Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 10:32 AM

41 posts, read 75,066 times

Advertisements

good luck sin city!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 10:44 AM

91 posts, read 200,666 times
[quote=sincitylegal;10915636]I just hope after all the waiting and now the flipping of location, they hire me, if not, they wasted their money, as for I already did my drug test back in March. [quote=sincitylegal;10915636]

first of all, i don't think you should keep waiting and waiting and waiting for city center, in the end after all of this waiting game, they didn't offer you a job, if they did in the future great, today, tomorrow - then great!....you should keep looking around for other possible opportunities if there are just in case, a back up plan A plan B plan C etc., don't depend on one company, lately i have been looking all over for open jobs, keep applying all around and keep moving, and of course follow up on all of your applications where you submitted them. this is just my advice.

on my end.....my city center application/status: active/open

good luck to all! one more thing . . . a job is a job it pays the bills : )

Old 09-25-2009, 10:46 AM

188 posts, read 349,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frath View Post
I can tell you I went in yesterday for my job signing and my seniority level had moved up several spots. I also got to look at the schedule and all the weekend days off were already taken (shocker) and I was able to get a swing shift I wanted. But it sounds like they are moving along quickly in getting the front desk set up. First day of work is December 1st for 2 weeks of orientation.
hi ....do u know any 1 who applied for housekeeping? ?

Old 09-25-2009, 10:47 AM

10 posts, read 26,286 times
Angry Front Desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frath View Post
I can tell you I went in yesterday for my job signing and my seniority level had moved up several spots. I also got to look at the schedule and all the weekend days off were already taken (shocker) and I was able to get a swing shift I wanted. But it sounds like they are moving along quickly in getting the front desk set up. First day of work is December 1st for 2 weeks of orientation.
Well that sucks...

Old 09-25-2009, 10:53 AM

20 posts, read 40,902 times
I don't know if this is helpful to anyone but, my boyfriend applied for Aria Table Games Dealer earlier this year and his application went inactive back in June so after a call to the CC reps, we were told he didn't get the position however, he did get this email this morning:

---
Notice Concerning Available Positions with Other MGM MIRAGE-Affiliated Employers

Thank you for your interest in employment at our Company.

In the event that you are not offered a position for which you applied, your application may be forwarded to other MGM MIRAGE - affiliated properties that may have vacancies for the same or similar positions. If you do not want your application to be considered for similar positions at other MGM MIRAGE – affiliated properties, you must notify us via email at employment@mgmmirage.com.

Please be reminded that your current application will only be active for six months, at which time you will have to submit another application to be considered for employment at our Company. You may submit your interest in another position at another MGM MIRAGE – affiliated property at any time by withdrawing your current application online and submitting a new application.

Sincerely,

MGM MIRAGE Employment
-----
I actually think it might add to the confusion about having to resubmit your application to be considered for other properties. He called this morning and the CC rep told him that because his status went to inactive, he'll automatically have his application forwarded to other MGM property databases and if anyone is interested in him, that property will call him. After 6 months, his application will drop out of the system and he will then have to start the process all over but at least for the next six months, his application will come up in a search by properties for those applying for his position.

--and SinCity, that whole "cancelled" thing happened to me too. I had originally applied for an admin II position and about 3 weeks after my interview, my job status went CANCELED but my application status said ACTIVE. Then a few days later a new position appeared above the old one. The description had changed a bit and it was downgraded to an admin I. I called and CC reps said the senior staff decided that an admin II ranking wasn't needed and reformed the job (and pay I'm sure) to an admin I and resubmitted my application to the running in that position without having me re-interview.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:00 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,039,624 times
the question is.... 6 months from when? i would still reapply just like they were telling people at the job fair on wed.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 AM

16 posts, read 39,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiko41 View Post
hi ....do u know any 1 who applied for housekeeping? ?
I dont know anyone personally, but I know there were several there yesterday at the same time I was there for housekeeping.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:09 AM

16 posts, read 39,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre2009 View Post
Well that sucks...
Sorry, just trying to help.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:13 AM

181 posts, read 340,930 times
quote from newbie,(good luck to all! one more thing . . . a job is a job it pays the bills : )

a job is a job, but a career is your future

Old 09-25-2009, 11:23 AM

91 posts, read 200,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
quote from newbie,(good luck to all! one more thing . . . a job is a job it pays the bills : )

a job is a job, but a career is your future
yes of course.....with this economy ? (if you are lucky) you can't be picky. ha! for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas