Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 PM

22 posts, read 41,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stive4WhatUWant View Post
Human Resources and you?
Same here human resources support. How is your status? or how has it been since your drug test? mine is still Open/Blank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 10:05 PM

57 posts, read 152,397 times
I just got back from a job offer at Aria for JG steakhouse a few hours ago. I was surprised cuz when I got the call to come in today, I was only told I was meeting with the Directors of Human Resources. I never thought it was a job offer. When I picked my shift, there was still 2 open shifts available which are 3-11 wednesday & thursday off and 4-12 thursday & friday off. So, if anyone here is waiting on a gourmet server position for JG, there's still a chance you can be called. Training doesn't start til December 7. They haven't even hired a restaurant manager yet and that's the reason for the delay in job offers. It might be the end of the month already and some have lost hope in being called but the process is still going on. Stay positive everyone!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 PM

131 posts, read 239,409 times
Default Thank You and Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio78 View Post
I just got back from a job offer at Aria for JG steakhouse a few hours ago. I was surprised cuz when I got the call to come in today, I was only told I was meeting with the Directors of Human Resources. I never thought it was a job offer. When I picked my shift, there was still 2 open shifts available which are 3-11 wednesday & thursday off and 4-12 thursday & friday off. So, if anyone here is waiting on a gourmet server position for JG, there's still a chance you can be called. Training doesn't start til December 7. They haven't even hired a restaurant manager yet and that's the reason for the delay in job offers. It might be the end of the month already and some have lost hope in being called but the process is still going on. Stay positive everyone!
Thank you for the update and congratulations, Scorpio78!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:53 PM

10 posts, read 20,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEP View Post
Same here human resources support. How is your status? or how has it been since your drug test? mine is still Open/Blank.
I'm glad to meet you because I haven't met anyone that has applied for the same area as me lately. I just know two people who applied for Accounting that know their start dates and they were internals that were laid off for about a year. They are friends of mine.

I am still OPEN/BLANK. I called City Center today after I read what they told you about hiring someone for that department in which they were only going to hire "one" person who would be working solo on their projects. They told me that they had no idea how to see what departments were filled and that some departments are waiting until mid November to even hire anyone for their department. She said to just wait and hang in there. Either way I think there will be openings somewhere if not City Center possibly other MGM MIRAGE properties. I had two other friends who were internals that were also on layoff status (internal layoffs are considered internals until December) who also applied for HR but they were sent an email in the very, very begining stating they weren't in consideration any longer and they'd keep them on file for 6 months. So, from what they told me it seems like they did do those type of emails from that department.

Are you an internal or external?

Are you working now anywhere?

Hope that wasn't too many questions and hope I helped out in some way too.

Last edited by Stive4WhatUWant; 10-30-2009 at 11:02 PM..

Old 10-30-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio78 View Post
Congratulations. I didn't apply for that area but I just wanted to cheer you on. I think it's great how everyone here supports one another...even after job offers.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:00 AM

6 posts, read 11,468 times
To anyone who might find this info useful:
Instead of calling CC I went in today/friday to see what the status was on my app. After the rep looked up my status which was still active, she informed me that they will be hiring throughout November. They are behind schedule so think twice before you change or remove your app. F&B is usually one of the last departments to hire. I am applying in the Cook/Banquets area. She also told me they might be hiring all the way till they open. As it was stated in earlier posts, some people aren't taking part-time which gives some of us a chance to get that preverbial "foot in the door". So in other words, keep your heads up.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:36 AM

10 posts, read 18,330 times
Thanks steve4forwhatuwant.
you mentioned that they hired two laid off workers for accounting position. i was interview for accounting receivable clerk position on july 27 by department manager. i am external and i have not herd anything yet but application status is active and position is open. if you can find out from your freinds that if they hire any external for accounting clerk position. during interview manager told me that there are 17 positon for accounting clerk.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelgptl View Post
Thanks steve4forwhatuwant.
you mentioned that they hired two laid off workers for accounting position. i was interview for accounting receivable clerk position on july 27 by department manager. i am external and i have not herd anything yet but application status is active and position is open. if you can find out from your freinds that if they hire any external for accounting clerk position. during interview manager told me that there are 17 positon for accounting clerk.
I will call them today and ask. I know one of them was hired 2 months ago. She was laid off from an internal job in the HR department and she applied for Accounting Clerk because she had previous experience in that field a long time ago. So, they hired her and were going to train her at the Bellagio on November. My other friend who was hired 1 month ago had recent experience as an internal who was also on layoff status. Not sure of her exact title she applied for and they are starting her in December without training and she was hired by a person she use to work with. I know one of them told me that they are hiring slowly and that they are behind from their original schedule for hiring and to just wait. That's what one of them was told when they were hired. Hope that helps.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:06 PM

22 posts, read 41,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stive4WhatUWant View Post
I'm glad to meet you because I haven't met anyone that has applied for the same area as me lately. I just know two people who applied for Accounting that know their start dates and they were internals that were laid off for about a year. They are friends of mine.

I am still OPEN/BLANK. I called City Center today after I read what they told you about hiring someone for that department in which they were only going to hire "one" person who would be working solo on their projects. They told me that they had no idea how to see what departments were filled and that some departments are waiting until mid November to even hire anyone for their department. She said to just wait and hang in there. Either way I think there will be openings somewhere if not City Center possibly other MGM MIRAGE properties. I had two other friends who were internals that were also on layoff status (internal layoffs are considered internals until December) who also applied for HR but they were sent an email in the very, very begining stating they weren't in consideration any longer and they'd keep them on file for 6 months. So, from what they told me it seems like they did do those type of emails from that department.

Are you an internal or external?

Are you working now anywhere?

Hope that wasn't too many questions and hope I helped out in some way too.
I speak spanish so I called through the spanish part of the company and people are more honest there and take their time. Every-time I call the always spend between 5 to 10 minutes with me which is not the case when I call the regular line. I am an external and nope I am not working anywhere I have been without a job since the beginning of this year which is when I applied for CC. Back in January, had my first interview in June and my second one in August then my DT in september and this is where I stand now. About accounting they told me they were just starting to hire them. I have another interview at another Hotel ( not MGM owned) in 10 days I have continue to apply and interview because one I need a job and two it is hard to rely in CC when they don't communicate clearly with us. Hope this helps you or helps any one here.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:45 PM

131 posts, read 239,409 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovayu View Post
To anyone who might find this info useful:
Instead of calling CC I went in today/friday to see what the status was on my app. After the rep looked up my status which was still active, she informed me that they will be hiring throughout November. They are behind schedule so think twice before you change or remove your app. F&B is usually one of the last departments to hire. I am applying in the Cook/Banquets area. She also told me they might be hiring all the way till they open. As it was stated in earlier posts, some people aren't taking part-time which gives some of us a chance to get that preverbial "foot in the door". So in other words, keep your heads up.
Thanks, Ovayu! This information sounds consistent with the information that my friend received from a CC Rep over the phone on Friday, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas