Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 05:32 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
US has completed half a million tests and accelerating. The fact that other countries have done much less leads me to believe the virus is far more widespread worldwide than we think
Either that or our data is wrong. I have been a little suspicious about how there were all these problems with the tests and now they are all going along just fine. Possible we have a lot of false positives?

Anyway just more and more evidence stacking up that this virus has a LOT more people infected than some would have thought and this "social distancing" is rather pointless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
The US now has more cases than Italy. We will probably surpass China tomorrow.
We're number one! Make America Great again!

I thought of that all day seeing the numbers go up.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:35 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
I can see passing individual countries in Europe since our population is greater, but passing China makes me question China’s data even more now.

US has completed half a million tests and accelerating. The state of NY has conducted more tests than many countries have. That makes me suspect counties with lower numbers simply aren’t testing enough to capture them all.

I question China's data, but China also locked down Wuhan, had strict measures in the rest of the country, has a culture of wearing masks in public (curtailing the spread), and does temperature checks EVERYWHERE.

I'm certain China isn't being truthful, but I'm also certain we are handling this many magnitudes worse than China.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm certain China isn't being truthful, but I'm also certain we are handling this many magnitudes worse than China.
I would also point out that in China for their 84K cases they had 3000 deaths. We have 1/2 of that.

I just don't think it is realistic to compare a free country to a communist one on the idea of locking down the country. America simply can't go too far and would likely face push back. That is the country we choose to live in.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:41 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
I’m actually surprised I don’t see more people wearing masks in public. I would think a grocery store run would prompt people to wear them if they had them.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:01 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
I’m actually surprised I don’t see more people wearing masks in public. I would think a grocery store run would prompt people to wear them if they had them.
Probably because they are so hard to find now.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:02 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
From the CNN Town Hall:

Q: Why is the President suggesting a pullback when numbers are rising so rapidly?
"I think what the President was trying to do, he was making an aspirational projection to give people some hope," Fauci said.
"When you have a situation when the cases today compared to tomorrow is increased dramatically and then the next day is increased dramatically, that's no time to pull back. That's when you have to hunker down, nail down, mitigate, mitigate, mitigate, get the people taken care of."

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...hnk/index.html

Old 03-26-2020, 07:05 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
I started wearing a mask & latex gloves to the grocery store & pharmacy last Friday. Haven't been to one since Sunday, but I was shocked to see how few people were wearing either!

Old 03-26-2020, 07:18 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Why has there been so much mixed info on masks. People have been told they’re not effective yet the medical world is desperate for them. I guess they seem better than nothing but clearly they haven’t been all that effective.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:19 PM

158 posts, read 144,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I started wearing a mask & latex gloves to the grocery store & pharmacy last Friday. Haven't been to one since Sunday, but I was shocked to see how few people were wearing either!
Because people can’t find masks anywhere. They are impossible to find. Even hospitals are running out. We were very ill-prepared (no pun intended) for this epidemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts