Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:05 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,238,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post

As for you not being able to wait for me to get out of town, that's a fairly naive comment to make, as I add value to this city, rather than detract from it. I'm the sort of person people want to have in their neighborhoods, rather than the sort that causes people to roll up their windows and lock their doors.

I'll send you a postcard from Montana...though here's hoping most people from CA don't follow me there....
For the record, you are NOT the sort of person people want in their neighborhoods. A racist, ignorant, callous person? You make me want to vomit.

Why don't you tell my dad (a Holocaust survivor) that the Holocaust never happened, you piece of crap!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:51 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,237,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
Yes, I am sure that Adolf Hitler and David Duke would love to have you as their neighbor.
How do you know that? Are you a fan of Adolf Hitler and David Duke?

Old 10-09-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
For the record, you are NOT the sort of person people want in their neighborhoods. A racist, ignorant, callous person? You make me want to vomit.

Why don't you tell my dad (a Holocaust survivor) that the Holocaust never happened, you piece of crap!
I disagree. I believe the Holocaust happened. Why do you say it did not?

Old 10-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
I disagree. I believe the Holocaust happened. Why do you say it did not?
Then I apologize for that remark. Someone above said you link to a Holocaust denial group in your profile.

Child molesters, racists, & Holocaust deniers... hot buttons for me. Sigh.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:37 AM

10,039 posts, read 9,526,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Perhaps the Amber alert on your TV set is a good thing. Let's say you step outside into your front yard for a moment and you happen to see the vehicle or persons being sought across the street or next door! It could happen! It's just a good idea to disseminate the Amber alert info in ALL forms of media because you just never know when, where, or how it will help save a life.
Actually this did happen just last week. It wasn't an Amber alert, but the guy was watching a news report on a kidnapping and then went outside to talk to a neighbor when he saw the suspect's truck drive by.

Sex charges filed in Fresno kidnapping case - Local - fresnobee.com (http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/10/07/2109709/sex-charges-filed-in-fresno-kidnapping.html - broken link)

Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 AM

10,039 posts, read 9,526,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
i was actually watching a recorded program last night when the alert came on. The channel on my cable box turned to "EAS" and lasted about 30 seconds. Afterwards, my cable box went back to the recorded program that I had been watching. It was pretty weird, I had never seen anything like that happen before.
I got the same thing in my DVR. The only problem I had was I had paused a live TV show and when the alert was over, it erased the recorded portion ad went to the live current portion. I had just paused about two minutes worth so I did not miss much.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 AM

471 posts, read 1,831,723 times
Man I can't believe people think like the OP. Get the heck outta here and take 1200RT's a** with you! I cannot stand compassionless selfish stupid a** mf's!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:50 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,627,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripGurl View Post
Man I can't believe people think like the OP. Get the heck outta here and take 1200RT's a** with you! I cannot stand compassionless selfish stupid a** mf's!
Give me a break.

No one attacked amber alerts on their face. No one thought they shouldn't exist. No one said they agreed with children being abducted.

The fact of the matter is that at the time, an amber alert on the TV meant nothing to me. There was ZERO possibility that I would have been any help to locating THE FATER of these boys. And before you attack my compassion, you really shouldn't know more about me. If, at the time, there was any possibility of me helping this situation, you better believe that I would have jumped at the opportunity. But there was not. Stop posting with emotion, and start posting with reason. No where did anyone say that they did not feel awful for the boys that were abducted. Or that they would have looked the other way, had they have seen that van. You cannot make the argument saying people are OKAY with child abductions because they were interrupted by an amber alert on TV. There is nothing to back that up.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post

No one attacked amber alerts on their face. No one thought they shouldn't exist. No one said they agreed with children being abducted.

The fact of the matter is that at the time, an amber alert on the TV meant nothing to me. There was ZERO possibility that I would have been any help to locating THE FATER of these boys.
You... do know you're not the only person in existence. Right? There are other people out there who might see the TV spot and be of some help. Other people exist in the world.

It was implied by you & the OP that you were irritated that there were TV spots at ALL because they are of no help.

If it helps one kid, then it's worth it. You have to agree to that!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Then I apologize for that remark. Someone above said you link to a Holocaust denial group in your profile.

Child molesters, racists, & Holocaust deniers... hot buttons for me. Sigh.
Apology gladly accepted. I too have been a champion for Holocaust awareness, and I do as much as I can to refute those who claim millions of Eastern Europeans were not killed by the NKVD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles