Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:17 PM

654 posts, read 2,125,595 times

Advertisements

You should contact News Channel 12 and tell them houw the police have not been taking it seriously. Maybe they will stand outside of the how and do a peice. I would also vidoe tape some transactions and send it to your local congressman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 01:30 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,052,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
Again; marijuana possession and dealing carries little to no jail time in New York. I am sure it is the same throughout most of the country. Saying that non-violent marijuana dealers are crowding the prisons is simply not true. The dealers and users that may be going to prison and crowding it would be heroine, cocaine/crack, meth, etc. users and dealers. Should we legalize these drugs so we do not crowd the prisons?

Auto larceny is usually done by non violent criminals; perhaps we should make the sentence less than it already is (which is very little to no jail time throughout most of the country unless you get caught a number of times)? There are many other non-violent crimes as well. Just because something is not violent does not mean the person doing it is not a filth bag.

The MAJORITY (not all) of prisons are state run so I do not know where you are getting that corporations are making big money off of them from.
bah - I don't check here often enough. Marijuana is the line in the war on drugs... On one side is the "legal" cigarettes / alcohol and the other are the "other" popular narcotics. There are over 1 million non-violent drug offenders in prisons throughout the country.
  • [LEFT]Someone is arrested for a marijuana offense every 36 seconds.[/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]89% of these are for marijuana possession — not for sale or manufacture. [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]In the U.S., there are more arrests for marijuana possession each year than for all violent crimes combined.[/LEFT]
Source: MPP Homepage

There are a significant amount of private prisons and yes, they are traded on the stock market. They specialize in housing these types of offenders - the State runs all the max security prisons. But, we're talking about pot smokers here. If you don't want to buy into that as big business, how about the pharmaceutical companies? Which side do you think they stand on in this debate?

I'd go far enough to say that your typical recreational pot smoker shouldn't be jailed, but will settle for someone smoking for medical reasons. Either way, it's currently illegal... If you don't understand the difference or look down at other country's who operate very well with legalized marijuana, you're just simply being closed minded.

If ever given the opportunity, watch:
American Drug War: The Last White Hope (2007)

Our government wants to keep marijuana illegal, but for all the wrong reasons. Certainly not the reasons you think they do.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,111,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanner View Post
video tape any illegal activates, and forward it to the police, if that don't work, burn their house down with them in it.
I sure wouldn't burn them out even though I love to burn things !
How about keeping low profile but videotape them and then blackmail the heck out of them. Then you'll have enough money to move to a better neighborhood.
If they are using a child to run the dope out to the customers, then video that and send it to the child welfare department. They could be dealing a smorgasbord of extremely dangerous drugs, not just weed.

Last edited by Rickers; 07-23-2009 at 01:58 PM..

Old 07-23-2009, 06:59 PM

999 posts, read 2,362,624 times
I own my own business, I had a few users here and there and had 2 pot users that thought as some of you do...

One day the both of them were going on about some bs story in the paper as to legalizing it.

Then i got involved and had to hear all the BS about how pot is good, doesn't cause an issue for normal day life and or any harm to the person or there ability/abilities...

Lol so once again i allowed this test... told them go and do your supposed hit tomorrow, not in my place of business, but nearby so i can test and see if such BS is true... (Machinist work, some math and measurements required)

Well guess what happened....

Guess....

Neither one was in a ZONE, other then paranoid and mistake after mistake, broken tooling, was utterly sickening to watch the stupidity that was spewing from both of them.... (not to mention the broken bits that cost good money)
So after the test i found out that one of them has been doing such activities during lunch, since i seen the same behavior..
Shortly thereafter he was terminated.
The other started to follow the others lead and use during lunch, his behavior of breaking tooling and becoming considerably slower became very apparent and i remembered his actions on that test day....
Shortly thereafter he was terminated...
Hopefully neither of them is making anything else that is important...luckily for me i never allowed anyone to do finish work or god knows what might have left my business..

Many many Stupified people on this island think this way, let alone the rest of the retarded society...

As for the OP and the house....sometimes you have to do things yourself....

Old 07-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Exclamation BS alert !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
I own my own business, I had a few users here and there and had 2 pot users that thought as some of you do...
One day the both of them were going on about some bs story in the paper as to legalizing it.
Then i got involved and had to hear all the BS about how pot is good, doesn't cause an issue for normal day life and or any harm to the person or there ability/abilities...
Lol so once again i allowed this test... told them go and do your supposed hit tomorrow, not in my place of business, but nearby so i can test and see if such BS is true... (Machinist work, some math and measurements required) Well guess what happened....
Guess....
Neither one was in a ZONE, other then paranoid and mistake after mistake, broken tooling, was utterly sickening to watch the stupidity that was spewing from both of them.... (not to mention the broken bits that cost good money)
So after the test i found out that one of them has been doing such activities during lunch, since i seen the same behavior..
Shortly thereafter he was terminated.
The other started to follow the others lead and use during lunch, his behavior of breaking tooling and becoming considerably slower became very apparent and i remembered his actions on that test day....
Shortly thereafter he was terminated...
Hopefully neither of them is making anything else that is important...luckily for me i never allowed anyone to do finish work or god knows what might have left my business..
Many many Stupified people on this island think this way, let alone the rest of the retarded society...
As for the OP and the house....sometimes you have to do things yourself.....
Sorry but I don't believe you at all. I worked as a tool maker for 10 years and have many machine tools for hobby purposes. I've seen drunks and potheads and tweekers come and go in the shops I worked in. The drunks are the worst. I don't buy the part about your test, you start that paragraph with "Lol once again I allowed this test" ! Letting someone who you know is high run your machines is very stupid. You allowed this twice ? Double stupid ! You then use a phrase like "since I seen the same behavior" and put between one and five periods after your sentences !
Sorry but I have a hard time believing any of your post.
You speak of stupified people and our retarded society and you knowingly allow stoned guys to work in your shop for an experiment ! How do you know if your experiment subjects only smoked pot ? They could have shot up heroin or smoked some ice or crack, did you watch them ? Why don't you drug test your employees ? It's cheaper than fixing crashed machines and buying new cutting tools
Thanks for the laugh !

Old 07-24-2009, 07:11 AM

316 posts, read 991,838 times
+1, bs.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSells View Post
You should contact News Channel 12 and tell them houw the police have not been taking it seriously. Maybe they will stand outside of the how and do a peice. I would also vidoe tape some transactions and send it to your local congressman.
Yes get the local TV station involved as well as the child protective services and don't have any confrontations with the perps. Stay low profile and let someone else get in their face, if you are doing the video taping and contacting the authorities then you need to protect your family against retaliation. That could involve moving.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,441,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Sorry but I don't believe you at all. I worked as a tool maker for 10 years and have many machine tools for hobby purposes. I've seen drunks and potheads and tweekers come and go in the shops I worked in. The drunks are the worst. I don't buy the part about your test, you start that paragraph with "Lol once again I allowed this test" ! Letting someone who you know is high run your machines is very stupid. You allowed this twice ? Double stupid ! You then use a phrase like "since I seen the same behavior" and put between one and five periods after your sentences !
Sorry but I have a hard time believing any of your post.
You speak of stupified people and our retarded society and you knowingly allow stoned guys to work in your shop for an experiment ! How do you know if your experiment subjects only smoked pot ? They could have shot up heroin or smoked some ice or crack, did you watch them ? Why don't you drug test your employees ? It's cheaper than fixing crashed machines and buying new cutting tools
Thanks for the laugh !
I cracked up at the "since I seen"...what kind of english is that? lol

Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,587,752 times
steve levy says there are no drugs in Suffolk County so I call shenanigans!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,355,759 times
I'm so high right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island