places I visited and wished I could take better photos.

You just have to take it out and take new memories and capture them in the same places.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM

107 posts, read 357,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I said almost the same thing for years about wishing my digital was much better. Now that I have a better one, it just gives me an excuse to go back to all those places I visited and wished I could take better photos.

You just have to take it out and take new memories and capture them in the same places.
Later this year I hope to do just that when we go to the U.P.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 PM

Even our winters are photogenic here!

The "Badger" and her sister the "Spartan" laid up for the winter

Boardwalk at the Ludington State Park.

And the downside to Spring arriving somewhat. The Bike gangs come out in force!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan