Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2020, 04:13 PM

749 posts, read 418,732 times

Advertisements

I understand what Veneer-grade means - grew-up in a timber town in Oregon! Don't know how much timber is left in the Foothills of the Cascades anymore....Wildfires have consumed most of the Douglas Firs...
Still awaiting to see/hear from family, there...Thankful to be here in Maine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 08:34 PM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times
Hope you all are doing well. Hope you enjoyed summer or saying thank you for being over.

Chilly night tonight.

https://twitter.com/JamesSinko/statu...336625666?s=19

Old 09-17-2020, 08:34 PM

Currently Here in DownEast, Maine...59F Degrees, Dew Point 49F Degrees, Winds NNW 3mph, Gusts, 10mph...Cloudy..

Autumn made her presence known as we turned the furnace on - just to remove the dampness...
Outdoors, her gentle breeze was brisk and those, for whom I care, withdrew back into the warmth, not willing to greet her!
The foliage draping the trees, on my commute, were of different shades of green - splashed with umber, scarlet and gold!
The sense of impending cold, moved us to remove many of the tomatoes still lushly ripening on the vine...
and the cucumbers who've lost their desire to blossom, also lost their desire to cling so tightly to the ropes that supported them...gently tumbling around their pot!
Tomorrow morning is predicted to be 45F Degrees...
We shall see!

Old 09-17-2020, 09:13 PM

Currently in my hometown, Mill City, OR..63F Degrees, Dew Point 60F Degrees, Winds WSW 2mph,
Gusts , 4mph...Air Quality...unhealthy!
Flash Flood Warning in effect until 5:00am Friday PDT, Probability of precipitation 70%

Spoke to my oldest brother and sister-in-law, who said not only is the Homestead still standing, from the wildfires that raged through the Santiam Canyon on Highway 22, but both my brothers' dwellings (together with my nephew's dwelling), are safe and so is the property behind them! They chose to return to their homes shortly after the evacuation!
Beyond grateful!
So very thankful we fled five years ago to Maine!

Old 09-22-2020, 10:41 AM

Teddy.... beautiful Satellite image!

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...13630761889794

Old 09-22-2020, 02:58 PM

Waves crashing on road. Video

https://twitter.com/RyanBretonWX/sta...95416472801280

Old 10-17-2020, 06:29 AM

Sugarloaf snow this morning. Winter Is Coming.

https://twitter.com/SugarloafMaine/s...42244094418946

Old 11-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Can't believe I didn't post this on 11/3/20...So here it is...
Currently here in, Downeast, Maine...32F Degrees, Dew Point 23F Degrees, Winds 6mph, Gusts 15mph..
Twilight's arrival....
Snow swept in (3 inch accumulation), this Election day that I took off, to vote!
The crows didn't move from their position under the birdfeeders as the Blue Jays lit momentarily on the birdfeeders' perch, spilling more seed upon the ground...The mirating Red-Winged Blackbirds (Males), were also amongst the hungry and Scarlet Flutter (our visiting Male Cardinal), decorated the whole scene and chased off a Female Cardinal who fed next to him, bringing a laugh!
The fragrance of freshly, brewed French Roast coffee, hung in the air and cold air chilled the skin from the airconditioners that had yet been removed (because it was too hot to sleep comfortably at night)...
Been close to tears numerous times throughout the week in the realization of the magnitude of my vote and the consequences (perhaps world-wide), it carries...
When we arrived at our little town hall, there were no lines..only familiar faces from our community!
After voting, we visited with these friends with whom we had not seen for perhaps six to eight months...
due to covid and all the hours that I'd worked!
I'm still living my dream here in Maine, but sometimes it's seemed like a nightmare..
Hoping and praying that those hopes and dreams of many, will return and be lived, after this election!

Old 11-07-2020, 12:27 PM

2,725 posts, read 6,423,858 times
63° yesterday and 71° here today.....umm....OK..glad but...?

Old 11-29-2020, 06:54 AM

653 posts, read 1,786,192 times
Greetings everyone!!! It's been quite a spell since my last post on here and noticed this thread has slacked off some, so... with this upcoming heavy rain/wind event slated for Monday afternoon thru Tuesday morning, I thought I would chime in with my thoughts. It's looking like area's from just up the coast from Portland all the way to the Down East regions could see some respectable rainfall amounts.. possibly up to 5" locally which I would think has to be well within record territory that should commence Monday afternoon and last into Tuesday morning. Strong south to southeasterlies gusting up to 60mph will undoubtably cause some power interruptions during the height of this storm but will transport temperatures into the low 50's. Once the intense low pressure area moves off into the Maritimes, seasonably cooler air will filter in and lay at least some appreciable snow cover further inland around my favourite areas of the state like the Moosehead regions and up towards the Crown of Maine. Another major storm may occur within a week afterwards, so the pattern looks to remain active for the next week... and with subnormal rainfall over the last several months, the moisture will be welcome. I look forward to some responses on what you folks experience, as this is quite the respectable system moving in. All the best, and I hope and pray all are staying healthy during these crazy times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine