Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,058,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Even our winters are photogenic here!

The "Badger" and her sister the "Spartan" laid up for the winter

Boardwalk at the Ludington State Park.

And the downside to Spring arriving somewhat. The Bike gangs come out in force!
That's a mighty tough looking group there Bydand! Would sure hate to cross them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,873,215 times
Back out and about today. Spring type weather is here for this week and I am making the most of it.

Here is a little traitor who leaves every winter, and comes running back when it starts to turn nice.

A nice place to just relax.

In the Ludington State Park (again)

Fresh windswept dunes.

Of course you just have to run down them, even at 45 years old LOL

Ane last but not least a pine cone from a White Pine.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:00 PM

147 posts, read 522,577 times
Oh my...those pics are tearing me up. Just precious....Thank you!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 PM

304 posts, read 1,434,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I hear ya. I love that squeeek!! After we went to Lake Michigan and lake Superior last year I now know where i belong also. I have been to lake Huron many times, but for some reason its not the same. Beautiful...but somehow not the same. From now on my main goal is to move as close to Lake Michigan as possible. We have our eye on the area between TC and Empire. Wish me luck! And keep those awesome pictures comin!

We lived in Cedar pretty much smack dab in the middle of the leelanau peninsula for 3 years. *sigh* We left 4 years ago and moved downstate (bad decision) There is soooo much to see weather it is spring, fall, winter or summer it is always beautiful! We would load the boys up and just drive, and we never got bored. Bon fires on lake michigan were awesome and the sunsets unbelievable. I am so homesick for it, and wish to someday be back up there. We should have never left! The people are so friendly and really care about you. It is where we belong I feel it, but right now it is just a dream and a kick in the butt everytime I think about it! Good luck to you michmoldman, you will be so happy and content there. Enjoy every minute of it, take it all in each and everyday....but make sure you have a 4x4 or you wont be seeing much during the winter months.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Yep, according to some on these forums, all these photos sure look like boring, flyover country because there is nothing to see.

Hope they keep thinking that, so they don't actually come here, fall in love with the area, then try to muck it up by moving here and trying to change it into either East or West coasts lifestyles.
I have lived in the middle of the country as well as near the coast. I don't have a new change in "lifestyle" just becase I live closer to the coast instead of the middle of the country. People in general are more similar than they are dissimilar.
My favorite areas of Michigan are areas of the UP, the Sunrise Shore, and the northern Lake Michigan side in terms of scenic beauty.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:45 PM

265 posts, read 802,004 times
The Manitou Islands must be one of my favorite spots in Michigan. The first time I stood on the beach in Leland in 1990, I knew I had to go there myself. So I bought a 17" sail boat a few years later and sailed to the south end of North Manitou. And went back many times after that. There is nothing better anchored near North Manitou, waking up in the middle of the night under the most amazing starlit sky you will ever see.

http://wulfers.net/pictures/michigan1/files/page68-1006-full.jpg (broken link)

http://wulfers.net/pictures/michigan1/files/page68-1007-full.jpg (broken link)

http://wulfers.net/pictures/michigan1/files/page68-1013-full.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 PM

Some pictures of Cathead Bay on the Leelanau. My favorite place to go to, lay down on the beach, enjoy lunch and read a book. Go for a swim in crystal clear Lake Michigan. Repeat.

http://wulfers.net/pictures/michigan2/files/page69-1021-full.jpg (broken link)

http://wulfers.net/pictures/michigan1/files/page68-1003-full.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 PM

The islands are so close but yet so far away. Imagine being by yourself on a little sailboat on the Manitou Passage and the wind starts to pick up. 6ft waves. I never felt so much more alive!

These are not great quality pictures but I just love this place.

Leland - Lake Leelanau / Nedows Bay (sp?)

Little island close to Northport

Last edited by nordwulf; 03-20-2009 at 11:51 PM..

Old 03-21-2009, 05:52 AM

304 posts, read 1,434,156 times
Those are awesome pictures

Old 03-21-2009, 06:19 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,696,464 times
these pictures are one reason we moved to western Michigan..we are a little west of TC. We have never been happier. The beauty is unbelievable...cant wait to see it other than pictures come spring/summer/fall. The people are awesome.

Wonderful pictures...and thank you for helping my family find a place that we actually feel like its "home"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan