Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2020, 07:05 PM

154 posts, read 257,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Does anyone know when libraries will open?
I believe browsing, with guidelines, is allowed in phase 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 07:22 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
From Marty yesterday

"Now's not the time to ease restrictions on individuals, meaning individuals shouldn't be easing restrictions on themselves for the foreseeable future, for the next six, eight months,"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2130175/%3famp
I'm honestly all for social distancing and what not, but it should come with easing restrictions and closures too. I mean I'm not expecting a large concert to happen in 2020 or a sporting event with fans but anything else that is reasonable should all be open.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:16 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You know what's flippant? People's refusal to use masks, do social distancing, and failure to exercise personal hygiene, because being told to do all of the preceding "infringes on their rights."

Speaking for myself, if we could be ensured 100% compliance with these practices, I would be willing to open up most places of business tomorrow. We know this is not the reality, and hence so many business owners have to suffer unfortunately.
...ok? Nothing to do with the point at all but yeah.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:51 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Not this year. Would that be the worst thing?

Also plenty of people still celebrated Easter even in the thick of this. They just did so with their immediate family.
I'm not saying it's the worst thing but we're going to see more shift away from Boston. The rest of the state isn't going to wait.

I'm wondering about the Big E myself

Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 AM

875 posts, read 663,995 times
anyone up for a trip to Missouri?

Reckless ignorance or ignorant recklessness.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...zarks-n1214506

Old 05-26-2020, 07:20 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I'm not saying it's the worst thing but we're going to see more shift away from Boston. The rest of the state isn't going to wait.

I'm wondering about the Big E myself

Berkshires have been hit pretty hard! Tanglewood has shut down ,the Summer and Fall season are their money months ,it's going to be ugly in the Berkshires for a long time!

May 15, 2020
2020 TANGLEWOOD LIVE PERFORMANCE AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS, SCHEDULED TO TAKE PLACE JUNE 19-AUGUST 27, ARE CANCELED DUE TO CONCERNS OVER SPREAD OF COVID-19

Old 05-26-2020, 07:46 AM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
anyone up for a trip to Missouri?

Reckless ignorance or ignorant recklessness.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...zarks-n1214506
Do people have no self control? Can't people go just one year without large gatherings?

Old 05-26-2020, 12:01 PM

875 posts, read 663,995 times
US reached 100K deaths due to COVID

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 05-26-2020, 12:30 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Do people have no self control? Can't people go just one year without large gatherings?
its happening in a lot of places down south. some employees are required in alabama to wear masks that work for restuarants but even the restaurant owner told them not too.

https://youtu.be/XSC-eX-fQvU

the country is divided big time. I guess the cases in alabama are going up. They dont like northern people such as ourselves. someone on youtube told me hardly anyone wears masks down south. He was from tennesse. Massechusetts is the exception not the norm. Even people in massechusetts are not following the rules on beaches.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 05-26-2020 at 12:42 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 01:00 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
its happening in a lot of places down south. some employees are required in alabama to wear masks that work for restuarants but even the restaurant owner told them not too.

https://youtu.be/XSC-eX-fQvU

the country is divided big time. I guess the cases in alabama are going up. They dont like northern people such as ourselves. someone on youtube told me hardly anyone wears masks down south. He was from tennesse. Massechusetts is the exception not the norm. Even people in massechusetts are not following the rules on beaches.

My parents are in Georgia and they've had to stop telling me anything because it invariably ends with me screaming that they can't leave the house. And they shouldn't - they're in their 60s and one has high blood pressure and the other is a lifelong diabetic with advanced kidney disease.

Over the weekend, all of my high school friends were posting photos of parties at the lake, family reunions, vacations to the beach... not a mask to be seen. Most people there don't know anyone who has been impacted, where I feel like most of us here at least have one coworker who has lost a parent or grandparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts