Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2021, 01:17 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I think his words were clear...and clearly stupid.

Massachusetts has a low death rate right now. So do Ohio and North Dakota and South Dakota. The difference is we have humility with respect to the virus; we recognize that we're at the bottom of a cycle that might well go up again. We don't seriously think, against mountains of evidence to the contrary, that we're doing something special that people in other states aren't doing that is dictating the behavior of the virus.
Sorry. I don't care what state you're from. If you're unvaxxed and going about your business unmasked in public, and flying all over the country, you're a danger to public health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 01:20 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
A poster seemed to single out people from other states as the "problem", as if we don't have riff raff, or unvaccinated people of our own. I can see where one might take offense to that. There is also plenty of vaccinated "riff raff" as well, just because somebody does the right thing doesn't mean they did it for the right reasons. Our job isn't to judge.
Tough. Time for them to take offense and take action. I did mean "riff raff" as those who are opting to be unvaxxed, regardless of which state they come from. We just have fewer of them in MA (#2 in the country) than anywhere else.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:22 PM

16,291 posts, read 8,126,207 times
If someone chooses to stay unvaccinated then they should stay home or have limited contact with others. They shouldnt be getting on a plane.

My company said everyone has to get vaccinated except people who have a religious reason not to. That is SUCH BS to me right there. My company is a huge proponent of science but all of a sudden they are going to make exceptions for people who wont get a vaccine due to religious reasons. Im guessing they have a large student population of whatever this religion is or some very wealthy donors of this religion.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:27 PM

23,554 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Tough. Time for them to take offense and take action. I did mean "riff raff" as those who are opting to be unvaxxed, regardless of which state they come from. We just have fewer of them in MA (#2 in the country) than anywhere else.

You WERE pointing your finger at out of staters, and you WERE scapegoating. Massachusetts still has a couple million unvaxxed "riff raff" residents, who are a far greater threat to you right now than one or two people flying in from Arkansas or Mississippi.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:28 PM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
100%. We'd then keep the riffraff from the low vax%, low masking states from going cross-country spreading this damn thing! Sure they can still drive...but won't travel that far.

So build an Escape from New York wall around New Bedford and call in Snake Plissken? Old beater Caddys with candelabras mounted on the front fenders are big here. As long as it has a big chrome exhaust tip and stance.

As I've written here a number of times, the state government has a public outreach problem in parts of the state with New Bedford at the bottom. Places like Chelsea seem to have received a memo that wasn't sent here.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If someone chooses to stay unvaccinated then they should stay home or have limited contact with others. They shouldnt be getting on a plane.

My company said everyone has to get vaccinated except people who have a religious reason not to. That is SUCH BS to me right there. My company is a huge proponent of science but all of a sudden they are going to make exceptions for people who wont get a vaccine due to religious reasons. Im guessing they have a large student population of whatever this religion is or some very wealthy donors of this religion.

That's a legit reason, but how many people truly fall under that? Amish? Orthodox Jews??? Probably not a huge factor in most companies. And they should have to provide some kind of proof.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Obviously a plane is more capable of transporting large groups of unvaccinated people. I feel less worried about old people in RVs...they're the ones that will be dead soon enough anyways

Right those old RVers also generally don't partake in the more risky activities, they seem to be more the hermit types. As a group, they are low down on my list of concerns.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:33 PM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
That's a legit reason, but how many people truly fall under that? Amish? Orthodox Jews??? Probably not a huge factor in most companies. And they should have to provide some kind of proof.

Israel managed to get their large orthodox population vaccinated.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:39 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
I think anyone can say religious reasons...and I don't think you can question it.

And I disagree that it's a legit reason. This is a public health emergency.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:47 PM

16,291 posts, read 8,126,207 times
A religious reason is absolutely not a good reason to not get the vaccine.

Crazy people all the time say, God wanted me to do it and it doesn't hold up in a court of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts