Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 08:50 AM

12,420 posts, read 9,519,802 times

Advertisements

Despite his advanced age and weight, Trump's odds of having a mild course of disease are good - the infection was diagnosed early and of course he's got a team of top doctors monitoring him very closely and bringing the best treatments we know of. He's already had monoclonal antibodies and he's been given the new antiviral drug remdesivir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 09:03 AM

17,716 posts, read 9,187,561 times
His doctor will be giving an update any minute now.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:25 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Geez. Now Cam Newton is positive.

Personally speaking, a lot of people I know have been getting tested in the last 2 weeks.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:26 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times
I really have no doubt he'll be fine. He's receiving the best medical care of anyone in the world right now, which of course he will spin as he got it and then it just magically went away. No big deal at all. What's all the fuss about?

Old 10-03-2020, 09:28 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Geez. Now Cam Newton is positive.

Personally speaking, a lot of people I know have been getting tested in the last 2 weeks.
Seriously? Cam too? The Patriots have been a pleasant distraction from the multiple dumpster fires in my life right now. Now I gotta watch Hoyer?

Edit: Safe to assume the entire offense is also questionable? I mean, they were just huddling up yesterday, I'm sure.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Seriously? Cam too? The Patriots have been a pleasant distraction from the multiple dumpster fires in my life right now. Now I gotta watch Hoyer?

Edit: Safe to assume the entire offense is also questionable? I mean, they were just huddling up yesterday, I'm sure.
Yeah, that's a bummer, and likely their toughest game of the season too... hopefully Cam has a mild course and can be back in a couple of weeks.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:40 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Despite his advanced age and weight, Trump's odds of having a mild course of disease are good - the infection was diagnosed early and of course he's got a team of top doctors monitoring him very closely and bringing the best treatments we know of. He's already had monoclonal antibodies and he's been given the new antiviral drug remdesivir.

You don't normally give people convalescent plasma transfusions unless you have to. There's a nonzero chance of severe reactions and transmission of blood-borne infections like HIV, Hepatitis, and West Nile. Unless his condition is more severe than we're being told, I'm surprised they would do that.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:59 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post

I would assume yes as well. They are testing negative now, but I bet in a day or so that may change. Good chance the game this weekend gets postponed like the Titans game in.

And there goes the season. Possibly the entire NFL season soon as well.

What sort of guidelines do teams give players regarding social interactions? Are these players out at parties, or home or in hotel rooms minimizing their interactions. I feel like it would not look to great to your teammates of your star QB goes down because he was out partying (not saying Cam was here)

Old 10-03-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You don't normally give people convalescent plasma transfusions unless you have to. There's a nonzero chance of severe reactions and transmission of blood-borne infections like HIV, Hepatitis, and West Nile. Unless his condition is more severe than we're being told, I'm surprised they would do that.
It's true you can get antibodies transferred from recovered patients using convalescent plasma. Monoclonal antibodies though, are produced using biotechnology methods, e.g. cell culture in a bioreactor, or in vitro translation, so there is no plasma from other patients.

Old 10-03-2020, 10:08 AM

17,716 posts, read 9,187,561 times
The press conference was strange. The doctor was evasive, and he said Trump was diagnosed 72 hours ago. The timeline is a problem. A big problem.

And it was just announced that Chris Christie has tested positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts