Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2021, 07:49 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Politico has an article today saying all the Republican governors who were critical of Trump are down in the polls. Vermont-Scott, Maryland-Hogan. They formerly had more Democrats favorable than Republicans. I think they’re right. It’s their position on Trump, not COVID-19 policies.
Not really. What I saw suggested that it is the attempts at keeping things shutdown. People are ready to go back to 100%. Call it shutdown fatigue if you want. Plus I'm sure there's plenty of people miffed at the intentionally slow rollout of the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 01:53 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
To me, it clearly looks like the counts are curving up again. We're too close to NY, NJ, CT, and RI. I'd personally would have preferred May 1 (May Day) as the day to reopen to Step 4 in hopes that cases would decrease further but what am I to say? There are a lot of other folks out there in the Commonwealth including many business owners itching to increase capacity to make up for lost revenue and they're the ones pressuring Baker to reopen right now. It's not easy making gubernatorial decisions during this time because he has to listen to so many different and often conflicting voices.
A lot of places are ticking up again, even outside of New England - just look at Michigan, Pennsylvania. Not surprising - the new variants are simply faster than our vaccination rate. We've been warned for a couple of months by public health officials that we were opening too fast. And to blame your neighbors when you your own state is in Phase 4 of reopening now...look in the mirror first (and I am the first to argue that RI has been, and is, doing terribly wrt covid, except wrt to vaccinations).

Old 03-24-2021, 02:38 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
I believe I heard last night that 20 states have gone up recently.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:27 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Mass. reports 1,865 new COVID-19 cases, 54 new deaths

Old 03-24-2021, 05:33 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think 75% is realistic in Massachusetts. We’ll know in a couple of months. Affluent places where people travel internationally are going to bump into vaccine passports. There’s no way Canada or Europe are going to let Americans in who aren’t vaccinated without a big quarantine.
How many of those that won't take it are going to travel internationally to like Europe or Canada? You're talking about younger people and also maybe some minority groups. Business travel is going to be down for awhile.

Maybe if the uptick sticks that will get more people to take it.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:17 PM

12,377 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Mass has hit 30% of residents with at least one shot, and 16.1% fully vaccinated.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

Old 03-25-2021, 06:34 AM

875 posts, read 662,987 times
At 88%, MA is leading the US in utilization of doses (jointly with ND and NM)

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-in-your-state

Old 03-25-2021, 11:37 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
Rutgers to require the vaccine to attend in person class
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/25/rutg...the-fall-.html

I had a feeling this would happen. But then I read on

"Students will have to prove they’ve been fully vaccinated with any of the three shots currently cleared for use in the U.S. — Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson — though students who are under 18 years old will only be eligible for the Pfizer shot."

Not the russian one, not the china one and not astrazeneca which is in Europe. So let's say someone is from India or China. How are they going to get the shot at that they'll take? Rutgers is not some small schools I'd argue it is pretty influential.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:48 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post

"Students will have to prove they’ve been fully vaccinated with any of the three shots currently cleared for use in the U.S. — Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson — though students who are under 18 years old will only be eligible for the Pfizer shot."

Not the russian one, not the china one and not astrazeneca which is in Europe. So let's say someone is from India or China. How are they going to get the shot at that they'll take? Rutgers is not some small schools I'd argue it is pretty influential.
Come here, quarantine for 10 days, and then get the damn thing. And that's assuming the A-Z does *not* get granted EUA in April.

Old 03-25-2021, 12:07 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post

Can they legally mandate that as a requirement under a EUA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts