Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,667,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
See? As a black woman this right here bothers me INTENSELY. Do you know how much African blood flows through most middle easterners? How can THEY be classified as "white"? The same with Pakistanis and Indians. Many are the same complexion as your darkest african, but in the United States they will be allowed to call themselves "white".

Why? Because their hair is straighter?
because racial labels are artificial social contructs, and when there are only three basic categories to cover the world's seven billion mongrels, there is bound to be some nonsense.

people who hail from the subcontinent are classified as asian, not white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 01:08 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,077,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
That's just silly. There is no significant threat to Whites because whites, along with Blacks, have become trivialized. All the undocumented Latino immigrants have to do is keep doing what they're doing now, and the federal keep on doing nothing, and Latinos will become the dominant power in California and of course in Los Angeles too, or maybe that's already happened. Latinos don't need to hate Whites (or Blacks) because the latter are being pushed out of the way by the flood of immigration and the higher birth rate of the former.

The Latinos have already won. They don't have to do a thing now except keep doing what they're doing, and it doesn't matter what Whites and Blacks do. The Latinos don't hate us Whites, nor do the Blacks hate us, except for a few rabid nut cases in the media. The simple fact is that Whites don't matter now in California, whether we leave or whether we stay. Some of us don't like that, don't want to be the minority, so we're leaving.

White flight: it's a reality, it's true. We're leaving because we don't want to be on the receiving end of being a minority, and because we don't want to live in a Latino society. And of course increasing crime, congestion (traffic) and increasing costs of living (due to our crazy state government) are additional factors.
I agree with Lovehound - NOBODY'S thinking about white people, except WHITE PEOPLE. Whites are the only ones constantly harping on this "race war" thing.

I also agree that as far as the west is concerned (Cali, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona) the latinos won it hands down and QUIETLY. They've also taken over certain parts of Florida as well.

Don't feel bad, from what I've been reading in international news, the darker races are slowly taking over traditional european enclaves like England, France, and Italy too.

What I wanna know is how could these countries, as well as OURS, let the immigrant population get so out of control like this?

Poor Bridget Bardot got fined some crazy amount of money for saying that the muslims have taken over her beloved France and made it garbage. The French government is making too many concessions to these people when in actuality these "visitors" need to conform to France's rules. I get where she's coming from, because without assimilation there will be problems.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,077,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
because racial labels are artificial social contructs, and when there are only three basic categories to cover the world's seven billion mongrels, there is bound to be some nonsense.

people who hail from the subcontinent are classified as asian, not white.
No. I've seen a couple of friends residency cards from India. Their race is listed as "white". Unless this has changed within the last few years.

They are Asian and people from what was formerly the Orient are now called either South or East Asians. I'm still confused on it.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:20 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,270,156 times
Quote:
See? As a black woman this right here bothers me INTENSELY. Do you know how much African blood flows through most middle easterners? How can THEY be classified as "white"? The same with Pakistanis and Indians. Many are the same complexion as your darkest african, but in the United States they will be allowed to call themselves "white".

Who really gives a cr*p who is white and who is not? White is going out of style anyway. If you really want to be something, you should want to be brown, because that's who will be in the majority by 2050 in California.
Quote:
Don't feel bad, from what I've been reading in international news, the darker races are slowly taking over traditional european enclaves like England, France, and Italy too.

What I wanna know is how could these countries, as well as OURS, let the immigrant population get so out of control like this?
That's a damn good question. I wish I knew the answer. I don't have any problem with demographic changes, I don't have any problem with immigration, but what I have a problem with is demographic changes resulting from uncontrolled, unlimited, undocumented immigration.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:41 PM

355 posts, read 1,484,182 times
Quote:

Sister, who cares what anybody classifies themselves as? If they want to call themselves green, let them. Many of these peoples and/or their cultures place a premium on light skin/whiteness, this has been the case for centuries if not millenia. Many Asian (south/central Asian and southeast Asian) cultures/nationalities do it, many African cultures do it, many Latin/Central/South American cultures do it too. If they got a problem with self loathing and self hatred based on skin tones and want to pretend to be white or go through medical procedures/use skin products/creams to try to whitewash themselves, that's on them.

There's one place where it screws things up for the negative, very badly.

Virtually all the crime committed by Latinos/Hispanics/Mexicans, legal or otherwise, gets classifed as committed by "White" people, which skews the statistics tremendously, particularly for race based crimes they commit against black folk. Yet roughly 10% of Latinos/Hispanics/Mexicans are actually white, as in, pure blooded decendants of Spaniards, Portuguese, or other Europeans. So the whites get the blame in the FBI uniform crime stats for crimes committed by Latinos.

While that's not just unfair to white folks, my concern is that this is another bogus attempt to conceal the truth of the matter of who is committing crimes, particularly hate crimes against blacks, nowadays.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:10 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,706,852 times
CALI will be a great big mix of people. everyday on the bus or train i see a mixed black and brown couple or brown and white.

we in CALI are all mixing and yup yup there aint nothing anyone can do about that. there aint no problem with that personally.

but everyone else, BE AFRAID

BE VERY AFRAID

PS. there aint no race war folks.

such hilarity

Old 07-10-2008, 04:17 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,884,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
CALI will be a great big mix of people. everyday on the bus or train i see a mixed black and brown couple or brown and white.

we in CALI are all mixing and yup yup there aint nothing anyone can do about that. there aint no problem with that personally.

but everyone else, BE AFRAID

BE VERY AFRAID

PS. there aint no race war folks.

such hilarity
I strongly agree.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:26 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,270,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
CALI will be a great big mix of people.
Cali is a major city in Colombia. You might be taken seriously if you can type the full name of our state, or at least use CA as an abbreviation. California is NOT Cali.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:03 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,281,539 times
Quote:
I agree with Lovehound - NOBODY'S thinking about white people, except WHITE PEOPLE. Whites are the only ones constantly harping on this "race war" thing.

I also agree that as far as the west is concerned (Cali, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona) the latinos won it hands down and QUIETLY. They've also taken over certain parts of Florida as well.

Poor Bridget Bardot got fined some crazy amount of money for saying that the muslims have taken over her beloved France and made it garbage. The French government is making too many concessions to these people when in actuality these "visitors" need to conform to France's rules. I get where she's coming from, because without assimilation there will be problems.
Not Arizona-----if anything: the illegals (most of whom are 'Hispanic') are fleeing in droves due in part to our employer sanctions law. It is too risky for an employer to hire an 'undocumented' person. SSN that fails E-verify: no job.

As for so-called 'darker races': if they immigrate here legally; most of 'em will become good Americans.

Hell: the most successful socio-economic group here are Black Africans (and their US born kids) from Nigeria, etc.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,281,539 times
Quote:
No. I've seen a couple of friends residency cards from India. Their race is listed as "white". Unless this has changed within the last few years.

They are Asian and people from what was formerly the Orient are now called either South or East Asians. I'm still confused on it.
East Indians today are counted as 'Asian'------they used be classified as 'White' years ago to get around the Jim Crow laws of 60 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles