Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 04:38 PM

374 posts, read 377,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
You do not know that for sure. And yes, a runny nose is a symptom of Corona though it is not one of the more common ones.
As to the first, you are right. I don't know and no one does.

As to the second, there is a chart floating around with statistics on symptoms (from China as of Feb 20) and that's also correct, nasal congestion occurred in 4.8% of cases, which is not nothing.

All we have here is probabilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 04:58 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Of course we don’t know that for sure. It’s just EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.
On those same lines, I don’t know that the absolutely brutal sickness I got three years ago wasn’t COVID-19, but it’s unreasonable to believe it was.
Three years ago and 3 weeks before is a completely different situation. And of course, pointing out that it is NOT extremely unlikely.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:07 PM

636 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
The virus comes in with travelers from international destinations. So yes, MA has a lot of immigrants, a lot of international students, business people, tourists, etc. Generally speaking, that's not a bad thing.
Most of the states that have LOW numbers of coronaviruses cases, have LOW numbers of immigrants , LOW numbers of international students , business people, tourists.

Seeing you mentioned diversity factors first ;Maine and New Hampshire and Vermont are the whitest states in the country with a combined population equal to Massachusetts population
Maine, New Hampshire Vermont have 18 confirmed cases, Diverse Massachusetts has 6 times the number of coronaviruses.

I lived in Mass for over 4 decades. I understand in Mass. it is a social taboo to question diversity's negative effects.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:13 PM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Most of the states that have LOW numbers of coronaviruses cases, have LOW numbers of immigrants , LOW numbers of international students , business people, tourists.
:
:
*LOL* I am aware of that, I cited these factors (or their converse) in my post, remember?

Old 03-15-2020, 05:30 PM

560 posts, read 751,641 times
Quote:

Seeing you mentioned diversity factors first ;Maine and New Hampshire and Vermont are the whitest states in the country with a combined population equal to Massachusetts population
Maine, New Hampshire Vermont have 18 confirmed cases, Diverse Massachusetts has 6 times the number of coronaviruses.

I lived in Mass for over 4 decades. I understand in Mass. it is a social taboo to question diversity's negative effects.

Just want to be clear. You are blaming the states diversity for it's high number of cases? Not the fact that biogen had thier conference in the financial district or Logan is a point of entry airport or Boston is the hub for the region?

Old 03-15-2020, 05:33 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:

.6+1.3+1.3=3.2 which is less than 6.9.

Ask Louisiana what being economic backwater does to stop this.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:39 PM

636 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizim View Post
Just want to be clear. You are blaming the states diversity for it's high number of cases? Not the fact that biogen had thier conference in the financial district or Logan is a point of entry airport or Boston is the hub for the region?
Massachusetts confirmed cases of coronavirus is over 100. Other states under 15.
If you're from Massachusetts, please, dont come to my state. Stay in Mass

Old 03-15-2020, 05:57 PM

17,736 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Massachusetts has closed all schools (public and private) for 3 weeks.

That dude Dr. Fauci is predicting that the school year is done.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:10 PM

560 posts, read 751,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

That dude Dr. Fauci is predicting that the school year is done.
Where was that

Old 03-15-2020, 06:10 PM

17,736 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Amazon Whole Foods delivery has no time slots available.

Walmart Grocery just canceled my order.

Things are starting to get very real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts