Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 02:31 AM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I understand that is your, and several other posters’, point. But the declaration jm made is total fiction. And so is any attempt to agree with those statements.

There is no special class status ... there is no policy restricting enjoyment of your properties.
I believe jm was referring to the cases where homeless people have their encampments directly abutting somebody's property. Those cases can certainly prevent somebody from enjoying their property due to noise, smells, health issues, safety issues, prying eyes, etc. In fact, there was a case in Anaheim where a father was furious about homeless people being able to look directly into his daughter's room from their encampment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 07:22 AM

21,905 posts, read 16,642,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I believe jm was referring to the cases where homeless people have their encampments directly abutting somebody's property. Those cases can certainly prevent somebody from enjoying their property due to noise, smells, health issues, safety issues, prying eyes, etc. In fact, there was a case in Anaheim where a father was furious about homeless people being able to look directly into his daughter's room from their encampment.
I understand that and appreciate the frustration the situation justifiably causes.

But I don’t condone false, hyperbolic fabrications. They are counterproductive. There are no official sanctions giving the homeless preferred or special class status or rights to infringe on private properties. This situation is a chaotic management nightmare.

As several of us have been saying for a thousand posts: thinking homelessness is a simple problem with simple solutions is naive.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:19 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I can't believe that anyone would live adjacent to a homeless camp and not have a video camera trained on it and be calling the local cops every time they observed a violation of the law. I know it's not fair, but the 'squeaky wheel theory' works very well in getting situations like that resolved. If I were the father in Anaheim, I would probably be concerned about anyone peering in his daughters room, not just homeless people, and I would probably put some blinds on her window.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:44 AM

26,959 posts, read 27,229,118 times
"Drugs, abuse — these are problems that millions of people deal with across the country. And yet most people don't become homeless. What finally landed Bay and Bobby on the streets was a series of evictions.

Bay was in government-subsidized housing in Hemet when she let some friends move in who weren't on the lease. She got evicted.

Then, not long afterwards, Bay and Bobby got evicted from another apartment after it became infested with bedbugs and they couldn't keep up with the extermination fees...."

This OC Couple Is Clawing Their Way Out Of Homelessness, And Texting Us Along The Way:
https://laist.com/2018/08/10/oc_coup...otel_texts.php

Old 01-06-2019, 09:26 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,237,888 times
What a couple of screw ups! This story just shows how bad their choices are, HORRIBLE! They are far from just "lacking in housing".

Old 01-06-2019, 11:02 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,235,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
What a couple of screw ups! This story just shows how bad their choices are, HORRIBLE! They are far from just "lacking in housing".
Oh how that story is typical though. Drugs, bad history, mental issues blah blah. Same story different day. I especially noted the part where Bobby refused a job because he "wanted to find housing first". No Bobby just dosn't want to work. I'd bet money their back on the streets today. Oh and why don't they move back home to East Coast?? Because they want to "prove they can make it to her parents".... What a crock of ****

Old 01-06-2019, 11:20 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I completely agree, they are screw ups and they make horrible choices. If they didn't they probably wouldn't be homeless. That's what police and social services have to deal with every single day. I'm not sure what a good answer to this is, I think that the woman needs mental health treatment but she's not harming anyone so you can't force her into it.

It's a messy problem, the best solution for them would be if her 'supportive' parents would take the couple in and try to help them manage their lives better but I'm guessing that if that was a possibility it would have already happened.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:15 PM

26,959 posts, read 27,229,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I completely agree, they are screw ups and they make horrible choices. If they didn't they probably wouldn't be homeless. That's what police and social services have to deal with every single day.
Exactly. What is it that people don't understand about this? The homeless are not like you and I. This is not a matter of "why can't they think the way I do?" If they did, most likely they wouldn't be homeless.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:24 PM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
.....or have long histories of mental illness, doing nothing but sucking up public resources, and crime - lots of anti- social behavior like most “homeless “

Old 01-06-2019, 01:32 PM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
It’s way past time to get full transparency and accountability for the tax money being spent on this .
Who has gotten the most money?
Where is the money now?
They should be proud to disclose that information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles