Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,233,106 times

Advertisements

A few nights ago, whilst listening to Doug MacIntyre, during a very interesting call, the show was interrupted in order to announce that somebody had been abducted. Then, this evening whilst watching Top Gear on demand, the same thing happened. So then, is this now going to be the trend -- every night I'm going to have to sit through this? Abductions are very common in Mexico -- that's just part of their culture; but please, why do I need to be punished with nightly interruptions? Or, can't they just do the Amber Alerts on Spanish media programs, so the rest of us need not be interrupted?

Just one more reason to leave this dump...

Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
A few nights ago, whilst listening to Doug MacIntyre, during a very interesting call, the show was interrupted in order to announce that somebody had been abducted. Then, this evening whilst watching Top Gear on demand, the same thing happened. So then, is this now going to be the trend -- every night I'm going to have to sit through this? Abductions are very common in Mexico -- that's just part of their culture; but please, why do I need to be punished with nightly interruptions? Or, can't they just do the Amber Alerts on Spanish media programs, so the rest of us need not be interrupted?

I was interrupted last night as well. It was the first alert I have seen on TV. I don't see a problem with the alerts on highways - especially if they're looking for a car. But I don't think i'm going to run into any child abductors in my living room, so the message is lost on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Or, can't they just do the Amber Alerts on Spanish media programs, so the rest of us need not be interrupted?
On point or not, i LOLed.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Just in case the people that abducted the kids happen to drive thru your living room they would want you to know about it. It could happen you know. Then when it does happen and you are face to face with a car or van matching the description and the license plate is sitting inches from your face you will know that these people are the people that they are looking for. I applaude them for being so on top of things that they want to cover all the bases and let everyone know what is going on. LOL

Old 10-08-2010, 12:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Amber alerts happen everywhere you know.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:03 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
i was actually watching a recorded program last night when the alert came on. The channel on my cable box turned to "EAS" and lasted about 30 seconds. Afterwards, my cable box went back to the recorded program that I had been watching. It was pretty weird, I had never seen anything like that happen before.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
The Amber Alerts don't bother me, but the severe weather alerts sure do when the severe weather is happening 40 to 75 miles away in L.A. County.

Ever notice how they never occur during commercials?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:03 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,233,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You effin idiot moron!! Someone's child was abducted and getting the word out to the citizens of the city to help find the scumbag responsible for it is MUCH more important than your stupid Michelin tires special on Top Gear you were watching. WTF is wrong with you?

Im pretty sure than anyone here who is a parent would gladly love to give you an assist in leaving here by kicking you in your effin ass.
THANK you! I was just thinking the same thing.

What the hell is wrong with people? Someone's kid was abducted and their whole world is destroyed, and you complain about your precious TV being interrupted because of it? Nice.

People like the OP make me sick with their lack of compassion. What is this world coming to?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:17 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I was driving home from school last night and all the electronic signs had the Amber alert. I was on the lookout for the silver van with the dent. How scary for mom and the kids, but now that we know the abductors were dad and grandpa, even though it's still a bad situation, it is highly unlikely that dad or grandpa are going to physically harm these kids. Also, now we know who we are looking for. I think the kids will be found soon and returned to mom unharmed.

But the poster who's TV show was interrupted by the alert should be SHOT! What a dumbass! Only a moron would believe that his TV show is more important than the lives of these kids! Disgusting!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
I'm pretty sure there was a healthy dose of this driving the OP to post this topic:

Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
wow.
i have no problem with the AA's on tv or radio. the point about the kidnapper coming through the living room is ridiculous. many people watch TV for a bit and then might head out for the day. the point is to keep your eyes peeled.
and why would it only be on spanish languge TV? they want to get the word out. its not so hard to understand.
once you have children you learn to prioritize better and realize what truly matters in this world. and its not some silly program on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles