Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2018, 08:56 AM

21,912 posts, read 16,649,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIS View Post
You are right! We need to build more institutions to keep them in asap! I have friends in Riverside and they say LA is shipping them to the IE on the train. We were driving up La Sierra from the 91 freeway the there were homeless people and their piles of trash on both side of the street for almost two miles and that's just one street. The poor store owners and customers ! On the other hand if they voted for Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom- this could be considered their comeuppance. People were obviously whacked out on drugs and/or booze lying all over the grassy areas and even blocking the side walk- that used to be a pretty nice area. LA must be a real homeless druggie mess if this is what they are sending to the Riverside and San Bernardino areas.
This is likely as weak an argument as has been posted in this thread in quite a while.

- Implorations to “build more institutions” without a lick of understanding how to - legally or otherwise - get homeless into “institutions”.

- unverified, anecdotal, claims of “shipping the homeless”.

- unsubstantiated anecdotal hyperbole about “miles of homeless and trash on both sides of the street for two miles” (“and just one side of the street!”)

To whatever extent ANY of what you post may be true, you haven’t backed it up with, well, anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 07:25 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,843,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You missed the part where Exitus says - at least many hundreds of times - that people who don’t live in LA can’t know anything about the homeless situation there ... and then posts about the homeless situation in a tiny dissimilar town hundreds of miles away.
Yeah, but no matter how you look at it, you've been hoisted by your own petard.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:38 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,236,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Link to this "data," please, or is it just your friends speaking?
If LA is dumping homeless in other areas (and there is video of this dumping happening in San Pedro). I don't think they'll be posting data or articles anywhere. They do it on the down low get it?? Not every single thing in life can be verified by written data or stats. Do you think someone is a lier when they see something with their own eyes?? This goes for you too Mutt.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No I haven’t. You’ve been roasted by (me, for) your own hypocrisy. Hilarious that you posted what you did after your constant criticisms of “out of towners”.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:15 PM

4,634 posts, read 3,435,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If LA is dumping homeless in other areas (and there is video of this dumping happening in San Pedro).
San Pedro is part of the City of Los Angeles. So if there is dumping going on then someone is dumping the homeless from one part of LA to another.

Quote:
If LA is dumping homeless in other areas (and there is video of this dumping happening in San Pedro). I don't think they'll be posting data or articles anywhere. They do it on the down low get it?? Not every single thing in life can be verified by written data or stats. Do you think someone is a lier when they see something with their own eyes?? This goes for you too Mutt.
There are some stats on this when cities give out their so called "greyhound therapy" as was outlined by the Guardian about a year ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-country-study

Downtown LA's skid row was getting hospital patients dumped on the row. So the city passed an anti-dumping ordinance about 10 years ago in response. In those cases, the dumping was at least attempted incognito.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ho...204344424.html

Old 12-31-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I never denied that cops sometimes dump people into other jurisdictions to get rid of them. This has happened all around the world since early times. Drunks, trouble-makers, criminals, homeless, all sorts of “undesirables”.

What doesn’t happen is campaigns of statistically significant numbers being systematically “bussed” out. The only time that happened was when Nevada mental hospital sent several hundred discharged mental patients to various places out of state including to California. And they were caught, sued, and collected from for it.

If it happens on such scale, you bet there would be evidence, investigations, and reporting, and lawsuits.

What you - or anybody - see with your eyes are incidents ... not wholesale campaigns. Handfuls of incidents out of a sub-population in the ten’s of thousands are infuriating sensationalist story fodder ... that don’t amount to actual squat.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:18 PM

4,634 posts, read 3,435,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Nope. I saw that one coming a mile away. Mutt set up a trap for you and you WALTZED right in like a bee on honey.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:35 PM

14,205 posts, read 8,321,102 times
I'm putting my San Francisco house on the market this spring. I'll take the money and split. 1.6 or 1.7 million for a home in the outer Sunset? It's yours.

Ill be semi-retired in Gilbert AZ where my buddy who works for the city says it's much easier to live on the streets of Cal than to panhandle during the AZ summers months. Give them a bus ticket to Cal and many of the drug addicts, panhandlers and hobos will leave.

I remember watching this fellow last summer pushing a cart along a city street. Streets are long in Phx metro and provide almost no shade as the sun beats down on you. He needs to go to San Francisco where the homeless industry is setup to serve his almost every need. I think SF spends something like 70 grand a year per individual on the street. Recently I read an article where Portland spends 100 grand per individual on the street.

In any case it's best to take that bus ticket and leave the Phx metro.

Way too hot in the AZ summer and the population by and large isn't sympathetic.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM

26,964 posts, read 27,236,188 times
Quote:
Do you think someone is a lier when they see something with their own eyes??
Who said that anyone was a "lier"? Hope your attitude improves once you move to AZ...

Old 01-01-2019, 10:51 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,236,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Who said that anyone was a "lier"? Hope your attitude improves once you move to AZ...
It was a question not a statement. Yes I'm sure my attitude will improve when I get away from all the bat**** crazy libs and Dems here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles