Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 AM

265 posts, read 945,051 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure there's a marijuana dealer on every block, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 AM

40 posts, read 267,737 times
video tape any illegal activates, and forward it to the police, if that don't work, burn their house down with them in it.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,031,904 times
I think marijuana should be legalized, but that still doesn't mean that I want guys selling it out of their houses where I live.

I've registered complaints with SCPD, and they handled the situation. In one incidence I called them up regarding goings-on at a park near me where there was drug dealing and fights breaking out every other day.

A week later when I went down to shoot some hoops, I heard some of the filth on the handball courts complaining about how the cops came down one night, put them up against the wall and took "their weed and pipes, man."

I giggled to myself.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdairyp View Post
Vote for Ron Paul, end the drug war and legalize them, eliminate the black market.

we get enough problem with 2 legal drug, cigarette and alcohol and you want to legalize marijuana?

even if it does eliminate the black market, you don't think there will be other social problems on top of what we already have?

how about you tell people not to smoke it would't that also eliminate the black market?

why do people want to smoke weed anyway?

why don't people take the money they spend on weed and do something constructive with their lives?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:47 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,031,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanner View Post
we get enough problem with 2 legal drug, cigarette and alcohol and you want to legalize marijuana?

even if it does eliminate the black market, you don't think there will be other social problems on top of what we already have?

how about you tell people not to smoke it would't that also eliminate the black market?

why don't people take the money they spend on weed and do something constructive with their lives?
I think that people who tend to become addicted to things and ruin their lives will do so in many cases regardless of what is legal or illegal. The social problems caused by legalizing weed would pale in comparison to the damage the alcohol does, but alcohol is part of our social fabric that is relatively harmless when used by non-addicts.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 AM

330 posts, read 887,973 times
Quote:

Read his (ron paul) book and you will understand

Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM

556 posts, read 1,445,745 times
Quote:

There is lots of things people spend money on that is enjoyable to them that is just as wasteful. I dislike going to the movie theaters very much and it is a big waste of money for alot of people.

Why do people go to the movies anyway?

What the hell makes you think someone who smokes weed doesnt do anything constructive with their life? People like yourself seem to only think the only ones that smoke weed are teens that hangout at 7-11. I guess Michael Phelps never did anything worth wild huh?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I think that people who tend to become addicted to things and ruin their lives will do so in many cases regardless of what is legal or illegal. The social problems caused by legalizing weed would pale in comparison to the damage the alcohol does, but alcohol is part of our social fabric that is relatively harmless when used by non-addicts.
i don't know the answer, and i don't knew how you are so sure, but if i have to make a guess i would disagree with you.

what about my other questions?

Old 07-21-2009, 11:07 AM

874 posts, read 2,874,855 times
I personally think that legalizing marijuana is ridiculous. It is USUALLY (not always) a stepping stone on the way to other drugs. It does kill many brain cells as well. I smoke cigarettes and wish they were illegal when I began because now I have a hard time quitting and if they were illegal when I was younger I would not have started.

For the topic of the drug dealing; notify the local precinct. Go there in person if you have to and politely explain the situation and ask whom you can speak to about it. More than likely they will refer you to a narcotics unit. If nothing happens right away it will be due to the fact as one other person posted that the police need to see it happening. If they decide there is something going on and they simply can't see transactions taking place they will eventually do the "buy and bust" tactic that takes time to do. They have to get someone undercover to buy and normally they need a certain amount of buys before they can take them down.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestburynLI to BronxnNYC View Post
There is lots of things people spend money on that is enjoyable to them that is just as wasteful. I dislike going to the movie theaters very much and it is a big waste of money for alot of people.

Why do people go to the movies anyway?

What the hell makes you think someone who smokes weed doesnt do anything constructive with their life? People like yourself seem to only think the only ones that smoke weed are teens that hangout at 7-11. I guess Michael Phelps never did anything worth wild huh?

going to the movie is not illegal.
could be constructive to some people, they could watch a movie write a review, post to their blog, make money from ADs or affiliate <- nothing illegal there

doing something constructive don't mean writing the next best selling novel, the way i see it, its positive for yourself, people around you or society.

so smoking weed is enjoyable, but their are many other thing people could do that are enjoyable and not illegal, so why do people still choose to smoke weed?

i not a doctor but if i have to guess weed is not going to improve Michael Phelps lungs, he is hurting himself and the people around him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island