Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2020, 09:33 PM

17,739 posts, read 9,192,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Not very surprising that being around other people increases your chances of getting coronavirus. Kind of like saying driving to a restaurant increases your chances of being in a car accident.
You missed the point. Again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 10:12 PM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Barely anything relevant? It's not about being around people; it's about being around people while not wearing a mask...and indoors. This basically means you can forget about indoor restaurants, bars/clubs, and SCHOOLS (unless you're going to have half days as lunch is a huge problem).

I recall that study, and you're forgetting that nearly all of those people used public transportation (subway) without masks. There's no big mystery here.

Again, being around people while indoors without a mask is a huge problem.
I agree with this statement, for me personally it would be a concern, having taken so many precautions for 6+ months now. For the workplaces that have opened in MA...what's the situation? Are office workers allowed to take off their masks while in their cubes?

Old 09-13-2020, 03:20 AM

448 posts, read 282,292 times
I Take mine off in the cube but there is no one near me at all. WHen someone comes over, I put it on.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:21 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
https://www.wcvb.com/article/lincoln...party/34001473

So much for that idea that affluent areas wouldn't get it let alone spread it.

Old 09-13-2020, 10:18 AM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I agree with this statement, for me personally it would be a concern, having taken so many precautions for 6+ months now. For the workplaces that have opened in MA...what's the situation? Are office workers allowed to take off their masks while in their cubes?

We are encouraged to work from home as much as possible at least through January, and we can only take our masks off if we are getting tested, eating or alone in an office with the door closed. Masks on walking between the parking lot and the buildings or if you are in your cube.

Old 09-13-2020, 10:34 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Interesting article.

https://www.radio.com/blogs/miles-in...MLMNhM8ZoV-C-U

Less about the party...more about the implication that Covid positive comes up with cops run your ID? Isn’t that a Hippa violation?

Old 09-13-2020, 11:06 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
https://www.wcvb.com/article/lincoln...party/34001473

So much for that idea that affluent areas wouldn't get it let alone spread it.
In all fairness no one in this situation had it. They simply decided to go remote because a group of teens had a party and got caught. These same teens were probably partying all summer together.

I don’t think anyone ever thought this couldn’t spread in affluent areas. If anything it was people in
Affluent areas of Boston who had it mostly due to the biogen meeting. No one is immune.

I noticed someone I know through a mutual friend had a bachelorette party down the cape with like 25 people. They also took a bus to bars I guess and were all sitting thigh to thigh in two rows across from each other on the bus. No masks. I don’t know what people are thinking. They obviously don’t care and would rather celebrate than worry about getting sick. It just looked really irresponsible.

Old 09-13-2020, 11:11 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Interesting article.

https://www.radio.com/blogs/miles-in...MLMNhM8ZoV-C-U

Less about the party...more about the implication that Covid positive comes up with cops run your ID? Isn’t that a Hippa violation?
Like all civil rights, HIPPA is flexible in case of "emergency"

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/fi...onders-508.pdf

Old 09-13-2020, 11:18 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
So the article is saying that if a cop runs someone’s license it will always show them as having corona if they ever tested positive?

Old 09-13-2020, 12:29 PM

17,739 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Officer: I’ve never seen this before. There’s an input on the computer that you tested positive for COVID.
Student: Yes.
Officer: When was this?
Student: This was a week ago.
Officer: Are you supposed to be quarantining?
Student: Yeah. That’s why I’m at my house.
Officer: So you have other people here, and you’re positive for COVID?
Student: I mean…
Officer: You see the problem? How many other people have COVID?
Student: They all do.
Officer: Everybody has it?
Student: Well, and them — [gestures to house across the street]
Officer: And everybody over here has it?
Student: Well, I think two.
Officer: That’s what we’re trying to prevent, man.
Student: I know.
Officer: We’re trying to keep this town open.
Student: I know. That’s why I’m staying home.

^

There are so many things wrong with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts