Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 AM

66 posts, read 232,714 times

Advertisements

We are assuming it is Marijuana. There are two of them actually. Cars drive up a block and pull over. Dealer walks over to car and leans in. Deal gets done and dealer walks away. A couple of us on the block are fed up with it. One guy on my block followed a kid last week and he got on his phone and walked up to a house and 3 dudes came out. My friend totally outed him as selling drugs and told him to stop. The 3 dudes grabbed the kid and took him into the house. We have called the precinct and gotten no where. Patrol cars come and make themselves seen and nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM

127 posts, read 283,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
We are assuming it is Marijuana. There are two of them actually. Cars drive up a block and pull over. Dealer walks over to car and leans in. Deal gets done and dealer walks away. A couple of us on the block are fed up with it. One guy on my block followed a kid last week and he got on his phone and walked up to a house and 3 dudes came out. My friend totally outed him as selling drugs and told him to stop. The 3 dudes grabbed the kid and took him into the house. We have called the precinct and gotten no where. Patrol cars come and make themselves seen and nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions?
Hm, what's the adrdess?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM

66 posts, read 232,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisNY View Post
Hm, what's the adrdess?

I mean c'mon. Go do it in a parking lot or something. Not in front of our houses.

We are working on getting the cell #...

Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM

270 posts, read 970,037 times
Someone else posted a similar situation a while back - I believe they had to contact a specific narcotics division within the SCPD and had to wait some time before action finally took place. From what I recall, unless the SCPD actually saw something going on themselves, they wouldn't do anything.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,860 times
I'd follow what jpg71 said. I wouldn't confront them. They could retaliate and if you have a spouse and/or children, they can make things tough for you.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 AM

270 posts, read 970,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I'd follow what jpg71 said. I wouldn't confront them. They could retaliate and if you have a spouse and/or children, they can make things tough for you.
Definitely do not put yourself in danger. While you may see him simply as some neighborhood hooligan dealing some weed, he most likely has someone bigger above him that will not appreciate you getting in the way of his business.

Best thing to do, IMO, is for you and the neighbors to make yourselves more visible outside. They'll most likely decide to do business elsewhere. Definitely contact the Narcotics division to at least let them know of your suspicions, and every time you see some deal going down. Worst case is they just backburner it and hope you go away, best case is they actually have someone out there while the activity is taking place. Middle-of-the road case is they make enough of a presence to scare the dealer into either stopping, or doing it elsewhere.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,388,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
Bellmore...how not surprising.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:13 AM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
You can call 1-800-220 TIPS

I am not sure if this really works, but the narcotic squad of the SCPD in Yaphank is pretty good ; they are limited by laws that protect criminals.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 AM

556 posts, read 1,446,382 times
Try seeing who is the landlord of the house is.

Talk to them. Most of the time they will move out anyway. Cant stay in the same place for to long while doing illegal stuff. Could also start parking in front of their house.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 AM

330 posts, read 888,424 times
Vote for Ron Paul, end the drug war and legalize them, eliminate the black market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island