Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 14,139 times

Advertisements

If I wanted to move to L.A. (which I might want to)to earn more money or relocate for a job not being well off or looking to start any trouble would I as a black man in L.A. be able to work, raise a family and enjoy my life without violence from surenos, or is that even possible with the Sur 13 Aryan alliance and all, if not why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 01:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
I have no idea what a "sureno" is and I have never heard of Sur 13 Aryan alliance. Considering that millions of other people move here and are not affected, you shouldnt be either. Just dont move to a bad neighborhood.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM

705 posts, read 3,299,325 times
Yes, you would be able to live a normal life and be able to provide for your family. Just because your black does not mean that you are going to be a target. I will say this, if your hispanic, black, or white and dress like a gangster then you are considered one by everyone. Appearance is very important in Los Angeles. You dont go to a shady neighborhood with a gold watch and designer clothes as well as you dont go to Beverly Hills looking like you came off the streets. Anyways, get a good job with good pay and decide where to move from there.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:04 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,175,637 times
You'd only have to worry about the cooperation between the Mexican Mafia and the Aryan Brotherhood if you were moving here to commit crimes or planned on being in jail.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:37 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
A sureno is a mexican gang member with ties to Southern California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I have no idea what a "sureno" is and I have never heard of Sur 13 Aryan alliance. Considering that millions of other people move here and are not affected, you shouldnt be either. Just dont move to a bad neighborhood.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 PM

635 posts, read 1,747,328 times
The aryan-sureno alliance is in jail, not on the streets. You have no problems.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:04 PM

194 posts, read 304,102 times
enjoy my life without violence from surenos, or is that even possible with the Sur 13 Aryan alliance and all, if not why is that?[/quote]

That's in prison, not on the streets. But that influence still rubs off on alot of them, even when they get out of prison.

But honestly, it's really not fair to put it all on the Aryan boys, alot of these Southsiders are racist ON THEIR OWN.
It really doesn't have that much to do with the Aryan whatever; it's competition for drug turf in the streets, and the harshness of prison life, which all gang members BRING ON THEMSELVES.

Don't gangbang and you won't go to prison. It's as simple as that.

Some Black guy beat the crap out of you in Chino (or vice versa) and you're mad as hell about it?
Well...what were you doing in prison to begin with?!?

That being said, you'll be fine. But use your better judgement in areas that are DEEP with Southsiders: The East Side, the Gateway cities, the San Gabriel Valley, and *ESPECIALLY* Harbor Gateway and Wilmington. Do what you gotta do and GO.
Those aren't places to linger or hang around in.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,641,798 times
why are you worried about such things? none of the hardworking, law-abiding black folks i know give this stuff a second thought.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,622,301 times
Default To Gene 7777777

California is one of the most racists states in the nation. The North is full of "skinheads chapters." I have traveled the North, South, West, and East top to bottom since 1980. Of course, if you live in one of the poorer areas, with minorities, they are more willing to accept you, but the moment you want to upgrade yourself into one of the better areas, as a minority, watch out! Stay away from Fallbrook, and Bonsall, in the Northern part of San Diego County. That is where Tom Metzer, the Head of the Aryan Nation lives, unless his house burned in the recent fires, and he has moved to his other headquarters in Sandpoint, Idaho. As a member of a minority group myself, I have been expoxed to racism in these areas, and I have natural blond hair, and a very light skin. I do, however, possess a slightly- accented speech that identifies me as a "foreigner," even though I am, by birth, an American Citizen from the island of Puerto Rico. Always protect yourself, and be on the lookout. |I did not experience much bias in Los Angeles, but that maybe was because I was visiting friends in the Eastern part. Good luck,

Old 11-26-2007, 11:11 PM

635 posts, read 1,747,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;2096508
California is one of the most racists states in the nation.
HUH?! California is extremely diverse, and most people tolerate this very well. I'm sorry but your statement is completely incorrect. Theirs racist chapters everywhere, and who cares if the head racist lives here or was born here. I will challenge this statement anytime, anyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles