Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM

61 posts, read 222,189 times

Advertisements

Good times, good times.

Pasadena Star-News - Man killed in Monrovia

Just click on some of the other articles...

My niece goes to MHS - and is Hispanic. She is being driven to school and home everyday because of this mess.

I can't get out of here soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 05:56 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,843,104 times
The article said the shooting was gang related, how did you derive it was racial?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:05 PM

61 posts, read 222,189 times
Pasadena Star-News - Officers sweep area in response to violence

This article has more updated info.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:14 PM

That really is quite sad to hear. It's just so senseless...

Old 01-31-2008, 03:22 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,427 times
i never have a problem with thugs offing eachother, but innocent kids? c'mon now. makes me glad i live where i do. i think drugs gotta play a bigger role.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:11 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,726,531 times
Makes me want to start carrying illegally in LA

oh but I am a law abiding sheep..uh citizen,and don't break gun laws like these people...and I depend on the LAPD to protect me...
what a joke...this is why we need less gun control...
so people like me can gun down these bastards.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:57 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Makes me want to start carrying illegally in LA

oh but I am a law abiding sheep..uh citizen,and don't break gun laws like these people...and I depend on the LAPD to protect me...
what a joke...this is why we need less gun control...
so people like me can gun down these bastards.
Cheese, I wanted to give you rep points for this post but I need to spread it around first. You are soooo correct. Less gun control and tougher laws on criminals is what is needed.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM

It sounds like the way these people were gunned down, if they had been carrying a firearm it wouldn't have made a difference. I don't think more guns will help, I think less gangs and drugs would. We need to treat the cause of the illness, not the symptoms.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:28 PM

44 posts, read 237,899 times
We need to do what Texas is doing. Come down hard on these criminals and implement the death penalty. If you kill someone for no apparent reason like these A**holes did then you need to suffer the consequences BIG TIME!!!!! Even if you steal something small you should be severly punished. This will make criminals think twice about everything. Some of these low life bastard live better in Jail than they do on the outside. They have their friends and family in there so it's like vacation time. Get rid of these bastards, no need to spend our tax dollars on them.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,726,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
It sounds like the way these people were gunned down, if they had been carrying a firearm it wouldn't have made a difference. I don't think more guns will help, I think less gangs and drugs would. We need to treat the cause of the illness, not the symptoms.
One could argue that the cause of the illness, is deeply rooted in illegal immigration and weak border security.
Matter of fact, I will stand up and argue that.

Keep in mind these victims were under 21, and I firmly believe this age should remain law.

Keeping Americans from their consitutional right to keep and bear arms is not right. Let's just burn it and make up new rules...and allow amnesty and anchor babies and the right to sell drugs if necessary to survive, with minimal jail time....-ok ok a bit extreme..

FBI statistics prove that less gun control and areas that allowed concealed carry permits have lower crime overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles