Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:02 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,033,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Theyre into that kinda of thing out there in the desert.

People love this guy.
Ewwwwwww!! He's sooooooo disgusting and slimey to me. Yuck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
because racial labels are artificial social contructs, and when there are only three basic categories to cover the world's seven billion mongrels, there is bound to be some nonsense.

people who hail from the subcontinent are classified as asian, not white.
As well, people, especially out in LA, have always thought of Latinos as 1. some type of white/Spanish offshoot or 2. mestizo.

Many Latinos are also black; many blacks are Latino.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Um, because employers want to hire them, because fake papers are dime a dozen, because the federal government is just plain lax, and because everybody just goes wink, wink and ignores the laws?

All these illegals would not come here if the couldn't work, couldn't make a living. That alone tells you that you don't need papers to work here. Virtually none of them would be here if not for being able to work and earn far more money than in Mexico. America is the land of silver and gold for illegal aliens. Don't tell me you think they can't work here, that's just plain crazy.
I was responding to your earlier post saying that it might be ILLEGAL TO REFUSE AN ILLEGAL WORK IN CALIFORNIA or something to that effect.

I know they're being hired, but your post made it seem like the employer has no choice or else they'll get in trouble with California Dept of Labor.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:25 PM

355 posts, read 1,480,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Are you sure they're classifying crimes committed by latinos as WHITE?

I don't think so. I'm sorry, but Southern Californians are fanatical in their anti-latino rants. There is no way they would classify a hispanic as WHITE if they weren't.
The FBI does. It's a FACT. You can tell this because they don't put a Latino/Hispanic choice in the race breakdown on the uniform crime stats, they actually do a separate breakdown on 'ethnicity' with hispanic and non-hispanic as the choices.

So this skews the crime stats on race because an enormous amount of the crimes perpetrated by 'whites' are really committed by latinos/hispanics.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Cze

9 posts, read 29,544 times
Default I'm glad I don't live as a color

Honestly this race stuff is silly. I was born this. I was born that. I was born mix with this and that. Whatever society say you are (black, white, mexican, chinese, indan, etc.) It shouldn't matter. If people just saw people and interacted with each other as people, instead of he's a white person, or she's a mexican woman, or they are black people, etc... then it wouldn't matter if the majority became the minority, because we all will see -- PEOPLE.

A race war will never happen, simply because in order for a race war to happen a majority of a so-called race will have to be for it... And that will not happen.

To be real, I wish Christ would just come back today and end this earth and bring forth the new earth... because we as humans have truly ruined the world that we live in.

I don't represent myself as part of a particular race based on my skin color; I represent myself as a child of God, who is part of the human race. And hopefully the majority of people will do the same!

P.S.

I used to be one-minded when it came to race, but now I am completely different -- where I don't care about color of skin, or heritage or what country someone is from. People are people... So Mexicans and blacks in L.A. need to start loving one another, then start loving whites and then everyone love everyone... That's the true will of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles