Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 07:06 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Then explain this to me:
It could mean they're taken by helicopter to a remote island (e.g. Lord of the Flies for adults)...doesn't say anything specifically about putting them in care of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 07:36 PM

8,457 posts, read 6,567,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Another off topic trolling post, like so many others by these two posters lately ... post after post of stories without any reported links to homelessness ... just pure speculation by the posters.

In this case, the story is about a man attempting to kill his parents ... but has nothing to do with homelessness. That the attacker was homeless is irrelevant since this is a pre-meditated, targeted assault on family.
Sounds like you believe as Democrats do that everybody are good people.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:16 PM

21,906 posts, read 16,642,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Sounds like you believe as Democrats do that everybody are good people.
Where have you ever read me saying any such thing? The world is full of nasty crapheads: homeless included, along with politics, business, construction trades, scientists, military, housewives/husbands, educators, journalists, and everyone else.

What I say is: speculation, misinformation, and outright lies are counterproductive garbage with ill effects.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:04 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,646,725 times
I'd be much more concerned by the population and demographic that continually commits mass murders. They are much more of a threat than any amount of homeless people.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:27 PM

6,674 posts, read 4,323,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He doesn't look very homeless to me, clean shaven, recent haircut, shirt looks decent...or maybe you have now decided to blame every crime on the "homeless"
Maybe the headline that said he was homeless should have given you a clue.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:19 PM

21,906 posts, read 16,642,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

1. Maybe you can tell the readers what information in the article clarifies the nature of his residential status. For example: many transients have shelter but refuse to disclose that when arrested (because they don’t want their rooms searched and possessions impounded). A guy clean shaven and clean dressed most likely had a place to stay at least the night before arrest. Capiche?

2. If he was truly homeless, what does that have to do with the crime he committed of pre-meditated, targeted assault on his parents ... ?

Old 12-28-2018, 04:21 PM

6,674 posts, read 4,323,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
1. Maybe you can tell the readers what information in the article clarifies the nature of his residential status. For example: many transients have shelter but refuse to disclose that when arrested (because they don’t want their rooms searched and possessions impounded). A guy clean shaven and clean dressed most likely had a place to stay at least the night before arrest. Capiche?

2. If he was truly homeless, what does that have to do with the crime he committed of pre-meditated, targeted assault on his parents ... ?
His homeless status doesn’t have anything to do with the crimes I know of. I never said they did. The other poster was accusing someone of making up his homeless status. It clearly says it in the headline.

I know you like to twist people’s posts and words to make yourself appear that you know something, but you might want to either slow down and read properly or take a reading comprehension class.

Your posts really make you look ignorant.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:54 PM

26,959 posts, read 27,229,118 times
Their (students at ArtCenter College of Design in Pasadena) challenge was to design emergency temporary housing. Also known as bridge homes, these structures are meant to house the homeless in any given location for up to 36 months before the structures are moved to help people in need somewhere else. The idea is to establish a refuge until residents can be connected with a more permanent home.

While working on their designs, students spent time on skid row, talking with residents, absorbing the neighborhood and cooking food for 110 women at the Downtown Women’s Center.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...218-story.html

Old 12-28-2018, 04:57 PM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:

And maybe the headline does not reflect anything in the article or in the release from LAPD both of which refer to him as a transient

Old 12-28-2018, 05:00 PM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
His homeless status doesn’t have anything to do with the crimes I know of. I never said they did. The other poster was accusing someone of making up his homeless status. It clearly says it in the headline.

I know you like to twist people’s posts and words to make yourself appear that you know something, but you might want to either slow down and read properly or take a reading comprehension class.

Your posts really make you look ignorant.
I never accused him of making anything up, I simply said that he doesn't look homeless. Geezus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles