Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 08:00 AM

872 posts, read 606,560 times

Advertisements

““Homelessness is like public education — something that for far too long we haven’t put the resources or love or attention to,” Garcetti said. “But that’s also changing in this city.”

Counting is the beginning of caring, and caring is the beginning of acting, and acting is the beginning of solving, and solving is the beginning of ending this crisis,” Garcetti said.

Wow- the depth and intensity of moral and ethical depravity that these people possess after unleashing throngs of criminals and mentally ill people into once- decent places. His words mock the victims and the vagrants alike. You can bet there are big money expenditures on the further destruction of our neighborhoods- words like his only preface a worsening of this situation- the vagrants need to be in secured, supervised facilities NOW away from drugs and alcohol along with the temptation to commit crime and harm innocent people. I can only hope that this continues to be fought in court and when the money trail is discovered, jail time will be on the menu for a majority of the "loving" liberal homelessness and crime facilitators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 06:31 PM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
https://www.dailynews.com/2019/01/25...l-brush-areas/

Old 01-25-2019, 08:50 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,237,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It depends on who you are talking about. There are people who are 'homeless on purpose', usually young people who can rely on mom and dad to western union them money when things get tough. And there are people who decide to relocate when they lose their job and decide to try to find a job and a place to live in a new area and end up homeless when that doesn't pan out. But of the homeless whose behavior is the most disruptive and who sleep rough the majority are either seriously mentally ill or chronic inebriates and wouldn't be able to focus or pull together the resources to travel more than a few miles.
So you are saying homelessness is a choice for some. For those who make this choice of homelessness, why do taxpayers have to pay? If the public must pay, what processes will be used to weed out these "choice" folks so they don't feed at the trough?

Old 01-25-2019, 10:30 PM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
So you are saying homelessness is a choice for some. For those who make this choice of homelessness, why do taxpayers have to pay? If the public must pay, what processes will be used to weed out these "choice" folks so they don't feed at the trough?
The homeless aren't asking you to pay for anything so your question makes no sense. For the most part they just want to be left alone, why not stop and ask a few of them?

Old 01-25-2019, 10:33 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times
Quote:
The homeless aren't asking you to pay for anything so your question makes no sense. For the most part they just want to be left alone, why not stop and ask a few of them?
The ones in L.A. don't want to be left alone, which is why everybody who lives here has stories about being accosted by the homeless. There was even a time when a homeless guy came at me with a deadly weapon.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
The ones in L.A. don't want to be left alone, which is why everybody who lives here has stories about being accosted by the homeless. There was even a time when a homeless guy came at me with a deadly weapon.
This is what you asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
And I answered you: They aren't asking you for a darned thing, they just want to be left alone.

end of story.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:27 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times
Quote:
This is what you asked:

And I answered you: They aren't asking you for a darned thing, they just want to be left alone.

end of story.
Are you saying that LuvSouthOC and me are the same person?

Old 01-25-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that LuvSouthOC and me are the same person?
My bad, I didn't realize that you were just helping him out. But my answer still stands: They aren't asking you for help.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:58 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
Quote:
Yeah no matter how many times we tell these stories though , out of area advocates will deny they happen.
Or they’ll say it was a one time isolated event . Or blame the victims .

Anybody that lives in L.A knows the reality of the situation .

Old 01-26-2019, 12:01 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
Crazy how people are spending millions to buy homes in Venice with stuff like this happening daily

They have to “investigate “ it really ? Just remove the thing .

“But but she should have a right to do whatever she wants ... “
——
Authorities are investigating whether a floating wooden barge caught on camera floating in a Venice canal is creating a public hazard.

Rebecca Dannenbaum, 49, says she made the barge to store her clothes and generators which she uses to make money charging electric scooters and sleeps out of an RV.

But residents say she lives on the barge and have called police.

Officials Investigating Makeshift Wooden Raft Seen Floating in Venice Canal
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...504756262.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles